[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

i am getting a Smartthings page with “No page found” after the Accept from the login credentials. anyone know how to solve this?

Does anyone else keep getting update notifications? I keep getting this a few times every day. Both SmartApps and Device Handlers screens in IDE are not showing any updates. I have even tried updating from repo with GitHub integration in both screens and there are no updates. The message I get is:

The only thing I can think of is in the Device Handler page I have customised both Weather and Thermostat line 247 in Thermostat and the appropriate Weather line to say compile for Centigrade:

def compileForC() {
def retVal = true // if using C mode, set this to true so that enums and colors are correct (due to ST issue of compile time evaluation)
return retVal

Thermostat is version 5.1.2 and Weather is 5.1.1 according to the code:

I’m not sure what’s going on but the week has been rough. I’ve a lot of issues with my smart Apps executing. I
Have webcore pistons failing and smart lighting actions not triggering

Thanks. I’ve noticed some wonkiness this past week as well. Tagging @ady624 to see if he’s aware of anything.

For now, I have also enabled my Simplisafe/Nest official integration to control Nest status as I come and go as well. The reason I switched to NST Mgr was because that was becoming unreliable.

I was also seeing some wonkie-ness with most of my battery powered sensor reading - which was causing app triggers to fail.

YMMV, but turning off DeviceHealth and a hub power cycle has everything running smoothly again.

Airwave - the NEST feature that keeps the fan on for a few minutes after the thermostat trips off - can NST manager do something like that? I noticed that when external sensors are used, it just shuts off immediately when the threshold is reached.

I think it’s working now. I turned off Nests own home/away tracking. Maybe
that helped.
Thanks.

Are decimal values supported for setpoints? eg. setting cooling to 77.5?

Nest only allows .0 for F settings

For C settings you can use .0 or .5

This is how Nest operates…

1 Like

Sorry for all the questions. As you can tell, I’m just discovering how much this awesome app can improve my HVAC situation at home :wink:

Will be donating… does the node.js server you offer to donators benefit those just running thermostats or just those with NestCams?

The stream service provides real-time updates for all nest devices.

1 Like

How about the thresholds - I can set a threshold of 1.75 - is that respected or rounded up? Was looking to do a little more fine tuning.

You can set them to decimals. Typically in F mode they will be compared to .0 values (i.e. current temp).

I’m not sure it will matter - you can try it if you like.

1 Like

Looks like they work. I have the virtual cooling setpoint set to 78 and a threshold of 1.5.

NST manager kicked the system on when the average temp reached 79.6 (pic1) and turned off when the average temp got to 78.1 (pic2)

pretty cool!

pic1:

pic2:

edit: typo

1 Like

Can you point me to the documentation that describes how to set auto away (Eco) setting through ST automation?

thanks

You have “choices” depending on what you want to do:

a) Documentation: http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

The NestMode automation can adjust Nest Home / Away (and Eco) based on presence sensors, or ST Modes.

Example: If the ST mode changes to home, set the Nest to home and return the HVAC system from Eco back to its previous state.

There are other built-in automations in the above documentation to set ECO based on doors/windows being open, or the external temperature is within a range “that you can turn off the HVAC, and possibly open the windows”

b) You can write your own automations to set the thermostat to ECO, or return it from ECO, using your own smartapp, or something like CoRE or webCore. Search forums for webcore.

When writing your own app, see the documentation in a) about ECO use (in things to know), and see the SmartThings developer documentation - especially on capabilities, and on thermostat within capabilities.

Appreciate there are some funny things happening with ST recently but has anyone had their Protects go offline? I just updated my 1st gen to 2nd Gen and added a second one, they add ok even though I get an error that it cannot delete the device as still in use which is is not but then after about 10 mins they both go offline and stay that way. The Power Type is not reported correctly either, this happened a while back but then started to work correctly again. The Thermostat etc. stay connected without issue. It is bugging the hell out of me and really need them to stay connected. The Protects are visible and fine in the Nest app itself and no pending authorizations etc. I am in the UK.

Also another strange thing, I renamed them both in ST but as they go offline in ST they revert back to the original name??? Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,

Mark.

EDIT / UPDATE: Removed everything again and added it back and they have both held Online for now, the 2nd one still shows as being wired though whereas the first has now changed to battery. Is there some sort of complete sync window? Are all these connection issues down to ST or the NST Manager?

Hi, I have had an odd thing happening , which I thoguth had stopped but as happend today again.

So I checked in live logging which listed

Each device events look fine … and the error doesnt casue any problems, just a notifcaiton on the phone … so I dont know if this is somethign to be ignored or not.

Thanks @E_Sch for the thorough response.

Anyone else on Android here and gets a blank screen or page not found when going ‘back’ into any of the NST Devices or clicking on the ‘Refresh’ Icon or link via the Things page? Is this down to Dynamic pages being broken? Could someone on droid in the US and the UK please try this for me?

Thanks! :slight_smile: