[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

When I copied my Nest Developer Product ID and Product Secret into the APP Settings, it generated a space to the right. I needed to delete that empty space and was able to get past the authorize Nest account.

For all that have issues when performing the authorization process:

Go back and validate the following:

In Nest Developer:

Make sure that you DO NOT have leading or trailing spaces when you copy/paste the call back url from the doc to the field in Developer.

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/oauth/callback

Verify for spaces before proceeding. Also make sure this field is not blank.

• Make sure that you enable the 5 permissions exactly as shown from the doc (this will impact how your devices work or don’t work within ST - ie: you select read for thermostat and you want to make a change from NST Manager to Nest for your temperature setting - Not gonna work)

• When copy / pasting the Product ID and Product Secret into the clientId and clientSecret fields under Settings of the NST Manager SmartApp in IDE, verify that you do not have any leading or trailing spaces in those 2 fields.

Taking the few extra minutes to validate and verify these steps will save you a lot of time and frustration. :slight_smile:

FYI: The Name and all the descriptions that you gave for the permissions in Nest Developer will be displayed in your Nest Mobile application when you goto the “Works with Nest” (after performing the authorization process in NST Manager) section.

Feel free to repost this in thread when someone encounters and documents an issue for some sort of authorization issue. This way they can quickly check and resolve their issue, or rule this out from being the problem.

I can get to that screen and when I click accept is when I receive the error.

I have looked and I’m not sure about the 5 permissions that are needed, The copy and pasting of Product ID and Secret has no extra spaces. Is part of my problem the name is Nest Manager and not NST Manager?

![20171112_190908|666x500](upload://ovutRxSk8ZqPErtDInAauYHBlTs.jpg)

Nope that shouldn’t be an issue at all. And the name you gave it bobbob should be fine in Nest Developer as this is a unique name for yours.

If you look after the Oops message it says “it wants to do the following” so this tells me that the authorization has not completed.

Login to your Nest Developer account and look at the callback url and make sure you do not have a space at the beginning or end of the url. I know this has happened with a ton of people because of the way you can copy from the doc that is provided.

After you have done that and verified. Remove the connection from your Nest Application and then go back into NST Manager in the ST app and try to authorize again.

I can’t believe this but I had nothing in Default OAuth Redirect URI. I looked and looked for a day now and never noticed that. Thank you for your help!

I am happy that I could assist.

Pay it forward and if you see someone with a similar issue, repost my post for them. I edited my post to make sure this url for callback is not blank.

Hello - I’m also trying to get onto the latest version, but I seem to have two “ghost versions” of NST Automations in my Smartapps list. I can’t delete them from the IDE, and if I select them in the app it says “An Error Occurred - Retry”. Any idea how to get rid of them?

In IDE, go-to Locations / Installed SmartApps / Edit and scroll down to Other. Under NST Manager, you will see subitems like Watchdog and any other created Automations. Try uninstalling those. You should never ever select the NST Automations from the Market Place.

1 Like

Awesome thanks - I had no idea you could uninstall from the Locations tab. I’ll get going again.

By the way, the Nest Developers tutorial misses a crucial point: You cannot choose “NST Manager App” as the name: It says name already in use, and requires you to create a unique product name.

@tonesto7 updated the documentation on that page last week around the name. It now says this:

@tonesto7 maybe change the verbiage for the product name to something like (Give the product a name of your choosing. If prompted that the name is already in use, type a name that is not taken, an example NST for XXX with X representing your initials)

Okay, trying to view the Nest Thermostat device in the app, and it appears to get stuck on loading the tiles. I believe this was the same issue I had before the update.

Swipe down on the screen.

You are on Android?

1 Like

Ah, there it is! Yes, Android.

I guess this will eventually be filled with the rest of the info? (event history, last automation event, etc)

This is my post to another community member yesterday:

They should remove them selves on the next time you open the app and press Done

I added a Disclaimer to all of the device for the users who set there mobile client type to Android in the update last week. I’m getting so tired of all of the repetitive questions about the HTML not working and ST’s @kris completely ignoring me that i’m thinking about creating alternate devices for android users with all of the HTML removed.

1 Like

FYI to all. Here is the disclaimer when opening each of the devices from Android:

1 Like

I see. Yeah, that’s a gigantic bummer.

The rest of the app is awesome though, thanks. I just had a new HVAC system installed yesterday, but the guy is still coming tomorrow to finish up some things. I think I’ll wait on setting any Remote Sensor automations so it doesn’t confuse the hell out of him tomorrow. :smile:

2 Likes

Is this a token issue?
the only settings I can see that are different is that the ‘Defualt OAuth Redirect URI’ is blank

If your redirect url is blank, it’s never going to work.

1 Like