[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I’m happy to help. Just do me a favor and if you see someone out here struggling with the same thing, tell them to follow the instructions to a T, including copying and pasting, hehe. I rewrote those instructions for Anthony in the hopes of cutting down on user issues :slight_smile: Needs a little tweaking with a BIG BOLD disclaimer

1 Like

I am happy to. I still don’t know how that happened…

Ugh. That’s a difference between the android and iOS client :slight_smile:

I will update the verbiage

1 Like

It didn’t happen from a cut/paste :rofl:

Glad you got it going.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: there might be a cpl other places where I saw that as well. I just caught that one while troubleshooting.

I am going to update that PDF tonight with troubleshooting at bottom. If you encounter this error then… Or if you encounter this error then… then that should alleviate a lot more self induced problems in the future. Want to make it as self intuitive as possible so people don’t have to struggle and get frustrated.

1 Like

For those still experiencing any issues with trying to authenticate successfully between Nest and NST Manager, the documentation has been updated with a Troubleshooting Errors section that covers the 2 errors that most people receive and the steps to take in correcting the configuration before proceeding:

I just noticed in my SmartApps list in IDE that NST Manager is listed in red:

The SmartThings Developer Documentation on GitHub Integration explains red means there’s conflict between the IDE and repository versions, and when I took a peek at the NST Manager code in @tonesto7 's GitHub repository, I see the app version date was updated to yesterday (Nov 20) but the version number remains at 5.2.3.

Easy enough to update in IDE by clicking on the Update from Repo button, but since I have App & Device updates notification turned on and didn’t see any notification, I have to assume update notifications are based on a version number change rather than date change. Is that right?

I believe that the changes made yesterday were specific to my post about the text within NST Manager saying Press Done versus press Save. Android users see Save versus Done when walking through the app.

That’s probably why it shows as a Conflict. Version the same, code slightly changed.

Yes it is based on the version number I didn’t feel the update warranted a push to everybody’s clients to notify them

Can someone tell me why my Neat is not coming on

Here is my nest

I’m not sure I understand. From the image you shared, the current temp is 67°, so the thermostat won’t come on until the current temp drops. It’s going to remain idle between 66 and 79.

i think that is part of the problem. The Temp sensor that controls the Nest, as seen on the first image, shows that it is 62 yet the nest shows that it is 67

Hmmmm. When you look at the thermostat in Things and Goto the Recently tab, is the last Connection time recent? Just looking to see that it is reporting to Nest.

Ues it is. As you can see it is showing the right temp. Just not telling the nest to come on

Turn on your logging in IDE to see if there are errors

OK I have it turned on and I assume that data will be in the IDE?

So I never set up a schedule from the NST Manager side, only in Nest. But to test, I went ahead and created a schedule and it wouldn’t kick on. I just did 2 things really quickly. I reset my token and I cleared the cache and Force stopped the ST app (I’m running Android) and the schedule immediately kicked in and my thermostat began heating. And I had my logs on and the thermo schedule showed that it started in the log.

Ya Everytime NST Manager logs an event it will show up and you should have a separate entry for the Schedule you created. If it’s not running that log will be blank.

Reset token…IS there somewhere that shows how to do that? Maybe the Wiki?