[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Hi Phil

Thanks for that. I will have another go with setting nest up at the weekend. I noted the issue with the shard but unfortunately it was on the EU shard where this go set up.

I have managed to connect my house alarm to Smartthing and that was my priority. So I am winning :smile:

Nest will be a bonus. I was thinking of giving Tado go. The problem with Nest is no radiator thermostats. I just can’t justify the cost of Tado, I am not convinced I will save enough on my fuel bills for it to be a wise investment.

Thanks again

I followed the Wiki install for NST Manager and Automation and upon attempting to login, I get the above error. My username and password for my Nest account are correct. How can I resolve this? I’ve already removed and re-added the handlers and SmartApps.

Disregard, guys. I found an earlier post navigating me to create a developer account. All good here!

ST app said I needed to update. That could be the Samsung Account Migration beta that caused that update. Everything got deleted. Not really a big surprise, but it is is a big hassle. So no I’m trying to reinstall the apps that I used.

I went to IDE and deleted the older nest manager. Then I did a fresh install and created a nest developers account for the token. My issue is that NST is not showing up under my apps to install back into the ST app now.

OATH is authorized
github is enabled
everything is published for me
product ID and product secret are on there

Somehow I enabled OAuth in NST Automations and nothing works. Now if I try and delete repository and start over it will not let me saying “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users” - how can I start over with the install?

I have just installed the Nest Smart app and all appears to be working but when I try I log into Nest from within the Smartthing Nest Manager app it yes “Opps1 We’ve encountered an error” I have verified and I’m using the master username and password for Nest.

Any help would be appreciated .

@tonesto7 I have just installed the Nest Smart app and all appears to be working but when I try I log into Nest from within the Smartthing Nest Manager app it says “Opps1 We’ve encountered an error” I have verified and I’m using the master username and password for Nest.

I created a developer account and followed instructions down to the letter. PLEASE HELP.

Any help would be appreciated .

@engrgma11 Sorry you’re having issues but I’m pretty certain that you missed something in the token setup process… Likely the callback url in the Nest Dev site

please help, what would that be?

am good, pasting the IDs puts a space after it, which causes the error. Thanks. I will send in my donation.

1 Like

Hello all,

I have NST Manager v5.0 and use it specifically with my Nest Protect units. Everything appears to be ok, ST sees each unit and I can see it consistently receiving information for check-ins…However, I had one of the units detect smoke (while cooking) and all the Nest Protects went into alarm mode…The Nest Protect app gave me proper notification, but when I looked through the history through ST (for the unit that went off) I didn’t see the smoke alarm…

Is there a checklist of things I can do to get this working?

Thanks

So all installed fine, smart app and device handlers inplace, dev account created and ID/Secret in place. i instaledl the app on the phone, login to nest and i can see all my devices. I pick/select them all and click next and then done… and nothing, the devices never appear, what am i missing? am I mean to create them? pretty sure the NST Manager should but they never appear and I’ve tried deselecting and reselecting them a few times.

help? :confused:

1 Like

i did, sorry should have mentioned i tried that as well, nothing appears in the add wizard.

I’m getting the same issue. All appears to be installed correctly but none of the device handlers are showing up. They just state Pending Install in the smartapp. I’ve tried rebooting the hub etc.

I’ve also tried reinstalling the app, device handlers, rebooting the phone and hub. I’ve also removed other unused smartapps.

No errors are showing in live logging so I’m stumped as to why the devices won’t appear.

I just deleted the lot and started again from scratch. It all appears to be working correctly now.

Perhaps something to do with the old install?

How do you mean, deleted the lot? What steps did you take?

Still trying to get this repaired…anyone have this issue and know how to fix?

Hello all,

I have NST Manager v5.0 and use it specifically with my Nest Protect units. Everything appears to be ok, ST sees each unit and I can see it consistently receiving information for check-ins…However, I had one of the units detect smoke (while cooking) and all the Nest Protects went into alarm mode…The Nest Protect app gave me proper notification, but when I looked through the history through ST (for the unit that went off) I didn’t see the smoke alarm…

Is there a checklist of things I can do to get this working?

Thanks

I deleted all the smartapp code, device handler code and the smartapp from the ios app then reinstalled the lot.

Worked fine after that.

I know the code works. Something must have been corrupted in the local state.
When i rewrite for the new ST/Samsung API i will have more control of the install process (Hopefully) which will eliminate all these install steps.