[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Trying to update NST manager app to 5.0.9 having trouble. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

I always forget to tick the button marked “Publish” when I’m doing the update. Also, it takes two tries for me to remember that there’s Device Handlers AND SmartApps to update.

Other than that - what are the errors you’re seeing?

I’m not sure the steps in which to update.

Did you set yourself up in IDE to be able to update directly from GitHub repository or are you manually updating the SmartApps and DTHs?

Ugh half the time my reply doesn’t direct reply from my phone. See post above and we can go from there.

1 Like

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

specifically:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Applying_Updates_to_Existing_Code

1 Like

Something has broken with my configuration, and I can’t figure out what. I’m not getting any errors, through the front-end or in the logs. However, some of the data being reported by NST Manager is out of whack with the actual data from the Nest thermostat. The attached screenshot pretty much sums up my issue. Suggestions as to how I can fix it?

I let the dust settle and finally upgraded to v5 yesterday. All seems good. Thanks again for a great product.

I was hoping the humidity reading would be fixed but I see no change. For both my thermostats the humidity reading in the ST app is always a few %age points off from the reading on Nest. I realize you are at the mercy of the API-provided data but do others not see this problem? I don’t recall seeing it mentioned.

The humidity percentages are returned in increments of 5

That would explain it, thanks.

I just installed this, or should say I upgraded, and everything seemed to be working fine and then all the sudden I started getting healthcheck issues from my protect even though my Nest shows no issues. Anyone else see this.

If this hasn’t corrected itself yet open any of the devices showing offline and press the setting gear in the top right corner then press Done. Within 1-2 minutes you should see them change. This will repair the ST health mechanisms for the device.

Man…doing the GitHub Integration steps looks pretty confusing…

Updated Release: Manager: v5.0.9

V5.0.9 (May 13st, 2017):
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Manager App:
• UPDATED: Significantly Faster command processing
• UPDATED: Cleanup of out of date automation children
• UPDATED: Improved error notification
• FIXED: Small bugs and code cleanup

Automation App 5.0.5:
• UPDATED: Ability to control which cameras turn on / off with Nest Mode automation

Nest Thermostat 5.0.3
• UPDATED: added operating state fan only.
• UPDATED: added temperature settings min, max attributes.

Nest Camera: 5.0.5
strong text

PREVIOUS NOTICE: We had to make some changes to how the clientId and clientSecrets are distributed. They are no longer in the code or appData file. So this means that if you with want to clear your existing auth token and recreate you will need to be running v5.0.5+.

What would make some Nest devices become unavailable? When I first installed NST Manager, 2 Protects were unavailable, now a thermostat is unavailable. Removing and re-adding the Protects fixed it.

Thanks!

I’m getting entirely too many device offline false positives and this thread is entirely too long to read. Any chance of a FAQ to solve this problem?

We have added this to the issues section of the documentation

3 Likes

I’ve been getting a number of API Command Failed notifications lately. It’s probably only 3 or 4 a day, but enough to be annoying. I believe it started within the past week. I’m updating to 5.0.9 right now, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this? Thanks!

Oh, a quick update, I just managed to find more information… It’s saying “cannot set target temperature closer than 3.0 degrees F”. Does anyone know what that means? Closer to what? Current temperature? I’m using dual mode, maybe it means upper and closer are being set too close?

Thanks! Going to settings and clicking Done brought it back online. Much easier than removing and re-adding it!

yes, that is from nest, that the heating/cooling are too near each other. I assume you have the thermostat in auto mode ?