[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Remote sensor data is not available to us under the best api

It’s definitely not the “best” api. :smile:

1 Like

I finally got a Nest E but having issues with the smart app. Its telling me “Nest Developer Data Missing”. When I follow the link to the Nest Developer Portal and create login, I see the following:

Thank you for your interest in the Works with Nest program. We’re currently restructuring our developer program and are no longer accepting new developers to the program or performing client integration reviews for existing developers until the new program is implemented. Stay tuned for further details and announcements.

How can I get this up and running?

Despite the messaging, the Nest developer console will still allow you to register and setup oauth clients.

I cant create a new product which is the first step in the documentation.

1 Like

It looks like they redesigned the console and what used to be product is now called oauth client.

Finally got it working, but it is not updating the nest protect devices I previously had and the new nest thermostat didn’t show up in things?

Looking for guidance…
I was able to install, generate client code/secret…update app…

When attempting to login to nest via the nest manager, I’m able to login.

When select the ‘Allow’ button for the Works with Nest page…clicking allow brings up a blank white page…nothing else…

logs are showing:
9:17:42 PM: error Oauth Callback Exception: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request @line 7281 (callback)
9:17:12 PM: info ||| Nest Manager (v5.5.6) | AuthToken not found: Directing to Login Page

I think I am experiencing the same issue (devices not showing up). I know all the devices are visible to my Nest account, but from the app (i’m running current DM & App) none of my devices are showing up…

Help?

Any updates, my devices are not being added???

With out being able to see all the facts the best I can do is make a wild guess.
Or blame Nest :slight_smile:

The smart app sees all the devices but it is not adding them in the things screen in Smart Things

Are you receiving any errors in the logs?

Seems to work for me, but is there a way to make the Nest thermostat respond faster? It’s like 3-5 minutes from when I change the temperature in ST until the thermostat updates.

sounds like nest or St issues. The delay should be at most 5-6 seconds

1 Like

Sent in message to you

My nest thermostats started acting strange in ST, the temperature updates correctly but the humidity is not, and if i try to change the target temperature in smartthings it doesnt update on nest web client/app. I checked oauth, nest dev account permissions, resetted nest token and relogin… nothing… any ideas?

IDE logs, and enable remote diagnostics.

If you still need us to look, send the URL as private message.

1 Like

@Scott_Chapman I ended up deleting all smart apps and DTH for this and used the community installer for it now is all working.

1 Like

I have a question about the weather alerts. I am trying to find out how NST Manager gets the information that it provides in the notifications whenever there is a weather alert in my area.

Warn: WEATHER ALERT: …Significant weather advisory for patchy freezing fog across {location}. Patchy freezing fog still exists across {location}. However, temperatures across the area are starting to warm back above freezing. A few slick spots on roads across the area are possible through 10 am. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio or a favorite local media outlet, for further statements or updates…

It appears to grab the information from the National Weather Service, but I’m trying to learn how. I would like to have this information read aloud via webCoRE and LANnouncer, but I’m having trouble getting the data into webCoRE.