[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I got the error message too, but tried after a few minutes and it worked

Although everything appears to work OK, I am getting the following notification at random a few times a day. I’m using Nest streaming which is active. For now I have turned off the notifications, but I wondered if it pointed to some issue I need to look at?!

NST Manager Nest Data update issue: the app has not refreshed data in the last (1882) seconds. Please try refreshing data using device refresh button.

Should watch IDE logs. The stream may not be getting new data.

I have seen this some - my guess is nest is doing things to their servers.

Every 12 hours for the last 7 days (at least) I am getting a notification that says “Info: Nest Manager Update(s) are Available: Weather App: v5.5.0 Please visit IDE to Update code”

Yet I am running v5.5.0 already and there are no updates showing on Github. Any idea how I can stop these notifications?

you can turn them off under notification setting in the smart app.

but if you’re getting them that means you’re not running the latest version of something

Has anyone had a chance to look at my logs above? Today my heat was stuck on for 4 hours.

Thanks. Update from Repo shows nothing changed though so maybe I need to reinstall. Will have another look.

Hi,

I have been using NST manager for about a year and now I am using the latest version. Since yesterday, I have realized that the my logic in webcore does not command the nest thermostat. I thought that the problem is with my logic but when I checked the device interface in the smartthings app, it was the same. Indeed, it seems it does not command the nest thermostat nor get info from it. For example, you change the heating point in the device interface in smarthings app but it does not change the heating point on the actual thermostat or the other way around. I also tried the nest app itself and it works perfectly.
Any suggestion for fixing this issue?

Keep in mind that Nest has been having HUGE amounts of problems the last week or two… like completely down kind of failures.

I too have been having the same issues with Nest receiving the nest manager instructions. It happened when my home router went on the fritz. The router is back up but even after logging in and out of nest via SmartThings, instructions are not received by nest. The notifications in SmartThings and webCoRE pistons are indicating that all is good but nest is not properly responding. I’ve also updated to the latest nst manager 5.58 a few days ago.

See:

and

You can enable remote diagnostics and send us the link in a private message if you don’t see what is wrong in above

In ST Classic mobile app:

Select NST Manager app
Get Help | Diagnostics

• Enabled diagnostic page
    -Enable Log collection

Done/save your way out.

Share URL via a private message

Turns out my issue was self-inflicted. I had made a change in the nest manager notification restrictions when certain modes are active which prevented the thermostat from receiving the message that both SmartThings and webCoRE were sending.

Hi all,
new to this forum, but I have install NST Manager,
but the app is saying;
SmartThings Location is not returning (TimeZone: null) or (ZipCode: null) Please edit these settings under ST IDE or Mobile App

A little help Please :slight_smile:

That sounds like in the SmartThings classic app, you should ensure your location and timezone are set, and then make sure the save/done your way out of the app.

I tried all that and thought i’d cracked it until i got this page;

Just got a notification from Nest Manager about an API outage and the network is offline. Anyone else having issues?

Yes, same for me.

I’m running NST Manager v5.5.9 and have been getting this message from ST all afternoon at random times (no pattern as far as I can tell):

NST Manager API Issue Warning:
The Nest API appears to be having issues. This will effect the updating of device and location data.
The issues started at [then it always gives a date/time stamp from approx 5 minutes before each notification].

But when I look at the devices (2 Nest Protects) they seems to be working and up to date.

I’m not sure how to resolve this???
-Doug

Okay, glad it’s not only me. This is what I am seeing in the app…

Just checked my Home Assistant hub, it’s working fine with Nest. @tonesto7, any suggestions?