[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Is there any way to perform a repair without losing the existing automations?

What shard are you on when logged into IDE?

FIXED! Removed and ReAdded Git Integration in IDE

1 Like

I just pushed out a fix to the automations app for this

1 Like

Just installed the update, unfortunately it did not fix the problem…

So, I’ve been using a SmartThings Link for NVIDIA Shield as my hub, and after a response from support regarding (the lack of) OTA Zigbee firmware upgrade support and the different hub firmware development cycle it’s on, I’ve decided to stop using it and get a full ST v2 hub instead.

This means I’m doing a “migration” from my ST Link hub to a v2 hub, and that of course means I need to “dismantle” everything set up on my ST Link Hub first.

Are there any important considerations when disabling / removing a NST Manager install (keeping in mind that I’m then going to do a new fresh install on another hub)?

I updated the automation in IDE (from GitHub). Is there anything else that need to be done since the automation app is a subset of the NST app?

Bump, pls? @tonesto7 @WB70

I wish i could be more helpful. Does it throw any errors when in the logs when it occurs?

you can’t remove any app that created child devices that are used in any routines, scenes, or other smartapps.
if you are positive that’s not the case then on the uninstall page there is an input to help remove the app

I’m only positive that I installed NST Manager and Automations and it was working with 2 therms. Once debug logging (and child logging) was enabled, NST Manager won’t launch and I can’t uninstall Automations.

The Nest therms, themselves, can be opened and I can see lots of good data on them (then again, the data looks stale).

I was able to remove all Nest “things” (presence, humidity, and downstairs therm), but got an error removing the upstairs therm.

Well, decided to go scorched Earth (sorry). Deleted all device handlers and then deleted all apps, except the final NST Manager app, which give me this error: “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp.”

Good Lord this is hard to work with. Thoughts for ripping out this last piece? I give up.

That’s where I’m getting “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp.” (in pink banner at top). Yes, all subs have been deleted.

Well, thank you for trying! Amazing how just enabling debug mode has wrecked so much havoc!

I appologize!
I don’t get why this is happening… I’m going to try and duplicate the issue

@mBrane

Of all days to pick a fight with a SmartApp :grin:

I am working with someone else on a different issue, but I have a couple of hours before I go out for the night.

If you want to reset your password in IDE to a temp password (you have to go through forgot password / reset password process - there is no modify password), I can jump on as you and get the rest of the remnants removed. If you want to do this, shoot me a pm.

I will have a little time in the morning as well.

@tonesto7 Yes I was able to capture the following errors when attempting to open the automation or view the schedule:

OK, willing to. Of course, the IDE is completely non-intuitive. I pull down my name to edit my account, but can only change full name and namespace. … Who wrote this interface, a computer?