[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Wait, which one?

There is a community installer app that allows you to install 3rd party apps without messing in the IDE

Sorry, do’t think I’ve seen that… Where can I find info on it?

Hi Anthony,

So i’ve recently updated my nest credentials to a different email and password. When I am trying to access the NST manager to add my nest smoke alarm, it is giving me an error of “Oops! We’cw encountered an error. Please try again.”. I’ve been trying to log in and still no luck. Do i need to update any of the configs on the Nest Portal or ST IDE?

So just to update what I did.

1. Uninstall existing devices, device handlers, apps
  2. install community installer
  3. install nst manager
  4. get my client ID & Secret from nest portal
  5. run NST manager
  6. enter credentials

All works!

2 Likes

I still cannot add any of my Nest devices to my ST AP. Ive deleted and re-installed back NST manager and installed the community installer. The NST manager is still not taking in my Nest credentials… a screen shot of the error message is attached.

@tonesto7…so after reading up more on this issue i did find out that issue is with no auth tokens. Is there an update on getting more? appreciate the help in advance!

Did you set up your nest developer account?

Yes, i did. i was able to get my client id and client secret codes

I just installed NST Manager from scratch, following the detailed instructions on the wiki page.
I used github integration to install Nest manager and NST Automations, the community installer and all the nest device handlers.

I did OAuth for the Nest manager and community installer, but not NST Automations.

Everything looks okay from IDE side, but in the ST Classic app, nothing shows up in Marketplace > My Apps

I followed the link to make sure I’m in the right shard. Plus all my other SmartApps showed up under My Apps.
I even installed another SmartApp and it showed up in My Apps so correct shard.

I went through the Troubleshooting section.
I just updated from Repo so I have all the latest code.

I don’t think I need a Nest Token since I can’t load the Nest Manager smartapp.

But I followed the instructions and created an OAuth at the Nest Developers Portal.

Any suggestions as to why nest manager doesn’t show up under My Apps when it shows up on the IDE under my SmartApps? (I’m sure I’m in the correct shard)

I downloaded from GitHub. I didn’t realize you had to open each app and handler and publish them one by one. Once I published, the nest manager appeared under My Apps.

I’m trying to install nest manager and I can’t login to my nest account.

I authorized OAuth for the nest manager.

I entered my nest token under settings in the nest manager

The error is:
redirect_uri mismatch
The URI in the request does not match the ones authorized for the OAuth client. Visit the Developers Console to update the redirect URI.

When I was requesting the nest token I had no idea what redirect URI should be. I either left blank or entered garbage. What should it be?

Scott,

When you set up NST manager, what credentials did you use to login to Nest? Your personal login?

Where did you use the Nest token’s client ID and secret?

Where did you use the NST manager’s OAuth client ID and secret?

2 Likes

Harlan,

Once you see NST manager in ST. You will probably not able to get any of your devices added. It looks like there are not enough auth tokens available and will you get an error message "“Oops! We’cw encountered an error. Please try again.” after typing in your credentials… Let me know if you are able to… I am still waiting for an answer on this issue.

Did you create a nest developer account and create your own auth token as described in the instructions jkp posted just above?

Hi Jason,

Was the reply for me?

Hi Everyone. I was able to make it work. I had to redo the and update my token. Happy Holidays!

Once I followed jkp’s detailed instructions creating the Nest token and updated my token’s URL and permissions, I was able to login to my Nest account.

A few suggestions regarding jkp’s instructions (not complaining, just pointing out what caused me problems):

1. the link the Nest Developer Portal should be updated to https://console.developers.nest.com
    I had to google to find portal and wasn’t sure I was in the right place, especially when the portal said
    they were not issuing tokens.
  2. change the Support URL and Default OAuth redirect URL so they are not links and can be easily copied.
    I could not figure out how to copy them from PDF. So I clicked on each link, then when page opened,
    I copied the URL from the address bar. Unfortunately, for the redirect URL, this is different from
    https://graph.api.smartthings.com/oauth/callback in the PDF.
    Consequently, I got the oauth redirect URL failure.
    I handcopied the redirect URL into the nest token and I was able to login to my Nest account.

Thank you to everyone who responded with helpful advice!

Yes your Nest account credentials to log in.

Look in the smart app you’ll see a spot to inset your client ID & secret.

For some reason motion wont trigger on device handler, it says no motion no matter what.
Is it because my camera is private? Or is it something else I need todo to make motion work?