[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

On the android app issues, our experience is this app is much buggier than the iOS app.

If you get IDE logs of issues with the dth or smartapps, do share them with us. Unfortunately the android mobile apps is a “black box” for figuring out its issues.

On the protect, this sounds like more android app issues. There are instructions in the docs on how to reset the health status. http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

It would be good to share your webCore with us as a private message.

On doing this as a backup, it would be good to look at whatever might have been the root cause. The weather device automatically updates more frequently at sunrise and sunset to deal with twilight.

As you know, the weather devices rely on getting the weather updates wunderground.

So, yes we can look at the refresh issue, and you should not need it.

Thanks Eric, I’ll PM you later today the webCoRE piston i was using.

Is there a way to use NST Manager to turn a ceiling fan on if one thermostat is 5 degrees different than another thermostat? Conversely to turn off the ceiling fan when the thermostats are within five degrees? I am using2 nest thermostats, a ge z wave wall switch and a standard ceiling fan. Thanks.

After I updated yesterday and also today I keep receiving API CMD Failed: Status Code 429 ErrorMsg: Blocked. Is there something that I can do to resolve this?

It seems that turning off my fan control in the app has help quiet down the API Failure alerts.

I’ve done a reinstall and am getting “Can’t reach nest.com right now. Try again soon.” Anyone else seeing this?

Can you try again?

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

I know this is likely a Nest issue, but both of my thermostats keep going offline and then come back. The Nest app says to check the internet WiFi but I have a Nest Cam as well (as of this weekend - woot!) and it has stayed connected.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

I may just need to reboot my router as well. Everything has been acting funny lately…

Do you have a newer router like ASUS with the Smart Connect Feature?

Its an ARRIS TG1682G that Xfinity installed… So probably not much help there. It does look like I can do a lot remotely though, so that is neat.

I haven’t had this come up before so it is kinda strange. I had an internet outage for half a day a couple days ago and everything has been screwy since then. I did reboot then, but I may need to again.

So I have been using Nest Manager for a long time with no issues. I just got a buddy of mine into SmartThings and was showing him how to do a first time setup. He just barely hooked up his SmartThings hub so he has nothing on it. I installed NST Manager just fine (though it had some odd hiccups at not properly recognizing his Thermostat the first time) and then I went to install the NST Automations SmartApp and it had a weird bug… I accidentally tapped it twice in the add SmartApp section so now there are multiple “Nest Automations” SmartApps on his device… the most annoying part is that if I tap on any of the installed SmartApps the loading icon just spins and it doesn’t do anything… so I can’t get to the proper screen to actually delete them…

From all the trial and error in testing, he now has FOUR copies of the Nest Automations SmartApp and no way to remove any of them as far as I can tell… he is on IOS.

Has anyone seen this bug before? How on earth do I delete the other 3 copies of the SmartApp?

Hi @eric10k93 i’m sorry you are seeing issues. I will be honest there has been some really weird happenings lately on ST.

As far as the multiple installs of the automations we have put a crap ton of logic in to prevent that from happening.

I suggest heading over to the IDE and clicking on My Locations > SmartApps > Click on the Edit button at the top of the page and carefully scroll down and click uninstall on all of the extra automations below the NST Manager app.

I have the exact same issues.

Oddly enough it didn’t do it again after posting.

Maybe I need to clarify. I mean he has 4 copies of Nest Automations INSTALLED, not published. There is only one copy of NST Manager and one copy of Nest Automations published on the IDE. Somehow he has 4 copies actually installed as smartapps on his device. Normally on my device I would simply select the SmartApp and tap the remove button to remove it, but when we tried tapping one of the installed Nest Automations on his device it just sat spinning and never actually loaded the screen where we’d be able to tap remove.

Maybe we’ll need to try again now that it’s been a few days. You’re probably right that the SmartThings platform itself is doing something weird. Of course it happens when I attempt to show him how easy it is to use, haha…

1 Like

On a install there is typically running
1 NST Manager
and 1 NST automation (watchdog)

Then if you enable Nest mode, there will be another automation
1 NST automation (nest mode)

If you enable automations for a thermostat, each thermostat that has automations enabled will have
1 NST automation (thermostat name)

So in my home, I have 2 thermostats, so I have
4 automations installed

• watchdog (automatically enabled at install)
  • nest mode ( I enabled this)
  • thermostat 1 ( I enabled this)
  • thermostat 2 ( I enabled this)

If you were to have 1 thermostat, there should not be more that 3 automations enabled

If you see two automations on the same thermostat, you should delete all the running automations, then
go into nst manager and hit “done”, then re setup your automations.)

I’m referring to the Nest Automations SmartApp… not the automations themselves. There are 4 copies of the SmartApp itself installed…

Oddly, it shouldn’t show up the way it does…

I checked on my device and all I have is “NST Manager” installed. In fact, if I got to the marketplace and attempt to install Nest Automations it gives an error showing “this install method is not allowed”.

So how is it that it added it on his hub? Is this some difference between Android and IOS that I’m not aware of? It’s definitely a bug that it allowed us to add it on his IOS device but I get the error on Android.

I have both Nest thermostat and nest protect devices. I’m trying to understand how the nest presence device handler works. Does it only rely on the nest thermostat or does it use both the thermostat and nest protect to detect if someone is present ?