[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Ya you are good.

I think there is a much bigger problem going on.

One quick question. This is your first install of NST Manager?

oh no , lol. i had it installed for few months but this morning I decided to update the nest manager. and thats where things got messy. so I deleted everything from the st app on iOS and the IDE and device handler. Thank you for your help.

Ok.

The reason I think something bigger is transpiring is the same thing for another user who updated ide to 5.23 and yet when adding from market place it is only showing the 5.20 version. So to me it is stuck seeing the previous version of what was in IDE prior to yesterday. You deleting everything and starting over and it not showing in the market place at all leads me to suspect something else is at play.

The reason I had you check your locations (not knowing you had already installed this before) was that if you click on one of the locations and then goto smart apps it will be for location a or b if you had more than one, and the beta migration created a second location for me. Anyway…

@tonesto7 is his something that can be escalated to the appropriate channels. This user previously had installed NST Manager and removed everything and then reinstalled. Screenshots verify that everything is published / oauthed correctly, yet it doesn’t show up under My Apps in the Market Place. This has to go along the same lines as the previous version that keeps showing up for the user yesterday. Only similarity I see so far without troubleshooting more is that both of these guys are IOS. Everyone else who had that previous version problem were able to be resolved on the couple of different set of procedure I have had them do. Not sure if they were all Android or a flavor of both.

The guy from yesterday said it was happening with all his apps so it’s not a NST Manager specific issue, and I’m not sure if it’s just a subset of users. Thinking the latter or a ton of people would be screaming in other threads.

Can you escalate it somewhere?

my wife has an android phone I will try on it and report back in couple hours. Please bear with me guys I am at work. I am also attaching a screenshot of “list smart apps” Thank you for all the help.

Hi, just want to stay I love using this app. But only from my tablet. I have been able to use this fine since installing it on a Nexus 7 2013 Android 6.0.1. However I have a google pixel running android 8 and since day one all I get is a busy spinner that stutters animating when loading the thermostat. On the same device I can load status about the nest protects I have. On the tablet I can see the settings for the thermostat just fine. Is this a known issue or is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? I even can see the status for the thermostat in the list of devices or favorites, but not when I click on it to view it.

It’s been posted about 200k times in the last month, ok maybe 10x and that’s just by me. @tonesto7 has also implemented verbiage in the latest version that when you open up a device in Android that you will not be able to view the HTML content (spinning area) after you have opened the device once. (In order to see the HTML content again, you need to clear cache for ST App and Force Stop App). This is a known issue.

For the device that you said you cannot see the Thermostat information or Protect info at the top, swipe down on that device screen and it will go back up to the top so you can see the temperature and such.

Anthony - Maybe create a document from my explanations about this in the last month into the Official NST Manager Documentation called HTML / Android Issue or something (I know you added it to the app, but others are going to be running previous versions). Just somewhere so it doesn’t have to be repeated in the thread each and every time. We can just point everyone to that part of the document :).

1 Like

Thanks, this information helped me see my nest thermostat settings. Sorry for not looking through this thread to see if something had already been posted.

1 Like

Good deal. No worries. They don’t make searching all that great out here to begin with. That’s why I want to get this written up and canned somewhere so it doesn’t have to be typed or found way back up in the thread each time.

I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

Sadly… There are two kinds of people in this world. People who go to a thread and scan through it to see if their question can be answered by somebody else (such as myself, which is exactly what landed me here and gave me the answer I was looking for) and people who just go to a thread and complain and expect others to fix things for them.

As annoying as it is, not documentation is going to change that.

2 Likes

I always thought there was 10 kinds of people – those who understand binary and those who don’t.

(Sorry for being off-topic – couldn’t resist to lighten the mood…)

1 Like

Hi I have also been having a issue for a while now but been too busy to getting it working, I’m on android and know about the http issue but I don’t think that is it.
A wile ago I noticed that it hadn’t updated from nest since October the 10th, so I tried reconnecting and came across the secret issue. I have followed all the inductions and it looked like I got it working again but even when I close the app and get the devices to update (which they look like they do) the values seem to be out of date. It still also says that it hasn’t updated since the 10th of October and if I change the temperature on ST it doesn’t change it on nest.

I have been following this thread for a few weeks hoping someone else has had a similar issue, so I could try the fix when I had 5 mins but nothing worked sofar.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edit: actually just noticed it’s now changed to 12th of October which explains why the values changed a few days ago only a month out :joy:

yep although my devices don’t say the same version even though i updated them at the same time, currently process of deleting everything and going to try again. Devices are at 5.2.0

Edit: after a full wipe and reinstall it is now looking like its working

Edit: definitely working and better than ever! Now have webCoRE controlling then modes and NST manager successfully then changing NEST mode from home to away rather than using NEST’s crummy presence device :grin: wish I had the time weeks ago.

2 Likes

Great app, performed flawlessly in my setup. Any way to add more than 8 schedules (plus the default one)? Or to integrate with webCore to change temperature?
Thanks.

I have generated my own client ID and Secret through Nest Dev site. I have installed the app and after I enter my personal login info for my NEST at home, I get an “Oops! We’ve encountered an error. Please try again” when I try to accept the terms and conditions.

If you follow the document on the Wiki guiding you through setting up the Nest developer token you will find the cause of the issue

Anthony I have followed this:

Could the issue have anything to do with the

1. Default OAuth Redirect URL:  Copy / Paste the following URL: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/oauth/callback Note: Verify that you didn’t accidentally copy / paste the URL with any leading or trailing spaces. Your authentication will fail otherwise.

link appears to be broken?

Can a virtual thermostat created under NST manager be used with Alexa? My virtual thermostat appears as a device in Alexa and I can send vocal command to it but Alexa is telling me that “SmartThings isn’t responding “. Note that the virtual thermostat is fully accessible in SmartThings.

You can’t access this link directly. It’s not broken.

So along with looking to see if you have a space in front or back of the callback url in your Nest Developer account,

You also need to make sure that:

The Product ID and Product Secret that you pasted into the NST Manager SmartApp ClientID and ClientSecret has no spaces before or after as well.

WB70 Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, there are no spaces either before or after the callback url or the Product ID and Product Secret. Is there anything else I could check?

Remove the connection from the Nest Application and go back in and try to Authenticate from NST Manager again.

If you end up with the same error, send a screenshot of the Smart apps screen in IDE showing both NST Manager and NST Automations.