[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Inside of the NST manager you will see an automation section there’s tons of things you can do

Thanks for the quick reply… let me try to re-explain (maybe I just don’t see the option)

In Automation section, it says “Set Nest Presence based on ST Modes, Presence Sensor, or Switches” but what I want to do is set ST Modes based on Nest Presence.

Just an FYI, for real, Nest is having serious issues. Getting HTTP 500 errors from their website.

1 Like

https://status.nest.com/

they were also experiencing issues 2 nights ago. they were down for 1-2 hours.

1 Like

That’s way more helpful than what I provided, stop showing me up :smiley:

1 Like

I really do think they are overhauling there API… There has been too many issues lately

3 Likes

There is a nest presence device (that will allow you to read in a smart app nest presence). This would mean you write a webcore or other SmartApp to adjust your ST modes with Nest’s status being an input.

I don’t know how accurate / up to date nest presence (I have not used it)

Assuming I know how to code a SmartApp! :joy:

My wife and I can be out of the house for a several hours and it will still show her iPhone as “present” in SmartThings, tried all kinds of troubleshooting. The Nest app can sometimes be delayed by up to an hour to trigger “Away” but that’s better than nothing. Would love the option to use the wonderful ASUSWRT Wifi Presence app to trigger home/away but I have a Netgear router, so I seem to be out of luck

Hello Everyone. I have tried this out and installed this several times to the Letter, but I still run into the same problem. When I run nest Manager, it tells me Nest Developer Data Missing. I went onto the Nest Developer Site and tried to creat my own and it told me something about maintenance and that I’d have to try again later. Did this several times with no luck.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? I’m in the US.

ST has presence capabilities with the ST (classic) mobile app, and your phones. It is important if there are two of you you use two different ST accounts (linked in ST).

So most folks use ST presence (or life360), and they use this presence to adjust the ST modes via ST routines or smart apps (like webcore).

I have not seen too many folks start with Nest presence (but it is a choice). You likely want to search for presence both in ST docs, and this forum.

WebCoRE also offers a presence sensor

If you have a Netgear R7000 router, there is a hack you can do to install AsusWRT firmwares on it. But that of course will void your warranty on your router.

And it generally works extremely well… The only issue is occasionally after iOS updates i need to open the WebCoRE app on my phone and it’s fine again.

1 Like

Just an FYI- found a potential bug in the automation smartapp. I have an automation that uses remote sensors for temperature. When I switched the remote sensor from cool only to auto it crashed (stopped loading the automation in smartthings). Error in logs was: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_fe48ee0a8b7b7202ba4c032a7054929af449e840713139abd0304dbeb3626abd.fixTempSetting() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [67.0]

I went through the code and added toDouble() to all the calls to fixTempSetting() for heat temp and that fixed it. Not sure which one was the culprit.

1 Like

Does this NST manager support Nest Hello doorbell? Or any other way to add it to SmartThings?

I’ve managed to get my Nest Hello added to SmartThings, however, whenever I try to stream the video ST crashes. I can remove the device, re-add it and it appears online but soon as I try streaming again it crashes and continues to crash every time I look at the device until I remove / re-add it.

I did go and set up the video URL in the device handler, I also validated my permissions in NEST to ensure I have read/write on my camera. Any suggestions?

FWIW, I noticed that my graphing for my Nest integration (thermostat, and virtual weather device) started having issues on Nov 4 at 6:00 am. I’ve been going in saving, and closing in the Nest Manager SmartApp, and things will work again for awhile. Prior to that is was rock solid since I set everything up in February 2018.

@clensert, what are you using for your graphing presentation (sorry if it’s been asked to you before)?

I use Grafana, with InfluxDB. There’s a great write up on it here.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/smartthings-data-visualisation-using-influxdb-and-grafana/44946

2 Likes

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn’t find the specific answer in the message board. I am behind on updating the new updates. I updated and got the client id and secret and updated in the smartthings IDE. However when I go to the NST manager automations in smartthings it mentions I need to login with my nest credentials. When I try to login it says Oops! We’ve encountered an error. Please try again. Login and password are correct.

Any help would be appreciated. As a sidenote I don’t believe I have the most recent version. I am currently using 5.2.3 and not sure if that is why.