[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Silly question, but on iOS, how am I supposed to click on the various charts available on the second set of data in the device? Don’t know if that makes sense, sorry. There is a set of arrows 1/3 in the bottom right of the info screen, but for the life of me, when i try to click the itty bitty arrow, it just flips to the next screen.

You’re not crazy :slight_smile:

When i was building all of this i was using iOS so I had it working great. Then when i was finished i decided to test on Android.

Guess what?!?! Once again the crappily designed Android client handle inputs differently and reads any swipe action as a change tab so I said “F” android. You’re not going to do this too me again and make me waste all this effort.
So I added a tap to swipe so users on Android could still switch the tabs and enjoy the info.

@tonesto7

This is my contribution to you. Because there has been so many issues around the authentication piece, I thought I would take and create a brand new document based on your existing one and build it in a way that I think might cut down on individuals having issues with this whole process.

I created it in Word and PDF so it probably won’t exactly be compatible with where you are storing the current documentation. It’s pretty clean though. Unfortunately I am unable to upload it here as the community only allows for an image to be uploaded. I’m attaching each page as a jpeg for now (obviously the screenshots aren’t as clear as the actual document. If you want me to send it over to you in either .docx or .pdf, send me a pm with your email.

Page 1

6 Likes

Holy Shit…

You outdid yourself here… Thank you very much…

1 Like

:rofl:

I figure that it will save everybody a lot of frustration all the way around, you, me, and everyone else.

I will send in a few.

1 Like

I don’t see the motionPerson events actually being recorded in the IDE for my camera, which means my webCoRE piston isn’t triggering. What might I be missing?

1. Are you signed up for a Nest Aware Subscription for the Camera in question? (Only way Person Events are recorded)

2. Are you running the Rest Service for NST Manager? That’s the only way that you will be able to capture the Person event using webCoRe because of latency and timing from the normal NST Manager.

I came up with a totally different way to accomplish this which is almost instantaneous as well and be able to use webCoRe to play an audio message immediately on my Bose speakers when a Person is detected on any of my 3 Cameras that I am subscribed to Nest Aware (2 cams I don’t subscribe).

Unfortunately the Motion stuff is weird. Nest doesn’t send us the event until it’s over. Which is the main reason I built the NST Manager Real-Time Events service.

I want to say thanks again to @WB70 for turning my apparently confusing document into something human understandable :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the Wiki with the new document

2 Likes

Cool! What do I need to donate?

It’s the least I could do for the endless hours you have put into integrating Nest with SmartThings and for free to boot. Without NST Manager, I suspect many of the Nest customers would have gone elsewhere and ST just a memory. It’s just my little piece in trying to pay it forward.

1 Like

Okay, checking in now with a newly installed Goodman GMVC 2-stage variable speed furnace!

Starting off by setting a remote sensor automation under heat, target temp 73. Using about 15 temp sensors throughout the house. So far it’s doing what it’s supposed to - I see it jumped directly to stage 2 and set the temp to 78, presumably to get the avg up to 73 asap. COOL!

My first question is, what happens to this automation when someone changes the physical Nest?

Second question is, how is everyone using their remote sensors? I’m wondering if using ALL my temperature sensors is a bit overkill?

I have a question about NST Manager. I just got a regular Nest yesterday, went through the process of installing the device as well as the nest.com address. Went through all of the steps to get nest manager working and it works as expected. When I attempt to go back to nest.com, my online account never loads (website loads, access to nest no longer loads).

Contacted nest tech support to see if it was their issue. They are unable to help as we use a developer app (even senior tech).

Does everyone else sacrifice nest.com access for the sake of using nest manager w/ smartthings?

There is no way for a works with nest integration to screw up your nest account.

Thank you. Embarrassed to say this but it seems to be a cookie/browser issue! This is by far the most thorough and developed app for a thermostat I have used. GREAT WORK!

3 Likes

If that were possible, Nest would have come knocking at @tonesto7 door a long time ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have checked this too. They are all set to off but even with info from IFTTT appear to be ignoring this information.

Does anyone else have there own family account? That may allow for custom settings per user?

First I want to thank the devs on this one!! Need a donation link please.
Started my smart home about a year ago and finally my ceiling fans will turn on with heat and cool thank you very much! Now just a couple issues with the fan, since I just installed NST v5 no upgrade first install. I’ve noticed my fan will turn off during the heating phase and turn back on, it might do this 2 or 3 times during the warm up process (away is set to 64 home is 69) so when I got home I noticed my fan stopped a few times and working other times since it takes about 40 minutes to get to set temp. Is there a setting I need to set, also can I set fan for delayed turn off like 5 minutes after furnace shutdown.
Thanks in advance

Open the SmartThings app on your device, select the “Automations” tab, select “SmartApps” at the top and then select “NST Manager.” Scroll down to the “Info and More” entry and select that, there is a “Donations” entry right there.

1 Like