[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I know NOTHING about using IFTTT and very little about Stringify, but would either of these two services be able to turn on / off the cameras based on presence sensors?

Yup, mine are dead too! Had to turn off the cameras via the Blink app as ST Routines stopped do it.

1 Like

Yes 27th for sure, am talking to them right now. They had a snafu with the config and will fix it. Still continuing a dialog with them.

Must be the reason I cant connect through ifttt then.
Wrong password it says.

X fingers they get the word!!!

The IFTTT channel is so limited. I have my Alarm System Panel as a switch in ST so I am at least able to arm the cameras when the SHM arms but all in all I just went from having a really cool Camera system to basically cameras that I am really dissatisfied with now.

Really sux monkey balls.

1 Like

Mine did not work just now when I got home. I chatted with them and they told me they have turned off Rboy’s access and to only use IFTTT. Didnt even wait until the 27th.

How do you use SHM based arming with IFTTT? I only see Presence and some other things.

It’s started working, they’ve fixed it.

Thanks @RBoy! For your next trick, can you get them to explain why they acknowledge your existence enough to fix this timing issue, but continue to disavow any knowledge of your app or how it came to exist? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Folks keep sending in your comments and experience with IFTTT to Blink, they’re listening. Blink feels that their IFTTT can replace the current ST integration. If you don’t agree with them let them know about and spread the word. It’s just a numbers game, if enough folks ask for it, you’ll get to keep it :slight_smile:

Can IFTTT Arm Blink Via SHM changes??

Little late to the party - I thought updating RBoy’s handler and app would fix it. Then, I found the mess that’s unraveled over the past 3 days.

I emailed them with the link provided and also canceled my pre-order for the outdoor camera. IFTTT just don’t cut it and I’m not paying another $10 / mo.

Hopefully they reconsider as I really liked these little cameras.

1 Like

Just found this the hard way
 as my camera started acting weird when I returned home and ST tried to disarm them
 If I am reading this right , Blink have blocked access to their servers for ST to query? and whilst I dont understand IFTTT I am gathering this doesn’t provide the same functionality??

Well I emailed Blink and told them if this is true , they can have my cameras back and I will expect a full refund and I wont be investing as I was planning to invest in any new cameras
instead I will consider Arlo

I really hope Blink read these posts as this stinks
 so unimpressed. and I for one will keep emailing Blink until they agree to fix it.

Same here @RBoy said they turned it back on but I’m seeing issues still.

No, just your Things. No Routines or SHM. You’d have to set up virtual switch, and then that would be used in a Routine to arm/disarm SHM. Pretty clumsy in my opinion.

What i thought. Tired of virtual switches lol

1 Like

Have you been able to get this to work? I tried setting up a virtual switch in a routine and have yet to have IFTTT actually trigger an arm or disarm command.

Nope, not yet. I gave up and sent Blink another “are you nuts recommending IFTTT” email

I made a post on their Facebook site, which is waiting to be reviewed by them; which means it won’t get posted by their marketing censor police.

2 Likes

I emailed and cancelled my preorders. I will sell my cameras and buy Arlo if they go through with it.

2 Likes

Permanently or just unti the 27th rumour drop dead date?