[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

That’s all I want, arm the system at a prescribed time, (ie: Good Night), turn off a camera when someone leaves, turn off the others when 2 other people leave, etc., turn on cameras when we are all gone.

I have it set up with IFTTT and so far it has not been at all consistent. I had it work 2 times in a row and not again after that. Im not sure why but IFTTT has never been reliable for me at all.

Let Blink know about it, they seem pretty confident that IFTTT is the answer to their home automation integration.

2 Likes

Can I ask how to set this up with IFTTT …

All I want is the ability to arm/disarm when everybody leaves or someone arrives … based on ST routines really… If I can mimic that then I will be happier …otherwise its just another ebay item !!!

Just had a reply from Blink re my support call to query the integration with ST and their response was that they didn’t know about this???

Also tried using IFTTT but cannot connect to Blink with my Blink account details ???

Seems a bit of a mess to me.

Sorry to hear this news @RBoy - you have dedicated a lot of time to this to make it great and they really did you and this community a disservice. I just sent them my thoughts on their decision.

While I have finally gotten the clunky ifttt integration working, Im really going to miss the ability to snap a photo when my doorbell rings. Hopefully they will reconsider.

1 Like

Jezzzzz I only have the cameras for a week and now this! Unbelievable.

Any chance someone could reverse engineer and use whatever back-end API the official client uses? I suppose that would at least allow arming and disarming the cameras via SHM, even if all of them at once… or am I completely wrong here?

1 Like

This morning I received a slightly different response. Although they are still recommending IFTTT, this is the first I have seen noted here that they are working on official integration.

Thank you for contacting Blink. Currently we are working to provide
official SmartThings integration to Blink. The SmartThings platform that
was available was not supported or created by Blink. Due to various
issues with SmartThings, we have removed all server access. For any
further questions or concerns please contact the SmartThings developer.

Currently, we are offering IFTTT support…

flood their FB page with complaints.

2 Likes

Had a go at them on facebook and via their support mailbox.
I want to send those things back, utterly useless without rboys integration.

1 Like

Also this may be a good time to leave a review for the product in Amazon. Amazon UK

1 Like

I just got the same email about them working on official SmartThings support.

I had also let them know I cancelled my XT preorders and would be selling my system without SmartThings integration. There reply to that was to make sure I removed the cameras from my account to that I could delete my account through the app.

@RBoy, what’s the estimated representation of Blink Users who have integrated their systems into the ST platform vs how many Blink units sold?

Just a quick down and dirty number based on your opinion.

With a response like that, it leads me to believe that we are a small number and they just don’t give a d##m. Just seems stupid. I mean, the thing has a network jack on it and a USB port. They could give us local access if it’s security or server issues there are having issues with.

Come on. Seriously, I did research, outside of smartthings community, on which cameras worked best with ST and they all led back to Blink using RBoy’s App. WTH is wrong with them?

1 Like

One star review left! i guess they want to enter smarthome market themselves so they cut out competition…

I’m too heavily invested in ST to change, so it will be sayonara to Blink!

that sucks, i was looking forward to the XT one. I guess they just lost another preorder

I’ve just asked for return/refund instructions.

IFTTT is even broken for them - constant “Invalid login” so I now have 5 cameras which are useless.

Its clear they have p****d off a lot of people doing this and the replacement they are quoting doesnt even work. Whats annoyed me even more is they took 3 days to get back to a simple enquiry about this.

I hate Arlo so not sure what I’m going for next

Kraeg

1 Like

All

a quick trawl of Linkedin revealed these key contacts at Blink

David Laubner
Head of Digital Marketing & Sales

Don Shulsinger
VP Sales and Marketing at Blink Home Security

Brendan Dore
European Business Development Manager

I couldn’t get email addresses or send direct emails as I don’t have Linked InMail , but if anyone does here then can I suggested a well worded email to them… and a link to this forum !!

Just a suggestion. I have already posted on Twitter, facebook and sent them a complaint so the more we do this the more they are likely to consider their actions…hopefully

2 Likes

David Laubner
Head of Digital Marketing & Sales
DavidLaubner@immediasemi.com(educated guess based on Brendan email)

Don Shulsinger
VP Sales and Marketing at Blink Home Security
donshulsinger@immediasemi.com(educated guess from below)

Brendan Dore
European Business Development Manager
brendandore@immediasemi.com (found on internet)

2 Likes

Ok might be worth a few emails then !!! . I will send one to all of those.

Thanks

Andy

Here is David Laubner twitter incase anyone wants to send him a tweet. We should start a hashtag

https://twitter.com/BostonDave