[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Need help!
I am getting errors and won’t allow me to delete the Nest Manager app. The error I got is “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users”. I even went to the SmartApp to remove the other authorized user. Then I also went to IDE>Location>Installed Smartapps to “Uninstall”. And I still get a different error: “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp.

Can someone give me a pointer how to delete the old Nest Manager?

Thanks in advance.

Delete the nest devices under My Devices and then it will let you remove the app

It’s working now. Thanks for your help

1 Like

Now, I have another problem. I could successfully installed both NST Manager and NST Automation. In my mobile App, both are installed. NST Manager seems to be working fine with all my Nest thermostats and Protect. But when I try to go into “NST Automation”, nothing happens. Try to uninstall and reinstall NST Automation again, and it still behaves the same, nothing happens. So, I am stuck at this point.

Please kindly help.

You’re positive you installed both files for the manager and the automations?

Try to install “NST Automations” again in Mobile Apps, this time I got different error: “Houston We have a problem, NST automation can’t be directly installed from the Marketplace. Please use the NST Manager SmartApp to configure them.” Is this expected behavior? Inside NST Manager, I do see configurable automations “inside” the NST Manager. So, NST Automations is not a stand alone app to configure automation rules?

Is it possible to add a Weather Underground PWS as a remote sensor? If so, how to add Weather Underground PWS as a remote sensor in Smartthing mobile apps or NST Manager 5.x.x?

I have a few Nest Protect.

If one goes off, how close to real time would be the NST Manager alert?
Is it a push notification or would it only happen through pulling (I believe set to every 3 minutes by default) ?

thank you

Enable the weather device under NM -> Manage Devices

You can customize the weather location NM -> Device Customization -> Weather Device

(you can enter PWS:stationID if you want a WU location specifically)

If you use the the standard config, it would be about 1.5 mins on average

If you get the stream module, it would be a few seconds.

All of the above assume no network issues, as the cloud is involved in this (both Nest and SmartThings).

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

The app is telling me there’s an update from 5.1.8 to 5.1.9, but when I check the repo nothing appears? Under Status I do see two files that are edited though. Do I need to merge these?

thanks,

I am also getting the “Structure Poll async” error. I am on version 5.1.9 and am getting this error once a day. Did we get any kind of idea what’s causing it or steps to resolve? @tonesto7 Thanks!

Thanks so much

I LOVE the feature that allows me to set the NEST to ECO if the outside temperature meets a given threshold. However, it doesn’t seem to work quite like I would expect.

Now, if I’ve got my NEST set to cooling only, I would like to be able to tell it to only go to ECO if the outside temperature is 5 degrees cooler than the inside COOLING setpoint temperature, NOT just the inside current temperature. That doesn’t seem to be possible with the current setup. It’s actually pretty confusing at the moment since it compares the outside temperature to the inside temp. Basically that means that as long as my house keeps heating up the same as the outside then it would never turn back on.

I’ve tried using negative numbers here, 0, and all sorts of things to get it to work as I’d like it, but it seems to be based off the outside-inside temp comparison rather than the outside-temp setpoint. Am I wrong? My house tends to get far warmer than I’d like before the NEST will set itself back to COOLING mode.

Basically, my ideal would be to give an upper and lower bound (for heating and cooling), but that doesn’t seem to be possible at the moment as you can only set one number. Am I missing something?

HELP: I had to have my V2 Hub replaced under warranty due to an issue where it would fry the power pack to it every 3-4 months (fried 4 of them). With a Hub swap, you obviously have to start from scratch again. I was on the old Nest Manager and now had to upgrade to the new NST Manager.

I did the GIT Integration install method. I added the Smartapp but it is giving me an error:
“Something’s Wrong. We can’t load your screen right now.” There is a Retry button and nothing else.

I tried the following troubleshooting:

• In the IDE, I deleted everything Nest related (all old stuff) from Smartapps and My Device Handlers. I attempted to delete this Smartapp but got the “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users”
  • On my Android, I get the “Something’s wrong” error when I click into the app. On my work iPhone, I don’t even get into that screen - just the Apple black/gray scrolling circle for a second and that’s it.
  • On Android and iOS, there is no way to delete the app. I searched the web and everything referenced about deleting Smartapps was prior to the Smartthings app update and the method of deleting the Smartapp from a main menu is no longer available.

Where do I go from here?

On the delete stuff, SmartThings support should be able to help you delete everything. Sometimes support needs to help depending on what is going on in delete.

Then you can begin again

I have the same error, Also My Apps are called NST Automations and Nest Manager. This could be the issues as I see people talking about NST manager? Maybe I am running an older version…

This morning I tried to change my cooling setpoint to 80 from 79 using NST and I got the following, I can work around it, but I though you should know:

ddcea4fb-9689-4843-a3f3-e0ee457d05c2 4:53:28 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: heatfirst for class: script15011564051671948809077 @ line 1644
ddcea4fb-9689-4843-a3f3-e0ee457d05c2 4:53:23 AM: debug Nest Thermostat
Hallway: UPDATED | Cool Setpoint is (79°F) | Original Temp: (80°F)
ddcea4fb-9689-4843-a3f3-e0ee457d05c2 4:53:14 AM: debug Nest Thermostat - Hallway: Sending changeSetpoint(Temp: 80.0)
ddcea4fb-9689-4843-a3f3-e0ee457d05c2 4:53:11 AM: debug Nest Thermostat - Hallway: UPDATED | Cool Setpoint is (80°F) | Original Temp: (79°F)
ddcea4fb-9689-4843-a3f3-e0ee457d05c2 4:53:11 AM: debug Nest Thermostat - Hallway: UPDATED | Pause Updates is: (true) | Original State: (false)

I would check that you have everything installed correctly.

My first guess is you have an old automations file installed, or it is not properly installed

In the latest version there is no variable named that

If you still have issues lets go to a private message so we can enable diagnostic web access.

I would check you are installed properly

If you still have issues we can go to a private message and enable diagnostic web access.