[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

pinging one more time. Can anyone help on how to debug why NST manager 5.0.9 not working?

Try installing the latest release of version 5.1. Make sure to update all apps and devices

1 Like

I think I may have found a bug with the new update. Upon return home and changing from away to home, Nest Manager turns on thermostats that have been off. This happened in old updates as well but it was corrected. Upon the new update, it’s happening again.

Hi There

I had the old nest manager (i think 3) that was working fine. Today i did the uninstall and reinstall of the latest version, and now there is no temperature displaying in the app. I turned on my Thermostat using the Nest app, and the nest manager says that “cooling is enabled” but it is not showing the current temperature…just shows 0

I cant see why this isnt working. It seems to poll everything off that EXECPT the temperature

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers!

OK so i went and removed everything in IDE (nst manager from smart apps, and all device handlers), reinstalled it and the device handlers and now its reading the temp! Must have been the left over device handlers that caused it. But yay its working again!

1 Like

Please check the settings for the nestmode automation.

It can (depending on settings) set the location to home, as well as take the thermostats out of eco.

If you don’t want nest mode to take it out of eco, check the settings to ensure it is not setting eco.

If you still have problems please private message us with logs.

I want the nest mode to take it out of eco when we arrive but not to actually turn on the thermostats when they are manually turned off. I have 2 thermostats for heat and 2 thermostats for AC. I shut the thermostats for the heat off during the summer and vice versa for winter. You had fixed this glitch for me in the last version but it seemed to have appeared again with this update.

thanks for the report. We’re looking into it.

1 Like

Thanks very much

I have a similar issue. The weather in NYC has been such that I’ve been keeping my thermostats off. When I leave my home automation sets thermostats to ECO mode. When I return home I expect automation to return to previous state – OFF. However, when I return home the thermostats turn on in Cool mode.

We have a fix in for this. I will be rolling it out this evening

1 Like

This is better now in the new ver.
however I can’t set the “Action Threshold Temp” this setting is grayed out?
also I do not see any place to select the temp sensor?

Am I just doing something wrong? are is this a bug?

1 Like

##RELEASE Manager and Automations v5.1.1
This release is now active and available. Please see release notes in the manager app for details of the changes

1 Like

Thank you for the quick turnaround. Works great now.

1 Like

Agreed! Working perfectly! Thank you to Eric and Tony!

1 Like

I did install 5.1.1. still it adds one time but does not update after that. is there a way to look at the logs and see what is missing? where to look at the logs to find out.

Are people still having the Health Warning Offline issues with this update? I seem to be.

There are instructions on viewing logs in:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Troubleshooting

you can also enable “debug” logs in Nst Manager to get more verbose logs if needed.

If you are up to date with the latest version, you can reset healthcheck:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Known_Issues

Do make sure you are running the latest code

I’ve reset the health check by going into the thermostat and going into settings and hitting Done but I’m still getting the notifications. Am I doing something wrong?