[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Are you able to hear the camera volume on Smarthings? I can only hear if I am looking at the camera through Blink hub.

Iā€™m getting an invalid login/password when I try and add the SmartApp. OAuth is definitely enabled (before I added the SmartApp in ST) and it successfully generated the the client ID and secret just fine, I expanded OAuth again and itā€™s definitely there.

Just in case Iā€™m insane I went into the Blink app on my phone and changed my password and it accepted what I thought was my password. For the new password I just set it the same and tried again in the Blink SmartApp but still got the same ā€œInvalid login/passwordā€ā€¦

Adding @RBoy for visibility.

You should be able to hear the volume through SmartThings as well

Any word if Blink will offer a video integration with Amazon Echo View, similar to Arlo, Ring, etc?

I would hope so, since they already have a skill to in Alexa App. I will be receing my Echo Show today and see how it works with Arlo and Ring

Working fine here, maybe some temporary server issue. Assuming it was working fine earlier. Most common issue is the special characters (e.g. ! works but # has a problem, so you may need to experiment). Check the caps is all I can think of otherwise.

Installed the latest DH n smart app.
Can someone confirm if the signal strength status should be shown for the camera and sync module?
I donā€™t appear to see this?

Tried it again, it threw an error (not incorrect credentials, something else, I forget) but it pulled all my cameras and everything seems to be working, thank you!

Whatā€™s the difference between the On/Off switch and the System Armed switch?

On off controls individual cameras, the system switch controls the sync module, check out the first post for details.

1 Like

In doing a search on the internet for how to disable that #$@$%#$ blue light on the Blink camera, I found one reference to someone who stuck a pin in the hole, heard a pop and it quit lighting upā€¦ anyone here done that? Or do you know another way? Thanks

@jgirvine

I would not advise that after all what happens if you actually decide you want the light back or want to sell the camera on etc. It takes minutes to pop open the cover, unscrew the board and put some tape over the led and put it all back together. Plenty of videos out there detailing the process. I did all of my cameras in less than 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Took your advice and watched the video and did it that way.

4 Likes

Curious if this has the ability to setup a zone like service. For example arm only outdoor cameras when home but arm all cameras when not home.

Yes, that was one of the primary purposes of the Blink Camera Manager SmartApp. You can select which camera to arm in selective modes.

1 Like

Hi @amishtech,

And for those times when ST failes, you can also have a CoRe PISTON run a check if anyone is home interior cameras are to be turned off when presence or active motion or combination.

Hereā€™s a neat app to create a routine backup. Essentially this runs a minute or so after the mode changes and verifies if the routines actions were completed and if not does them for you (and notifies you).

Hello everyone- I love this app. I just installed the new version and now I donā€™t have battery monitor number showing or temp numbers showing anyone know what may be the problem? Error I get when using sensor update button on cameras is this

84666db2-ddc5-4183-a1d0-997fb73f67c8 4:20:36 PM EDT: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method round() on null object @ line 1772

Did you get this fixed at all? Iā€™m having the same issues no temp number, no battery percentage and I cannot get full screen either.

Did you upgrade to the latest version?

Yes sir i did.