[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Are you using the self generated token for a long time? There is a new process if you haven’t messed with the tokens for a long time. NST Manager no longer auto generates one.

Yea I am using the new process. I guess I need to figure out how to do that. I will look through this to see if I can find it.

If your device is reporting correctly and is current, don’t worry about that for now. However in the future you will need to create your own. There is documentation on how to do that. You will see the updated documentation in a post from me yesterday.

Oh ok. You can do it one of two ways

if you have that info can you point me in the right direction

The easiest is exit out of NST Manager. Go over to your Nest App. Click on the gear icon. Click on Works with Nest. Remove the connection for your NST Manager.

Then go back to NST Manager and it will have you log back into Nest

The other way:

In NST Manager, Goto Application Preferences, Nest Login Preferences and then go from there. I prefer knowing I removed the connection direct from Nest though.

Either way works

Got it thanks. Now let me see if it fixes anything. Thanks for your help

And sometimes you will receive a message in Nest that a client had been updated. You open that Message in Nest and scroll down and click allow. You have probably seen that before:

You bet. Hope it kicks your schedule on.

Bad news…nope still looking at me like…WHAT???

If you look at my first picture it shows Null for the name of the remote sensor and I am wondering if that is part of the problem. It is a simulated sensor that I created that could be one of two sensors depending on who is home so maybe Nest Manager has a problem with simulated sensors

Update: That is what it was. I changed the remote sensor and it came on. So I guess we need to figure out why it is null in the program. It could be that it is simulated or the name has a “/” in it. That could also be the problem

1 Like

Well it turns out it is not the “/” since I have one in another Nest Remote sensor that is a true sensor. So it has to be the simulated sensor and that those do not work in the Nest Manager.

Does anybody has any feedback ? (Sorry for the bump)

Well still having issues with my schedule on one of the three Tstats. One of the remote says 62. The Tstat says it is 66 and it is supposed to warm to 65 with a 2 degree threshold. The other two are working fine. I reset the Token and same thing

what actually changes the presence device to away or home. I change mine and within a minute it changes back. I check to see if there is anything changing it but the only thing there is is one to change it back to home.

That’s an issue. Open NST Manager. Under Devices/Location. Do you see “null” underneath your Location Name for Home/Away?

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago. One of the reasons I did the whole walk thru on how to remove NST Manager the right way.

@tonesto7 is there a way that the Location can be reselected post install in the event that either the Location or the Home/Away gets stuck with a 'null" value. I’m not sure what causes this condition, but when I experienced it, I tried about 40 different things to try and get the value to read that into NST Manager again (removing Presence device adding again, Updating App), The only way I have been able to get it to register was to remove all devices and uninstall and add from the Market Place again. Something is allowing that condition to happen and it might be from adding NST Manager from Market Place a second time after it was already installed (that’s one scenario I was testing along side some of the users having issues and troubleshooting what they did. That’s probably the biggest scenario I think this might be happening because of).

If the Location was editable or re-selectable after the initial install (if that can even be done) that would resolve any null issues.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Its showing up on my wife’s android phone but not on my iphone.

I have responded to so many posts in the last few days, so I’m not sure if you are talking about NST Manager not showing up in the Market Place from the conversation the other day. If this is what you are referring to, I have a sneaking suspicion that this has to do with your account and the shard that you are currently pointed to.

If I have this correct:

• Your wife is using an Android Device and when you login to her account on that phone, the NST Manager Application can be seen / added from the Market Place. Is that correct?

• Your phone which is IOS, when you login on your phone with your account, you cannot see the NST Manager Smart App in the Market Place. Is that correct?

If I have assumed correctly, another user @jmpierce experienced this same thing with his phone. He had a previous version of NST Manager on his phone. He updated his code in IDE, but when he would goto update the NST Manager on his phone, it would continuously refer to the 5.20 version. We did all sorts of troubleshooting and it didn’t matter what he deleted or modified. Anyway, he went to support and explained the situation as when or how is unknown, but recently the pointer to the correct shard that he belonged on changed, so from the ST Mobile it was looking somewhere else from what he had previously created for code on the website.

Jims post in reply to me the other day:

Your wife being able to see it from her account in the Mobile app is what I would explain to Support. Her account must be pointed at the right shard, and your account, for whatever reason is not. Have them look at that and hopefully they can fix you up.

It’s time for me to go enjoy some football and Thanksgiving feast!

Have a great day all!

2 Likes

Hey thank you for your reply. You are correct i was referring to nast manager not showing up in my account on ios but shows up in my wife’s android. I will contact support. Happy thanks giving bud . You are awesome.

Yep that is it. The null value is there. I thought I saw a way to remove everything a few days ago but it will be such a pain in the a&& to do so since I have so many things dependent on all the different devices in Nest Manager