[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Fresh cup of coffee in hand - I’ll follow instructions. Be back in 20 minutes of so …

1 Like

:grin:

After you get the fields updated in NST Manager in IDE, I’m going to have you check one other thing before reinstalling

Stupid question already … the nest Developers site is asking for a Company name and URL for the account creation. Don’t know what to put for that

Just put in some acronym that represents your company. Your initials works

What about URL - I don’t have a URL

I put my facebook page in the URL and it took that!

Think it could be xyz.com and it’s ok.

I’ve put in the Product ID and Product Secret in the clientID and clientSecret fields in IDE and UPDATED

You did that twice as fast as most. Better not have any errors :slight_smile:

Alright, so the thing I was going to have you check, we are going to do after we get you successfully authenticated with NST Manager.

Ok so goto the Marketplace and select NST Manager

Still NOT saying NST Manager … says Nest Manager. I haven’t selected anything yet …

Image-1-5

Yep that’s correct.

Finally moved on to the next screen!

It should show 5.23 on the first page

Shows 5.2.3
Updated 11-20-2017

1 Like

Perfect. After you successfully connect to nest, stop there. Don’t add your devices yet.

Copy that - holding

Did you successfully login and connect, no errors? Did you select your location already

Correct - logged into Nest Account through smartAPP - holding

Hit the ACCEPT tile - holding here …

Image-1-6

Ok now go over to your Nest Mobile app and look at the top “Messages”. If you have one, select it and scroll down and click Allow. If you don’t, just ignore.

Then goto Works with Nest and scroll to bottom for the SmartThings and select it. That’s the product you created.

Hey buddy. I’m out just now but I’ll check when I getting back home.
I’m out just now and noticed my heating has just switched on. I’ve clearly set something up wrong.

Not sure why it’s switching on as the only thing I have set ( I think ) is it to switch to 17 when I’m out and switch to 22 when I arrive.