[RELEASE] Nuki Manager for Nuki Smart Lock(Approved)

Great! Thanks for the update! Just hope it’s a software issue and not a hardware one! lol! Wouldn’t want to have to upgrade my newly bought system!

Dumb question: if I have people (family, friends, cleaning company) use the Nuki App to get to my home… and I have the lock integrated with the DH and smartapp… will the system be smart enough to disable the SHM BEFORE the door is opened?

Classic timing question. If your setup an automation rule to disarm SHM when the door is unlocked it needs about 2-5 seconds to complete the transaction. So the question is how far away is the person from the door when the nuki app unlocks it. You could also use the persons mobile phone as a ST presence sensor and unlock the door (and disarm) when it comes within about 50ft of the door which gives you more time.

1 Like

Unless you live in an apartment building with a community swimming pool and some restaurants right underneath and you want to go for a swim or dinner… the door would be unlocked… that’s been my main problem ever since day 1… I can’t figure out how to get over that hurdle… without installing a gazillion apps… which I don’t want to do for every person I need to allow to my home…

Which brings me to the original question about the keypad… lol! Not that I’m pushing anyone… hell no… just… well… you know… just want to get that part right…

Question!

Is this handler/app able to separate lock/unlock actions by user? I mean… If I were to somehow link the Nuki user to a ST user… Would the lock/unlock states be usable as presence devices, with say the backup of a cell phone as a means to be sure someone has gone?

Knowing who entered is easy… Pin codes are different for all… Not so leaving… I mean… Maybe I’m at home, then wife comes along and I leave… And even if I were to input the code that I’m leaving… I don’t want the alarm to be set… Am I just going nuts?

Hey, any Update? Would really love to finally get rid of my physical key and simply get in/out with Nuki and Smartthings.

Are the custom actions still unavailable in the new app or has this been updated now?

Thanks

Hi there, the new ST app doesn’t allow for custom buttons as yet, it is likely to be available later this year. The lock configuration however is available via the new app in the Settings page.

Thank you for the answer and your support getting set up.

It is working well.

1 Like

One quick question.

When I unlock the door manually, the status does not update to “Unlocked” in SmartThings. Is this a limitation of the integration or is something not working quite right on my end?

Thanks.

That could mean the status update (push event) from lock or the bridge isn’t reaching the hub/st server. Check that no ports or websites are being blocked in your network.

I checked here and it’s working fine, I’m able to see real time updates as I manually lock and unlock the lock.

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Just to check, you mention above in the original post about changing the name to “Z-Wave Lock” could this have any impact on the updates?

Cheers

That has no impact on the ST mobile app device pages. That’s only if you’re using the ST Smart Locks app, which has it’s own lock status page within that app. Sometimes if the connectivity is running slow it can take a few seconds for the lock status updates to reflect. If you’re seeing intermittent updates it may help to reboot the wifi router, hub and bridge.

Having tried and failed to figure out what the issue was, I deleted everything and started again and now it’s working as intended.

Thanks for your help.

Just installed the Nuki Manager. Overall I am very happy with it and I am looking forward to the implementation of its full support through the new ST App when as stated above the new ST App is expected to allow custom buttons.

As a side-note, I had some installation problems of the Nuki Manager related with the default configuration of the NUKI Bridge, and I have to point out that the support received by RBoy has been prompt and excellent! :smile:

Everything was working well until recently. Now the bridge and the lock does not show up on the smart app. After scanning for the bridge it does not show up withe IP address of the bridge as it used. It then asks me to press the button on the bridge to commence the lock discovery process and I try that and nothing happens.

I have the latest version of the app and the dth installed.

Can someone please help?

Managed to fix it after deleting everything and re-installing. Renaming to Zwave Lock is what what seemed to have caused the issue in my case.

The setup worked but my backdoor lock (Nuki 1.0) unlocks after a few seconds after locking and then locks again and keeps doing this. The front door (Nuki 2.0) also does it, but not constantly.

They are both connected to the same bridge

It works for a while and then stops working. When it stops working the Nuki Managper smart app reports hidden bridge found “enable api quick discovery and http api on your nuki bridge using your Nuki app” but this already enabled. I am not sure why the API discovery fails and the bridge goes into hidden mode after having connected once.

Can someone please help?

It looks like your bridge is resetting itself. The Nuki manager is able to detect if your bridge settings aren’t correctly configured and then it informs you. BTW, you don’t need to enable http API as it’s not used, you only need to enable quick discovery.
As to why the bridge keeps resetting itself, I haven’t seen that happen. You may want to check if you have another software using the HTTP API which may be resetting it. You want to factory reset it or check for a firmware update using native Nuki app.

1 Like