[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Receiving “Can’t reach nest.com right now. Try again soon.” error when tapping on “ACCEPT” after entering my Nest credentials.

EDIT: Looks like it’s working now.

Can anyone help here please? I’ve been trying to get the my Nest Thermostat working forever. I have the older versions of Nest Manager and after no luck getting it working I removed it and the device handlers from the IDE and did a new clean reinstall.

First off… people are referencing “NST Manager” and my installs only yield “Nest Manager.” Should the installed app be “NST Manager” because I have no idea how to get that version.

Assuming the app is actually “Nest Manager”, my problem appears to be related to the login credentials not saving in the OS app. I login successfully, hit done and then hit next to select “Nest Locations” but I can’t see my thermostat.

Any help would be really appreciated!

I think that this just going on now. Had many issues with updated version API error sending CMDs, and deleted and reinstalled entire setup on smart things IDE. The step of confirming account/password in smart app with “works with nest” was giving me a cannot connect with nest.com refusal. Now it is giving me the oops we encountered an error. Please try again. I believe this is on their end or a token issue. Hopefully since a poster got it to work a bit ago, ours will begin working soon. Hopefully. Any other thoughts on what to do would be appreciated.

Now it is back to can;t reach nest.com right now. Try again soon…

sorry been busy with the family. Give the login a try again please

Thank you very much!!! Working perfectly!

1 Like

Hi @tonesto7 new to ST and a complete noob to coding! I wanted to get my NEST thermostat connected to ST and found NEST-Manager. The DH and apps are brilliant thank for creating it!
But I’m having a few issues with the smartapp, I’m in the UK and i think its because we don’t have all the features you have across the pond! Is there a way to tweak the code, to make it work better in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been using a CoRE piston to turn on and off my thermostats based on outdoor temperature since it was pretty straight forward. However, it doesn’t take into account humidity or actual temperatures in the house. Last night the outside temperatures were in the low 60’s which according to my CoRe kept my thermostat off. We woke up and all of the bedrooms were in mid 70’s and way too hot. I setup an Eco/external Automation and turned my thermostat on Cool. It’s currently 59 degrees outside and my thermostat is currently 71. Why did it just put my thermostat in Eco mode if it’s outside the 3 degree difference? It seems to constantly fluctuate between Eco and Cool.

Tonesto thanks for getting this back online. I was able to get logged back in… much appreciated. It’s an awesome app!

While I can adjust the temp manually with my nest thermostat now, for some reason none of the routines work now. For example, I have “Good Night” setup to set the thermostat to 65 degrees but when I run the routine nothing happens.

I had your older version of the app installed but I totally deleted it and the handlers and did a fresh install.

Can you make any recommendations on how to get my routines working again?

Thanks so much!

If you can manually make changes it should be ok to work in routines. If you could send your logs from the time when you are trying to set them via routines in a PM that would be helpful

Thanks for the quick reply Anthony. I turned on the “Enable Remote Diag,” but the app says at the bottom, “This client is not authorized to stream remote logs…”

More observations…

In the Nest Manager app I see the status correctly change based on the Routine I run. For example, it says that I’m correctly Away or Home depending on which routine I run.

However, it doesn’t seem to be sending the following changes:

Goodbye = 60
Good Night = 66
Good Morning = 69
I’m Back = 69

The thermostat temp never changes after the routine is run.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

##NST Beta Access
I’ve just updated our public repo to add in the Beta Branch
Moving forward this is where we will be posting code to that we feel is ready to be tested by end users.

This can be added to ST IDE alongside the master branch.

1. To start using the beta branch for existing installs you will need to add the new branch under IDE settings.

2. You will need to update each app and device source code options under their properties in the IDE to use the new beta branch you added.

If your not sure how to add a Repo to the IDE follow these steps and replace the master with ‘Beta’

We are Looking for Donators to Test Our Real-Time Local NodeJS Nest Event Streaming Service

####Requirements to Test:

• You have previously Donated!
  • Have a Rasperry Pi/Linux machine running in there home.
  • User is good with installing a simple bash script.

Beyond that the setup is very easy. If you interested please PM @tonesto7 and @E_Sch and we will send you the instructions.

FYI if anyone runs into the issue I described, I figured out the fix. It was silly. After I uninstalled the Nest Manager in the IDE and reinstalled it I needed to re-select the thermostat in the routine. The Routines kept the temp settings but didn’t have a thermostat selected. Anyway, hope this helps someone…

Gonna need some serious application upgrades. Facial recognition for one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry…I am a little bit confused and I am unsure where to ask this. When I am adding a smart app by coping and pasting, I see that it says to save it and publish it to me so it shows up under my apps. I have a few device handlers I added that appear to be working just fine, but they show as unpublished in “my device handlers”. Am I supposed to publish device handlers as well? They are working fine, but when I go to install the Nest ones I want to be sure I am doing everything correctly.

Thank you.

Typically device handlers (dths) and SmartApps, are both saved, and “published” for me.

It is possible for them to work without publishing if:

a) They have never been published (i.e. once you publish, you need to keep publishing to ensure it updates)

b) The devices (or SmartApps) are installed by a SmartApp (vs. being installed from the SmartThings mobile app → marketplace).

While it sounds simple, the above rules are easy to get confused or make a mistake on. So generally it is best to save, and publish for me, to avoid issues.

1 Like

Getting the message below trying to enable OAUTH and clicking UPDATE. Will search the thread in the meantime…

OAuth Client ID: -removed-

OAuth Client Secret: -removed-

Access Denied

We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

Is this in the SmartThings IDE?

Past few days I’ve been getting these API Notifications in addition to the Health Warning Offline Notifications that I’ve been getting, See below…

Hi, I have only just started using the app and I am getting the same.

Also I have had other errors but they always seem to refer to the first device i installed in the hallway and never mention the second device. When errors occur Nest app reports all working fine and checks pass all tests.

One final point I tried to use the support option in the app but it just takes you to login into github and there is no way to send any details etc.

Thanks for looking at this