[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

yes both are installed and published

It looks like you have OAuth set to true for the NST Automations. This should not be true. the only way I found to correct this was to delete and reload the automations app.

I’m sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I was just wondering if it’s possible to use the motion sensing capability of the nest Protect (its “night light” feature), to trigger other things?

I am having the same problems. I got the app connected via IDE, logged into Nest via SmartThings and it found my Nest Protect. However, when you click on the Nest Protect device, it just grey and says “CLEAR”. The automation app also throws an error when trying to load.

I installed today.

Nest protect does not offer any reports for motion / night light

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Other_Feature_Requests

Are you guys getting the automation app errors all new users to SmartThings?

I wonder is NST is having issues on the new server shard

New to this app, yes.

I also am having issues with the acceptance page and getting “Oops! We encountered an error. Please try again.”

Hi,
Thanks for all the work you’ve done to create this app.

I can’t get my NEST credentials to authorize on the nest login i’m directed to from the NEST manager. It says oops. Are there any more tokens or do you have instructions on how to create new tokens?

I have had my ST hub about 1 month. I just installed your smartapps yesterday.

I’m looking for a bit of help. I’ve had NST Manager setup and running well for a while. However, due to personal circumstances, I now need to switch off ST SHM and location monitoring for ST and NST Manager location service. I intend to use the Nest own built in location service for setting ECO and unsettling it (well, probably Skylark app anyway).
The question is, if I enable Skylark/Nest Presence to take care of ECO, what would I need to disable in NST Manager? When Nest sets ECO, would NST Manager over ride it or honour ECO? Is it just NestMode automation that needs disabling? My setup is:

• When at home, use NST Manager to set the temperature.
  • when away, ST SHM changes to Away (this is what I need to disable, hence the question above about ECO mode being set direct in Nest to override NST Manager)
  • 5 schedules based on time and day of the week
  • when I run bedtime routine in ST, switch to low temp mode (taken care of as one of the 5 time/mode schedules)
  • multiple motion sensors to give me a whole home temperature to determine when Nest should change temp and go on

If I’m reading right. You should just be able to delete all of your NST Automations and it won’t do any automated actions any more. You also can go into each automation and change them all to disabled

There is also a setting under the Automations configuration page to disable all of them. Just press the + button to expand the options.

@tonesto7 thanks. The automations are fine to still be used (e.g. At a set time, make the temperature be X°), what I need to stop is location services on the phone working for ST SHM (my ST SHM home/away is what currently controls ECO via NST Manager which is what i need to stop)

This is great, but unfortunatly I am also so close and cannot login. Keep having issues with the acceptance page and getting “Oops! We encountered an error. Please try again.” Any help getting through this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Please see the instructions:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Installation_Instructions

note the section on Nest Developer Account

The issue is Nest will not give us more tokens (you can get them yourself), because they view the tokens as not kept private enough. Smarthings will not assist us in keeping them private enough to meet Nest’s ask. So we are stuck between rock and hard place.

2 Likes

Completely new to this so might be something stupid I’m asking. I’ve followed the document to create my own tokens, however its telling me that the name ‘NST Manager App’ is already in use, so can I change this and also ‘‘We’re sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later. redirect_uri is not a valid URL’’
Not sure what is meant by that either the redirect URL I have put in is copy and pasted off the document ‘https://graph.api.smartthings.com/oauth/callback’. Any help would be much appreciated!

Yes you can set what ever name you wish.
I will update the document with that.

As far as the redirect uri. I’ve noticed that you need to double click on the http:// that it adds to the box as soon as you click on that area.

Thanks for the fast response. Understood, I will try this tonight and let
you know how I make out. Much appreciated!

1 Like

I had a short hangup with the redirect URL too. There was a space at the end of the url that was causing the error. Check for that too.

3 Likes

I was able to get the product id and secret, but I still couldn’t login to the nst manager app on my phone. Still getting “Oop! We encountered an error. Please try again” after hitting “accept”. Any help would be much appreciated!