[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I communicated with them that barring other apps is understandable from ST that aren’t coordinated with Blink team, whereas RBoy’s is. I got positive responses on that route.

1 Like

I am on the latest version of the DH and App and it just doesn’t work for me. I can see via live logging that it queries Blink network and then returns an error as it appears to be locked out and therefore cannot discover the cameras.

The email I had from Blink support this morning said this

Good morning Andrew,

Thank you for your e-mail. Indeed, our development team had to disable unofficial third party integrations until further notice,
including SmartThings.
We are in the process of adding IFTTT support. This will first be launched in North America and will be gradually rolled out in
Europe. We currently do not have a date for this but you can keep an eye on the Updates section of our website for further
news:

http://support.blinkforhome.com/customer/en/portal/topics/881964-updates/articles

Kind regards,

Laurence
Blink Customer Support

Not working for me. I deleted all my devices and the app. After reinstalling it just says “no cameras found in account”

same here…

Use the latest versions:

1 Like

I’m running the latest of both and still not working either. The Blink Camera Manager says “No cameras found in account” under status. Was working fill untill Monday.

Those are exactly the version i’ve been using. I have re-created both device handler and the application from scratch, but also getting “no cameras found in account”

3:22:41 PM: error Unable to get all network ids: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘networks’ on null object
3:22:41 PM: debug Got new AuthToken = [TOKEN_AUTH:TEXT], BaseServer = prde, Region = Europe
3:22:41 PM: trace Passed null: 13.504 seconds
3:22:41 PM: trace Getting all Sync Module network ID

I’m on the latest version. 05.08.00 and 05.04.00

Think its working for some and not others…

Side Note:
I’d imagine that with the IFTTT channel, in order to use the motion detection, the camera would have to be on? The problem is, there is no quick and easy way to change the duration of the video nor the re-trigger time.

So the best option for me would be to have all cameras set at 30 seconds with a 10 second re-trigger time for when the system is armed. That means that its going to take at least 45 seconds and up to minutes for IFTTT to send to SmartThings that Blink has detected motion which will then give a burglar a whole minute to decide, once he is in the house, to run or not.

The whole purpose of security is to detour crime BEFORE it happens! This is the issue with using Blinks native implementation. Rather have longer video with 10 second gap but that increases the notification time.

The way I have it set up now is it only does 1 second to trigger, then quickly changes to a longer video length to monitor. Such flexibility with RBoy’s App! The more I think of all that I am loosing, the more I am hoping and praying that this is all worked out.

1 Like

Think Europe is out of scope at Blink these days.

Should start working shortly guys, hang in there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

yup, can confirm i’m back online. Result!

2 Likes

Working for me also :+1:

1 Like

Back online. Will this last until the 27th?

I just came across this mess today… I would have not know about it at all unless I saw it on a different thread.

I’ve sent in a message via the suggestion page as well as a “System Use” support ticket. I let them know that I would be returning my 5 camera system (via their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee) and cancelling the XT on preorder if ST was dropped.

I’m glad the wife is going to be out of town when all of this is supposed to stop working… I’ve already switched from Arlo to Blink and having to switch again would piss her off. If I can get it done before she gets back, it will be much better. lol

1 Like

Well all of a sudden its working again… Great but is this the lull before the storm? Lets hope not

blink and SMARTTHINGS UPDATE

I want to thank everyone for sending in your comments and making yourselves heard. Blink has heard you all and has decided that they will continue the SmartThings integration with Blink. There will be NO service interruption on January 27th and you can continue to enjoy the integration between SmartThings and your Blink cameras. I would like to thank Blink for their continued support and commitment to the SmartThings community.

###For now the only the latest version of the RBoy Blink ST Client (SmartApp v05.08.00 and Device Handler v05.04.00) will continue to work and be supported. If you are not on this version, please upgrade to this version immediately. We are working with Blink on moving this towards native integration with SmartThings as a long term solution which would make this integration even easier and free for everyone. More updates to follow.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to address Blink’s concern over security and stability, only the Blink approved client (RBoy Blink Client SmartApp v05.08.00 and Device Handler v05.04.00) will be allowed to integrate/communicate with the Blink server. Under the revised terms, anyone found using a modified or unauthorized version of the client could have their account blocked/suspended/disabled. This is done for the safety and protection of the Blink and SmartThings infrastructure. Once we move towards native integration these security/safety concerns would be addressed in a more holistic manner. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

RBoy and Team

FAQ: Can I continue with the old version for now?

• The older versions will no longer work and to ensure smooth operations Blink is requesting customers to upgrade to the latest version. It is highly recommended to update your code immediately as accounts who aren’t on the recommended version are being monitored due to safety/security concerns.
    If you are unable to upgrade to the latest code immediately, PLEASE UNINSTALL the OLD versions of the SmartApp/device handler and then reinstall the latest version when you need access to the integration. This will avoid any disruption to the accounts/service and help protect the infrastructure.
15 Likes

This is truly a mess. I originally purchased by Blink system due to its ability to integrate with SmartThings, but at this point I am too far in to switch to a different camera system. As a temporary workaround I devised a scheme that allows me to enable/disable the system, and exposes the cameras to SmartThings as motion detectors that I thought I would share. However, my setup is relatively basic compared to others I have seen mentioned in the thread so it will not work for everyone, but I thought I would share. My setup only requires arming and disarming the Blink system, and registering as a motion sensor in SHM. The solution does require IFTTT, which I was lucky enough to successfully link.

First, I created a virtual switch, and two corresponding IFTTT applets. One applet that arms the Blink system when the switch turns on, and one that disarms the system when the switch is turned off.

Next, I created a virtual device for each of my cameras using the universal device type from @Mike_Maxwell (linked below). The ‘virtual cameras’ were configured have a switch input, but output like a motion sensor, also to automatically turn off after 5-minutes. Each ‘virtual camera’ was linked to an IFTTT applet that turned the switch on when motion was detected, which registers in smart things an active motion sensor.

Hopefully this can help.

2 Likes

Blink’s continuing it’s integration with the ST community:

2 Likes

I am overseas, with only my phone…are there issues with my not being able
to update till about Feb. 6th? I guess I might be able to find ab internet
cafe…I just hate exposung my passwords at a place like that…