[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I’m trying to uninstall the app, because it is interferring with google home integration (and I don’t really use most of the functions these days anymore), but I continuously get an unexpected error when trying to remove the app. I performed the cleanup steps, and still get the error. Have tried about 15-20 times, same result.

Please help!

There are things that ST has done that makes uninstalling some apps very difficult as of late and if you start trying to uninstall things in the incorrect order, you will pigeon hole yourself and get stuck in a corner. I have posted a few times about the order of removing things, but if you do these out of order, it makes removing more difficult.

If you want to reset your password to something temporarily and want to allow me to login to get this off your system, I will do that for you. I have to run out for about an hour, but if you want, we can do this via pm when I get back. In order to reset your password, you have to logout of ide and then when you log back in, press the forgot password and reset it to something else. They don’t have a nice modify password feature. I have been helping @tonesto7 with stuff and have helped quite a few customers out of their predicaments.

1 Like

If you have time today, we can tackle yours as well. See the password reset in the post above.

@tonesto7 @WB70 Any thoughts on what these IDE errors mean?
Does NST work with virtual sensor? It looks like including one in my automation was the trigger of my issues…

Hey Lolo,

Unfortunately, if this is some internal bug, I can’t do anything with it, and you will have to wait for Anthony to take a look at the logs.

Is the rest of everything working. You don’t have any failures when navigating anywhere else while in NST Manager? Just when you open the Thermostat Automation? Or when you go further and edit a Schedule within the Thermostat Automation?

It’s possible that we can delete the Thermostat Automation, but if its already screwed up, we might run into difficulties. Do a screenshot walk through for me from when you select NST Manager from SmartApps and capture each screenshot all the way up through to the screen receiving the error or when it goes out to lunch. Then I can be of more help to you.

Thanks for the help. I’ll take screenshots and post shortly.

Thanks @WB70 ! Everything is working great now. Appreciate all of your assistance!

1 Like

Here we go. Below are the requested screenshots, sorry for the delay.
Circled in blue is where I clicked to go to the next screen. Circled in red is where the issues are (nothing happen and the error posted above in IDE are triggered).
Thanks again.

imageimage

Sorry, screnshots are not in the right order. It should be
#2, then #1, then #3

Sorry i’ve been Mia. The wife had me on lock down this weekend.

So I’m clear this occurred when you add a virtual temp sensor to the remote sensor automation?

The device is likely missing a value. Can you please send me a screen of that devices data under the IDE here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/device/list

It will look like this:

1 Like

She gives you the keys back on Monday? :grin:

Now that you mention this, I think @mckenph experienced something similar. Maybe it was for something else, but I know he did this for some of his virtual devices:

Oh crap. i’m the one that told him that and i didn’t even think about it

1 Like

@jwmcclung @dgauthie

Just wanted to follow up and see if you both got NST Manager successfully running after creating your Nest Developer Accounts / Product and updating NST Manager with the clientID and clientSecret.

Yep you were and everything is working great. I finally got all my temp/Hum sensors paired to my system. I am using Xiaomi Temp/Hum sensors and they finally paired for more then three days and I have one of these in just about every room and use it with my virtual Temp sensor. Using my Keen vents and my Three nest with this APP…my house has never been so comfortable.

1 Like

It was very painful but I did finally get it working! What if I add a
thermostat. I have not downloaded the device manager and will it work?

1 Like

Glad you got it working.

My recommendation when adding the Device Handlers in IDE is to add all of them, even if you don’t own one of those devices yet. (Thermostat, Protect, Camera, Presence, Weather). Add all 5 of them. That way when you purchase a device, you already have things in place with NST Manager.

So even if you don’t have a Thermostat yet, go create the Thermostat Device Handler and Publish it in IDE. Then it’s ready for you after you add that to your Nest environment.

And at the same time, when you created your Nest Developer account, you should have setup ALL 5 permissions as defined in the documentation. If you didn’t add the permission for Thermostat just because you don’t have one, you will have no control of your Thermostat from NST Manager (when you do add one to Nest) so hopefully you added all 5 Permissions.

Here you go:

Please note that I since added a label (based on your subsequent post) but that did not fix the issue.

Based on the photos you sent earlier it looks like the automation config failed to complete. Can you deleted the item named Nest Automation and try creating it again

Yep, it is working now. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Is there any way to save the automation/schedule? Funny thing is that the automation still work, and the temperature still change based on the various schedule.
Does NST work with virtual sensor?