SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Nuki Manager for Nuki Smart Lock with Automatic Discovery, Install and Real Time Updates

dth_locks
dth_security
smartapp_locks
project_locks
rboyapps
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #1

Introducing the Nuki Manager for SmartThings

This Nuki Manager was created in conjunction with Nuki to integrate Nuki products into SmartThings.

The Nuki Manager supports the following:

Check out our website for the latest features of the Nuki Manager

The Nuki Lock is a flexible lock that retro fits on exist door locks to provide remote locking/unlocking features

It sits on an existing door lock operated with a key. It supports US levers (lock/unlock) and European knob/bar (lock/unlock/unlatch) style installations. It supports 360 and 720 degree rotations.
It also has advanced features such as Lock n Go (US) and Lock n Go Unlatch (European).
It runs on 4 AA batteries and requires the Nuki bridge to integrate with SmartThings using WiFi.

Nuki Lock Screenshots:

Key features of this solution:

• Automatic discovery of bridges and locks
  • Automatic updates to bridge and lock IP/configuration
  • Automatic mode detection based on door configuration (Lever or Knob/Bar)
  • Real time updates from locks
  • Support for all supports Nuki lock commands
    • Lock
    • Unlock (default for Lever doors)
    • Unlatch (default for Knob/bar doors)
    • Lock n Go (enable Advanced Commands in device preferences page)
    • Lock n Go Unlatch (enable Advanced Commands in device preferences page)
  • Motor blocked detection
  • Uncalibrated lock detection
  • Low battery detection
  • Support for new ST app and SmartLocks
  • Supports unlimited bridges and locks
  • Automatic failed command retry
  • Custom commands to use with CoRE/WebCoRE
    • unsecure - automatically unlock or unlatch based on door configuration
    • unlatch
    • lockngo
    • lockngounlatch

After pairing your Nuki devices with your Nuki bridge (using the Nuki mobile app), refer to the step by step instructions for integrating Nuki with SmartThings

Nuki Manager Screenhots:

We would like to thank the ST staff and the Nuki staff for their support in enabling this integration

NOTES

• Setup/pair the Nuki devices with the Nuki Bridge (required) using the Nuki mobile app before installing the Nuki Manager in SmartThings
  • Make sure that the Nuki bridge is on the same WiFi/network as your SmartThings hub
  • Don’t forget to push the button on the Nuki bridge when prompted/LED lights up to finish discovering any new Nuki devices paired with the bridge

TIP: Real Time Updates with SmartLocks
While this device handler is compatible with SmartLocks, if you would like to see real time updates to the dashboard in Smart Locks (locking, unlock etc), change the name of the device handler in metadata section around line 36 from

name: “Nuki Lock”

to

name: “Z-Wave Lock”

Save and Publish -> viola, real time updates in SmartLocks

This SmartApp and device type handler is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below for the latest features and to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

© RBoy Apps

1 Like

KeyWe Smart Lock
Smartlock compatible with UK Oval Lock
Smart lock for office glass doors?
ST lock that fits in a multipoint locking door
Nuki Smartlock
Smart lock for thick doors (7cm)
Yale conexis l1 zwave integration
Synchronized Smart Door knob and Deadbolt?
Bluetooth, smartthings and locks
Uk Cylinder Lock - smartthings compatibility? (UK 2019)
(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #2

< reserved for updates … >

0 Likes

(Daniel Consuegra) #3

Nice!

Just a couple of things:

• What if I have an android device serving as the bridge? Will it still work? My intuition says yes but…
  • Any approximation on when the Keypad feature might be implemented?
  • I’m guessing this can be used in a routine, as in, whenever X code is input, notify that a certain person has arrived, open the lock… right?
1 Like

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #4

All our development was focused around the Bridge since that’s Nuki’s recommended option.
EDIT: The software bridge is only used for testing and doesn’t support discovery.

Still working with Nuki on the keypad. They’re looking into a few recommendations that would allow the keypad to work seamlessly with ST.

2 Likes

(Yves Delvaux) #5

I tried to use the Software bridge even with HTTP API open, and this deos not work. The smartapps did not find any bridge. Both are on the same network. (192.168.0.x for me at home)

0 Likes

(Frank Reymenants) #6

I look forward to getting both working. I use the android bridge for a remote office in my garden. I have keypads on every lock (3) so if you need testers let me know :slight_smile: I’d love to get who opened the locks with what code in ST.

0 Likes