[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I successfully upgraded from 4.5.2 to 5.0.2 and automations carried over.

With the new swipe/tab slides for the thermostat we’ve lost the ability to select a point on Event History graph to get a reading. A selection now translates as a tap gesture and takes you to the next slide. Would be nice to have the swipe gesture between slides while leaving the tap gesture for the graph.

I agree. It’s a side effect of trying to add support for the android client. The swipe doesn’t work because of the clients horizontal swipe navigation so I had to add tap.

1 Like

I recently installed version 4.5.2, and am relatively new to this. My installation was successful, and all of my automations worked. I saw the update to v5.0 today, and attempted to do it. Unfortunately, I did the SmartApp update and publish BEFORE the device handlers. Since doing so, the SmartApp still shows as v4.5.2 when I access it via my phone. Did I do something wrong, or do I just need to wait longer? Is there a way to publish again?

Disregard, I managed to get it to update. The IDE showed as updated, but when I logged out and back in, all progress was gone. I repeated the steps correctly, and it updated, but I lost my automations. Additionally, I’m now getting a tone of notifications telling me my thermostat and protects are not connected. It seems like others are having that issue, so I’ll read some more to see if there is a solution.

Sorry for all the issues. We are actively trying to find out why only some users are affected and see if we can patch it. None of this stuff occurred in our testing internal and external.

A big thank you to @tonesto7 and @E_Sch for the prompt attention on this problem. they have been diligent in trying to resolve this.

Fortunately, the weather just turned nice here in Boston, so I’m happy to be the test case!

1 Like

Hmm, now I cannot add the NST Automation SmartApp. It tells me “You are not autorized to perform the requested operation.” I have OAuth enabled for the SmartApp. Any ideas? Thanks!

Disregard again. I think I have all of my problems sorted out. I don’t know what caused the error message above, but it works now…

Thanks Eric - this seems to have fixed my access to the NST Manager and automations app - however, for each of the nest devices - 2x thermos 4 x protects & nest weather i have a red exclamation icon with error "this device is unavailable at the moment’
sample screenshot:

I’ve left it a while to see if there are any errors in the IDE but no - no errors just debug and info messages

any ideas?

I basically deleted everything from the smart app to the device types and started over. Everything works now, the device is unavailable went away.

I feel bad that users have to go through this type of stuff. Its an unfortunate side effect of the open-ness of the ST platform. As much planning as we put into covering all the bases I’m reminded during every major release that it’s impossible and that maybe it might be a good idea to ask people to re-install if they experience any issues.

I appreciate everyones patience and understanding during these rocky releases. :slight_smile:

Mate dont worry, you have created soemthing special and i am fine working through these issues for a major release and ultimatly for an app that is so polished. That’s just how things are in the world of app dev you cant cover all eventualities in testing… working in corporate IT I know how things can go wrong - the only benefit here is not having to put up with the corporate bullsh1t. lol

anyway — any idea how to completely remove everything - from the smartapp - entering nest manager i am presented with the login to Nest screen first when clicking to log in - i get the following screen

so cant delete it from the app. Going to NST automations (which is clean)… no option to uninstall

Going into IDE and trying to delete the smartapp … i get the message “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users”
Trying to delete the device handlers i get … cant delete …DeviceType still in use by devices

any ideas?

1 Like

Don’t feel bad! Without this amazing App existing, there would be no integration between Nest and SmartThings (this app is the primary reason I purchased the ST hub - would have gone to Vera or elsewhere if you guys didn’t create this. It might be a little painful for all of us during these upgrades, but I would be willing to assume that most if not all that have been running NST Manager are willing to endure these frustrations (including myself) as these apps are continuously being improved upon, from the interface to the internal functionality of all the devices. Just my .02.

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

@Luigidon - if you login to IDE and open each of your devices, you will see what they are in use by at the bottom. In order to remove a device from ST, they can’t be used by anything else. I believe this is the case for most devices throughout ST,not a NST Manager specific item.

@Luigidon - My bad. You stated Device Handlers. I think the same thing applies. Look to see what devices are in use by the DTH and remove those devices first.

This creates a trickle down affect that I don’t like. I’m in the same boat with a whole different functional issue that I am working with Eric and Tony in related to the 5.0 upgrade and I’m hoping that we can resolve this without having to go the removal / uninstall route because of all the devices, Automations, routines, ifttt, ActionTiles that I have integrated throughout while on version 4.5.2 of NST Manager.

Thanks WB70 !!! your right … i have now managed to remove smartapp and device handlers but first had to remove the actual devices in the mobile app :frowning: now i can start a fresh :slight_smile: and yes lots of reconfig of the other dependent apps - hey ho

thanks for your advice

Cheers
Lawrence

What exactly does the “Safety Disclaimer” mean under the nest protect? Is it simply saying that you may not get the smoke or carbon monoxide alert through the ST app in real time or does it mean that because its enabled through ST I will not get alerted through the nest app?

It was requested by nest during our certification process… It’s basically there to remind users that events are not real-time (yet) and that alerts may delayed through in ST.

1 Like

But the way it works via the nest app is unchanged correct?

That is correct

1 Like