[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I’m guessing “Additional” means you already have the device handler installed.

I know I’m having issues with the API, maybe you are as well that’s preventing new device discovery?

Try adjusting your temps (if you have the thermostat) through smartthings and see if it actually does anything. Mine wouldn’t.

Don’t want to cause a panic, but it looks like Nest API might be down for a bit.

I’m getting the same issue with the “Oops. We encountered an error. Please try again”. What did you do that made it miraculously work again?

I’m out of tokens now… Officially… Check to wiki for details on creating your own Nest Dev Account

Thanks tonesto for all your help :smile:

Didn’t know they limited you by tokens

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions and set up my own dev account. Thanks again!

Hello All. I’m having an odd issue that I hope someone can shed some light on. Whenever my ST mode changes to Away, my Nest mode changes to Away as well. The problem I am encountering is this, shortly after ST changes my Nest mode to Away, my thermostats switch from Eco back to my preset heating/cooling mode and temp. It’s strange, I can watch it happen on the Nest app. The status changes from Home to Away, both thermostats go to Eco mode, and within a few seconds the thermostats no longer show Eco and instead show the preset temp. If I go into the Nest app and manually switch the mode back to Home, and then Away once again, both thermostats show Eco and stay that way. Any ideas? I’m running NST Manager version 5.2.0. I appreciate any pointers.

@tonesto7
First thanks for what appears to be a great app.

However, I am unable to get it working. I had the oops error on the accept button, then followed your Google doc instructions and created a developer acct on Nest. I created a product called NST Manager 4 and copied the clientid and secret to the SmartApp. Now I don’t even get to the accept screen. I am sure I have missed something, but I reviewed the instructions many times and can’t find the solution. The logs don’t really give any clues, just missing AuthToken which directs to the Nest login page. Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a step needed to publish my product on Nest?
Thanks!
Lisa

Did you get the smartapp working with the instructions as written? I also followed the instructions but still have not been able to get past the AuthToken problem.
Thanks

I was able to get the SmartApp working with instructions as written, worked pretty flawlessly for me.

I’d go back and verify your steps. Sadly, I don’t know enough about the App to help any more :frowning:

I think I found a work around. If I go into the NST Manager > Manage Automations > NST Automations > Nest Mode Automation Config > Set Thermostats to Eco and change this setting to OFF, then my thermostats don’t bounce from Eco to regular. Seems like there is some type of conflict between the app changing the thermostats to Eco and Nest itself.

I mentioned this issue several posts before yours:

"I am just posting this to give people a heads up on if they experienced the same issue I have.

Issue: When Nest set to away it goes into ECO mode. When Nest set to Home it would stay in ECO mode.

I was trying to figure out why this was happening. Its suppose to drop out of ECO mode when status is HOME. So after and little searching around I figured out the problem. When you manually set ECO mode on it will stay in ECO mode no matter if the Status is Home or Away. I you let the status determine when ECO mode comes on it works exactly the way it should. So what I found was that in the NST Manager, when you set mode automation, there is an option to set ECO mode when away under additional settings. If you have this turned on it is like setting the ECO mode manually therefore when status changes to Home it stays in ECO mode. Don’t turn this on. Let Nest determine when ECO mode comes on based on the status."

Thanks, sorry I didn’t see your post. It does appear that turning off this setting has fixed the issue.

Thanks - I went through the steps again and found a space after the keys. Removed that and it worked!

@tonesto7
Found my issue. Spaces in the cut and paste of the keys. Thanks for this application. I was getting ready to take my Nest back to store until I got this working. Now I just need to get the Android portion working.

Thanks,
Lisa

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for having to ask a possibly dumb question, but I’m unable to authorize Works with Nest. I keep getting the Oops! We encountered an error. Please try again. I created the Developer account and have double checked for spaces, I get that error when clicking on the accept button. Is there anything else I may have missed?

Thanks in Advance,
Paul

I created the Next Developer account and copied the Product ID and the Product Secret to the appropriate spaces under settings in the SmartApps section. The only thing I couldn’t do, is use the same name - as it says - name was already taken. So I made up something, and copied the rest as directed from the Google Doc. I’m still getting the error. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing - same issue.

I was able to pair my Chamberlain garage door opener with Nest - so I’m not sure what I’m missing here.

Ok, so what I noticed immediately after creating my developer account, is that when I tried to use the keys - it listed my personal name, not the name of the developer account. Today, I tried it again, and the developer account name showed up - and allowed me in. Not sure if it was a time thing (give or take - about 24 hours after opening the developer account) - but it worked.

I apologize for being less responsive lately to posts made here.
It’s mainly because between work, family, and my new project i’ve been busy.

At least I have a decent reason why :slight_smile:

Coming Soon…

@bamarayne and @SBDOBRESCU reached out to @coreylista and myself to help take their EchoSistant project to another level.
From the initial setup process to the voice experience it’s going to change the SmartApp and Alexa game.

Here is just a tiny teaser of the multi-room voice command experience.
4 Likes

Well Sh*t, anyone want to buy my Google Home?

6 Likes

I am trying to use an Energenie eTRV as a remote sensor, but when I try to add an automation using the eTRV I cannot set it as a remote sensor - because it is classed as a virtual thermostat. Is there any way around this as I have eTRV’s everywhere I would like to create zones.