[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Sweet.

Now force close the ST app

ST iPhone app - forced close - check

Then select Nest Manager from Automation / SmartApps again. See if it still spins or let’s you in. Don’t press the okay button. Select right on the Nest Manager text.

From Automations/SmartApps - pressed PLAY button - button spins, then does nothing. Did not move onto a new / different screen.

Ok. Goto Marketplace and select NST Manager again

Circle spins, locks up ST app

Ok force close it again.

Forced close

I think the easiest route is to remove the devices since you don’t have a lot and only a few routines to replace. I will walk you through it.

There’s also something new you are going to have to do. The tokens used to be autogenerated via the nest app. That no longer works so we are all required to create our own product in nest developer and we use the product id and secret from there and out it into the Settings in IDE.

Let’s get it removed first and hen I will give u the documentation to perform that step after.

I’m fine with that

So go into IDE and reselect locations / SmartApps

I want to make sure that all that is there is the Nest Manager and it didn’t try and reload the Automations after you pressed play.

27 AM

Good deal.

In IDE goto Devices, select the Nest Presence, scroll to bottom and Delete

NEST PRESENCE - deleted

Same thing for TStat

NEST THERMOSTAT - deleted

Now goto Locations / SmartApps / Edit

Uninstall Nest Manager

NEST MANAGER - uninstalled

That wasn’t too painful I hope. :slight_smile:

Ok so now I’m going to get you the doc I rewrote for you to generate your own product for Nest. It will take you about 20 minutes or so and then when you are done with creating it, you will take the two fields and insert them into Settings in the NST Manager SmartApp in IDE. Gimme a minute

Some notes: they are documented as well:

• Make sure all 5 permissions are correct (read read/write)
  • Make sure when you copy paste the oauth/callback url, you don’t have leading or trailing spaces
  • Make sure that when you copy paste clientID and clientSecret you don’t have leading or trailing spaces

Biggest culprits for a failure