[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Mine is working :slight_smile:

Just got mine up and running :grinning:
Happy now!.
Thank all of you for your help.
Now on to my next project…

Just figured it out…
I had updated the NST Manager but forgot to update the Device Handlers.

Just updated and I assume it will resolve the issue.
-Doug

Hi guys just updated to 5.5.9 all went well but now when trying to turn temperature up and down the display doesn’t do anything but when I come out and back in it has changed ? How to I fix this ?

I updated to 5.5.9 (but the SmartApps and the Device Handlers) and now under “Storage App Info” on the bottom of the main screen in the app it says “Storage SmartApp is Not Installed…”

Also, under “Device Summary” my devices are listed under “Devices Pending Install” (1 Physical Thermostat, 2 Virtual Devices).

I’ve already deleted my devices, uninstalled the app via ST, and reinstalled the app again. Same errors.

I have nothing else showing up in the repo to update. Any help?

OK, it has been awhile since I made any changes to my smartthings but I added a few new things and for some reason, I can not find a link to NST Manager at all that works for instructions on how to install it. HELP!?!?

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

Whenever I go there, this is what comes up. Screenshot_20190204-132838_Chrome|243x500

the url is working now. the site was down for part of the day

I find it still not working…

Sorry, I meant to update my post with a follow up. The site is unavailable again. More details can be found in the following thread…,

Since the site is down, can anyone post the latest version of the NST Manager here or somewhere temporarily? (I’d like to get my NEST thermostat working with my new Smartthings Hub.)
Thanks!

Are you referring to the DTH’s and SmartApps? If so, you can find them on @tonesto7’s GitHub page

1 Like

Thanks for that. I was able to get it installed and working with my Nest thermostat. (Once I found the instructions!)

1 Like

@tonesto7
where do I find a changelog for the smartapp/dth/etc?
also, how do I change the device name of any of the nest devices in the devices list? anytime I try and change the name, it reverts back to its original name. this is quite annoying, to be honest.

in the NST Manager smartapp, click on Device Customization, then in the Device Names section, click on Tap to Modify. There you can set custom names for all Nest devices.

As for change log for the Nest Manager, you can either click on the version number at the top of the screen or click on Info and More further down in the app and click on View App Revision History.

Not sure where you can go to see revision changes on device handlers. Maybe someone else can provide that info.

Edit: when you set a custom name in the NST Manager, it may take a few minutes before it updates in the ST app.

1 Like

@jkp
thanks for the help. awesome, didnt know about the name change capability of the nst manager.

In terms of changelogs, I would appreciate seeing them before updating everything. Does this work without updating?

No, the current revisions would not show until the app is updated.

the github page usually shows a small note on the revisions

Sooooo, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Finally got it installed, but it keeps telling me client ID and secret are both missing

I understand I have to have a nest developer account but what are you supposed to do when they are not accepting them anymore

Am i been really silly but i have installed NST automations and Nest manger no problem but now im trying to add the code for the nest camera and they instructions say "

Just use the same steps as above except click on "My Devices" and then "+ New Device" and copy paste the code for each device listed below."

But there is no option to add code? I Have added a photo bellow