[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I am still running into this issue, as of right now I have.
-Uninstalled NST Manager and re-installed it on IDE (all things show as published for me).
-Verified client id and client secret are correct in settings in IDE.
-Verified I have the 9 permissions labeled correctly (per the written procedure) in nest developer portal.
-Unistalled smartthings app and re-installed.

I assume I am missing something dumb, but I have followed procedures and don’t see anything that jumps out at me as something I missed. Sorry for double post, but I woke up today and tried a few more steps and thought I would try to elaborate more on what I have tried to do to remedy. I have read through the prior messages on this issue and have tried several of those suggestions as well, but had no luck.

last thing I was thinking about redoing was to just create a new OAuth (remove one I created) in developer portal for nest. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
jason

i install nest Manager from first time
I install all device handlers and smart apps and I enable the Oauth on smartapp Nest manager
even if take the id and secret on api smarthings page on the app / smart app nest manager does not take it automatically so I go and I add manually the id and secret on smart app oauth page

then works on app…
now ask for nest account but after that says the same msg as you
Oops! we have encountered an error. Please try again later
version 5.5.6

I create developer nest account the same as the normal one
no luck…

anyone can tell me what is going wrong? I using UK version smartthings v2

EDIT
I read that developer says that because have create more than 7500 tokens is better to create my own token on developer account (OAuth)

but right now the nest does not allow for some weeks to do that because they updating the site or something like that…

Nest will allow you to create new account and token. They are not accepting reviews (which you are not doing). So if you login, you should be able to “Create new OAuth client”.

You should only need 1.

As to folks with other errors, logs from the SmartThings IDE is best place to start. Typically oauth was not enabled on the NST Manager app, or some permission or callback is not set correctly in the nest developer site.

Sorry, you are right the review does not work so when I create OAuth client and use the new id and secret finally everything work

But I have UK thermostat that have heat and hot water but no hot water on SmartThings

Did you ever uncover a root cause / identify a solution? I’ve been having similar problems where the SmartApp just stalls on making mode updates or logging data (I have a similar Influx setup).

I uninstalled and reinstalled the smart app, and it seems to have helped for me.
The installation process has been updated since I did it initially, so I figured it didn’t hurt to try that first. It’s been updating regularly since.

So does NST manager allow you to add Nest hello doorbell to Smartthings?

I thought folks have said here that the doorbell shows up as a camera in the nest API (I don’t have a doorbell so I cannot confirm).

That is where I would look once you add it.

You are correct it does show up as a camera

Apologies if answer is obvious but had no luck finding it.

I got the error:
Client ID and Secret are both missing. I clicked on the web-link in the app but got a message “error saving page”.

I understood this to be the problem that I needed a Nest Developer Account. I created an account but see they are closed for new products, only available to create an OAuth client.

I presume there is a way through this but can’t find an answer. Would appreciate any direction. Many thanks.

If the problem is updating the settings in ide, try it using an incognito/private browsing window.

I believe he is saying he can’t get the ID and secret from the nest developer account

I’ve got everything squared away now but am having an issue with nest hello camera in ST. Camera is showing but when I click on it, it says camera id not found (or one error was a groovy.lang.Missing). I’ve seen posts on it but didn’t see specific answer on how to fix.

I made camera public with a password and closed/logged out of nest and ST. Anyone have suggestion or solution to this issue?

I love this integration that you’ve put together. This is what made my decision to purchase ST. Very much appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into this, it’s exceptional!

Thank you
Jason

it has to be set to public with no password

Lol. Thank you. Always something simple.

Thank you.

Hello. “motion” on my cameras is always set to “inactive”. They don’t go to “active” when they detect motion even though I’m receiving the alerts from Nest, so I’m not sure what’s the expected behavior of “motion”. What am I missing? It would be nice to use my cameras as motion detectors.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the hello sends motion events to the camera api or not.

Tony has a hello I think, I don’t have one to test. If the camera is otherwise working thru the api, and you are using the streaming module, this is all that is needed for normal cameras.

Do ensure you are running the latest nest manager code, dth code, etc, and the latest streaming module for camera motions events to work.

Is there a workaround for creating a nest dev account. They are not letting anyone create a new dev account for anything other than oauth for a few weeks?

It behaves exactly the same as a nest… It has zones and does sound and motion alerts.

The only thing not available is the doorbell button events and person recognition info

Try installing with out any items in there and see if it uses our embedded secret and key