[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Sorry for being such a noob…

@WB70

Lol no worries.

Can you do me a favor and logout of your ide.

Then goto https://account.smartthings.com and login again.

Are you still redirected to “graph.api.smartthings.com”? (Like the url shown at the top of your screenshot) I just want to make sure you are on the right shard before we proceed forward.

Nope - it’s now graph-na04-useast2.api.smarthings.com

That’s the issue and that’s why the 5.23 version isn’t reflective.

Ok so now do me a favor and display your SmartApps again and give me a new screenshot.

@WB70

Does the Main screen still contain your repositories? Or do you have the Enable GitHub integration button again? Just want to make sure you aren’t messed up.

Or in short, is the Update from Repo link still there? Don’t press it. Just want to make sure you still see it.

Update button still there

Ok good. Now click on the magnifying glass of NST Manager. Do you have the buttons now on top that you can press that were in my instructions?

@WB70 - No, they are not there, still just the published and the draft at the top - no buttons

It’s difficult to try and text. Do you want to reset your password to a temp password and then let me login to your IDE so I can get this fixed up for you? You can send me a pm and take it offline.

just sent it to you

Thanks @WB70 for fixing my issue!

1 Like

My pleasure. Glad you are up and running.

I am going to post a whole troubleshooting post a little later based on your scenario and others.

1 Like

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:

This is for those of you who update your SmartApps / Device Handlers in IDE and end up with a magnifying glass in the first column and/or in the Status column:

NOTE: This is only for people who have added the Repository for NST Manager and perform their updates via “Update from Repo”

Steps for everyone:

1. Note the shard that you are on (ie: https://grpah.api.smartthings.com or something like https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/)

2. Logout of IDE

3. Goto https://account.smartthings.com and login from there

• Recently people have been redirected to the incorrect shard and that’s the one they continue logging into and making updates to, but when logging into the SmartThings mobile app, it is directing you to the correct shard, but you aren’t seeing the changes reflective of the ones you made. It’s possible that is what created this problem for you

NST Manager SmartApps / Device Handlers are Blue in color and have a Magnifying glass in column 1 and the Status column, perform the following:

SmartApps:

• Click the magnifying glass in column 1
  • You should see two buttons at the top (as shown below)

• If you don’t see the two buttons at the top. Stop! Close window and perform steps “NST Manager SmartApps / Device Handlers are Black”
  • Click Overwrite Local Version (Upper Left) - (Wait 5 seconds to allow repo version to overwrite the local version)
  • Click Save - Upper Right (On Local Version)
  • Press the X or Close button
  • Click Edit Properties next to magnifying glass in column 1
  • Click Code (Upper Right) (Make sure code loads in box first)
  • Save (Wait 3 or 4 seconds until spinning circle disappears)
  • Publish / For Me (Wait for confirmation that SmartApp was Published)
  • Select SmartApps again. The Published SmartApp should now be black and no longer showing magnifying glass.

Note: Repeat above process for all SmartApps that have the magnifying glass

Device Handlers:

• Click the magnifying glass in column 1
  • You should see two buttons at the top (as shown below)

• If you don’t see the two buttons at the top. Stop! Close window and perform steps “NST Manager SmartApps / Device Handlers are Black”
  • Click Overwrite Local Version (Upper Left) - (Wait 5 seconds to allow Repo version to overwrite the local version)
  • Click Save - Upper Right (On Local Version)
  • Press the X or Close button
  • Click Edit Properties next to magnifying glass in column 1
  • Click Edit (Upper Right) (Make sure code loads in box first)
  • Select My Device Handlers again. The Published Device Handler should now be black and no longer showing magnifying glass.

Note: Repeat above process for all Device Handlers that have the magnifying glass

============================================================================

NST Manager SmartApps / Device Handlers are Black in color and have a Magnifying glass in the Status column, perform the following:

SmartApps:

• Click the Edit Properties button in column 1
  • Click Update (At bottom)
  • Code (Upper Right) (Make sure code loads in box first)
  • Select SmartApps again. The Published SmartApp should now be black and no longer showing magnifying glass in Status column.

Note: Repeat above process for all SmartApps that have the magnifying glass in the Status column

Device Handlers:

• Click Edit Properties button in column 1
  • Click Update (At bottom)
  • Click Edit (Upper Right) (Make sure code loads in box first)
  • Select My Device Handlers again. The Published Device Handler should now be black and no longer showing magnifying glass.

Note: Repeat above process for all Device Handlers that have the magnifying glass in the Status column

@tonesto7 - Something to add to documentation somewhere

Post 1727 for searching (NST Manager Magnifying Glass)

1 Like

HELP, I have broken the NST manager app!
I’m no longer able to see my automation schedules (View automation schedule) or edit the automation config (thermostat automation config). When I click on either option, I get the waiting wheel for few seconds than nothing happen.
Here is how I got there: I was trying to update my automation and replace two remote temperature sensors in one of the schedule with a virtual temperature sensor. The ST virtual temperature sensor is getting updated in a webcore piston. After selecting the virtual sensors, I received an error on the page and was not able to reopen it.
NST seems to be operating properly and still switch between my 8 schedules.
What can I do to fix that? Thanks!

Update on this. I got it working now. What I did different today was to also remove the code completely from my smartapps and device handlers in the IDE. I used the same Nest dev product I created yesterday

:Bump:
Could anyone please guide me on my request too?

When trying to add Git integration I get “You don’t have access to tonesto7/nest-manager” What am I doing wrong???

Are you in the UK?

No I’m in US