[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Suggestion for nest mode automation: here in Arizona it is bad to go into eco if the temperature is above a certain temperature. The ac just can’t recover if the outside temperature is above 105. Can you add a restriction based on outside temperature from a sensor, or from the nest weather?
Thanks, Craig

I have started having a problem with the nest going into away mode when I am still here and I have ECO mode turned off on the app and yet it still goes into eco mode. Anyone else

Hi Just installed it for the first time, when trying to login to nest account and Accept the T&C i am getting error saying not Can’t reach nest.com right now, Try again soon. can someone please advise

This restriction is available in the next release for extTmp automation

Also note, you can adjust in the thermostat, or Nest mobile/website the eco temps for cooling.

It would be good to know what is changing the system to eco

try now

sorry for wait

It would be good to look at live logging, to understand what is turning on eco.

This can be coming from:

• Nest - if home/away assist is on
  • Nest - if someone does it on the Nest web or mobile app
  • Nest - if you have other “Works with Nest automations enabled”
  • One of the built in automations in Nest Manager
  • Another Smartapp in SmartThings

I am using only NST for controlling to eco, so your changes should help me there as to changing the eco temp. the issue is that higher eco tempos make sense under 100 degrees outside, over 100 makes the ac work overtime trying to get back to normal when I get home. So being in eco is not a good idea.

hello. new install today. thanks for all your work :slight_smile:

Few questions (for cams):
In the ‘right now’ view, I see the camera, I’m able to stream. Below it is a capture of the last event. What’s odd is that that the last event will load when opening app/going to camera. However, if I leave the app open and go to over views (recently or smart apps) then swipe back to “right now” the last camera event never loads - just spins. I have to restart the app to see it. It might be related, but when i click on refresh of latest activity, I get 404.

Also, it doesn’t appear that I can create security actions based on type of motion (sees people, zone, etc). Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

you could create a ST mode of “Away when hot” vs. “away”, an use core to switch the ST mode between
AWAY and AWAY WHEN HOT based on temp. The webCoRE piston for this would be very short

if mode = away and temp > xxx Then set ST mode to away when hot

if mode = away-when-hot and Temp <= xxx set ST mode to away

you could then use the existing location mode restrictions either for Nest Mode, or a schedule. to have them only operate in away and exclude away with hot

What automations do you have enabled to change eco right now?

Not a bad idea, I’ll try that

Thanks the core idea is working well!

so yes nest assist is on but that is not the problem. The problem is that it thinks that I am away and changes the nest to away then goes into eco. I looked through the logs and it shows that it is looking at ST and says it is away…but I look at it and it says it is disarmed

It is disarmed

here is the watch dog that I think is causing the issue

and again it is still set to disarm

Never mind I figured it out. For some reason my current mode was not changing properly. need to figure out why

Gggrrr! Upstairs Nest Protect Offline again (absolutely fine in the Official Nest App).

Am I the only one experiencing this? Have to remove it and add it back yet again, it has a status of Online for about 5 mins or so then drops off again, this does not work every time either. Only seems to be happening with the Protects, the thermostat has not dropped. I have no network issues, everything runs through a separate 4G router and has been solid as a rock.

Any hints as to what I can do to prevent this from happening please?

Thanks!

I have the SmartApp installed and it is connected to my Nest Camera Device. How exactly do I setup an automation so that when the camera detects motion it will do something through Smartthings? I would really like it to take a snapshot then send me a txt or pop a notification on my phone with a link to the snapshot_url. I am familiar with the NEST API and I was able to write a simple java script to do this. If I can figure this out in NST Manager then I can do other things through the SmartThings hub as well. Any help would be appreciated.

It would be good to see IDE logs.

You can reset healthcheck without uninstalling - see:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager
specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Known_Issues

I just did this.

When in the IDE looking at live logging I get this:

6:59:03 PM: info Waiting on events…
6:59:03 PM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
6:59:03 PM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

when I go to the my devices tab in the IDE it says You don’t have any devices yet.

Also, in the SmartApp under the device I am able to take a snapshot and if I go to the Recently tab at the top I can see the snapshot. This one was taken at 6:57pm cst.

Thanks Eric!

I also just saw the HTML reload issue mentioned there, which I was not aware of. The mind boggles why they have not fixed that yet along with Dynamic Pages on droid!

I just added a third Protect and the 2nd one seems to have settled down now and has not gone offline. However the latest one is now playing the game lol. I will leave it another few days to see if that one settles also and if not then get you the logs. Am sure you have better things to do :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Mark.

1 Like

Hello there,

That’s the code I got. But when I go to Device Handler and then paste that code and do a create, I get the following error although I have enabled author. What did I miss? I am a newbie.

Groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1499731622343329104480.appSetting() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [devOpt] Possible solutions: typeSetting(java.lang.String), typeSetting(java.util.Map), typeSetting(java.lang.String, java.lang.String), getSettings(), setSettings(java.lang.Object), typeSetting(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.List)