[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Ok. Turn on IDE logging and then take em out of ECO Mode.

Donthey go back into ECO Mode immediately?

No I think what is happening is that they go into ECO mode when people leave but dont come back.

I was trying to figure out how in Webcore that I can change them back bit there is no eco mode that I can find in N est in webcore

I wouldn’t use NST Manager to set it to ECO Mode.

Why not leave that disabled in NST Manager and enable ECO Mode on the Nest side? That way it’s controlled by Nest when Home it takes the TStat out of ECO Mode and when it goes Away it goes into ECO Mode.

Plus I’m looking at your screenshot and it shows all these “null” ones so I’m not sure if that is jacking it up.

yea you are probably right but I was was just trying to use the function of the tool. I will go back to the next and wait for the man to chime in.

For me, simplicity is best. I utilize the NST Manager side to set my Nest to Away and Home, but I let Nest do the rest on it’s side based on Home and Away. Too many potential things to go wrong when its too complex. That’s just me.

There are like 3 different settings for ECO in Nest. One in the Mode Automation and then 2 in the Thermostat Automation (contact sensors and external temp)

Not sure what combination of everything you had set before everything got wiped out

That null thing though for the Presence sensors doesn’t look right though.

Figured it out. In a simulated device it does not put in a label. You have to put that in yourself

Update…Life 360 does not put in a label either

1 Like

Thanks man.
I think i managed to suss it out. It’s a really simply routine i wanted with nest as I dont need ( right now ) all the other amazing features nest manager offers.

Ive switched off the schedules within nest. Switched off eco, switched off the home/away assist feature. Now within ST during my goodbye routine i have it set to 17, really low, then my hello home routine have it switch to 22. Hoping i can figure out a way in the future to have it set to 22 when im a good 1-2 mile out from home, rather than literally round the corner. :slight_smile:

I noticed you said it was best to create an automation within nest manager and not use it within a routine. Do you think i should change this?

I recommend you leave it is as is for now and continue familiarizing yourself with everything you have setup and make sure that everything runs reliably and is solid

My recommendation for this is WebCoRE. I think it is still in beta and only available on IOS right now, but they have created their own Geofence / Presence sensing within webCoRE. From what I have read, you can add multiple locations besides your Home. So if I understand this, you will be able setup several locations let’s say 4 or 5 miles away from your home in a 360 degree pattern so whatever direction you are coming from, if you were to arrive at any of those locations, you could then have your thermostat kick in way before you arrive at home, and then when you arrive at home, you disarm as normal and your house is already warm.

You can go read about it:

Let’s not utilize this thread for anymore than NST Manager stuff though. Off topic. If you have any questions, you can post them in the webCoRE community :grinning:

1 Like

@tonesto7

Speaking of presence. I’m not sure if it’s even possible but in reading about the API in the Nest developers guide, could you take advantage of the ETA functionality where a schedule could be created and when a person is let’s say 10 minutes from home, setpoints could be sent to Nest to begin heating or cooling the home based on this ETA?

This was a specific snippet that stuck out so that’s why I would throw out the question:

ETA (estimated time of arrival) can also be used as a signal to prepare the home for the user’s arrival.

I’m not saying you would have the time to do this, but is this something that could work within NST Manager? Or is that not possible?

I know this is way off topic but with all the presence question… I guess me an my family are the only ones that have been successful with using Life360. Ever since we started using it, 2 years or so, it has worked great as a presence feature and no it really does not drain my battery at all. We all have android phones

I have never had an issue with Presence either on any of my 3 different Androids. A couple of minor temp issues during app updates, but nothing like what has been reported by the masses since 2013. I use it solely for arming and disarming my system, but I have a feeling that this webCoRE thing is going to take over. Multiple Geofence locations. Thats some sweet sh…

It’s also available for android :slight_smile: but because apple only allows 20 geo fences you can have 10 locations. Android can have 100 :joy: Apple ruining it for everyone else :+1::grin:

1 Like

I, too, enabled debug logging this AM and NST Manager will no longer open. I followed the settingUpdate(“resetAllData”, “true”) step, saved, published, still cannot open app.

If this is still scorched Earth, can I ask where the procedure is, pls, to properly remove/re-install app?

If this can be fixed without delete, would love to know that procedure. Thank you!

Well you need to speak to @tonesto7 or @WB70 may be able to help out. Mine was REALLY screwed up and not sure how I got it that way. He had to do some drastic measure to get this fixed. Here are a few questions for you though. Do you have any simulated temp sensors? How many Nest do you have and is it just the automation that will not open or is it the application.

Honestly, I think it’s a bug, because this was working like a champ (fresh install yesterday). Only got this when I enabled debug logging (and child logging) this AM.

More info: I just tried to uninstall the automation that I made and received this error: “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp.”

I have 2 Nest units. The NST Manager clocks just like yours did.

I can certainly look into it. (Work is kicking my butt lately)

Just give me some time to dig into this before you remove stuff. I’m going to install on my other location and try to duplicate the issue

Anthony, I hear ya on the work side! LOL. Would love to help in any way. Will sit tight. Just glad that this is on your RADAR. No pressure. Thx, again!

To be honest I think that may have been the culprit that effected mine Thinking back I was having some issue and I wanted to provide a log and I think that I actually turned that on and that is one of my nest automation instance crashed. It may be something to look into