[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Has nest manager up and running for a while, just tried to add a 3rd nest protect, went to nest manager and couldnt get the authorization page to load and been poking around all the instructions for the last hour.

Any hints why I cant get to the authorization page?

to add additional nest devices, you need only to go to Manage/View Devices in NST Manager :slight_smile:

Thats true but the first screen wouldnt even load when you click through the app.

Update: So I got stuck at the uninstall stage for the app. Dug through the entries here and finally used the hub location > smartapps > edit > uninstall > done method

Reinstalled from scratch, all up and running again

Thanks!

Looks like Nest secret codes etc. aren’t available for the time being… Installed with community manager and went pretty flawlessly, ran into an unrelated issue because my github account needed an updated password. Other than that pretty smooth so far…

Does anyone know how I can turn off most of the log entries shown in my activity feed from NST Manager? I’ve tried turning off most of the ones I can find in the various options of NST Manager but my feed is filled all day with this stuff. I don’t need to see the “Last Connection” ones and as you can see some of the events like the heating at 2:59PM are listed twice, one with a green circle and one blank. Other unwanted logged events include “Device is idle” and “Ambient Temperature is X degrees”.

A general public service announcement:

• we see most folks updating successfully and correctly NST Manager and associated components.

In a few cases, we see folks only updating NST Manager (but not the DTH’s or Automations).

It is important when updating, to update all components for the release.

• This is most easily done using the community installer
  • It is pretty straightforward if you use github directly, just need to ensure to update the smartapps AND the DTHs
  • doing this manually works, but requires one to carefully update each / all components - so this can be error prone in that you may forget / skip some step or component.

It is important to be running the current release - in the notes above ST made platform upgrades (including to groovy compiler) that require running latest code to avoid errors, failures, etc. These platform upgrades were “pushed out”, so many different apps (including NST manager) were caught by some of the language / compiler changes.

3 Likes

This won’t be helpful at all, but wanted to give an update.

Around 5.4.x release, there was a bug that inadvertently deleted virtual thermostat devices. They weren’t re-added until you went into each automation and re-saved. This was problematic because the devices were also removed from any apps that may have used the vThermostats (webcore, actiontiles, influxlogger, etc), so you also had to go into each of those apps and re-add the devices.

@tonesto7 and @E_Sch acknowledged the issue here [RELEASE] NST Manager v5.0 and then the issue was fixed around Aug 20th. I took at least 2 releases post-fix with no issue. vThermostats were not deleted and I didn’t have to go into other apps to re-add devices.

Today, I took the latest update (5.5.2), installed via community installer. After installation, 1 of my 2 vThermostats were deleted, forcing me to add it back to all other apps, the other persisted. Of course, this makes no sense - why would only one of the two get deleted? I thought we were past the bug so I didn’t capture any logging, sorry about that. Just wanted to report what I was seeing.

Just looked at mine and one of the three are no longer there…Crap this is going to be a pain

What is interesting when you go the the Tstat that it is associated with all the automation is still there.

Just figured out how to get it back. Go back to the original Tstat. Go into like you are going to creat a new tstat and Mine was still there. I made a change, saved it and it was back on the list. Went back and change it back and save it again and now it should show back up

1 Like

I got it back that way too but still had to re-add it to all of my other apps (ActionTiles - which is the biggest pain because you have to remove the old, dead vThermostat and replace with the newly created one, InfluxDBlogger, and WebCore.)

I just realized that the thermostat integration hasn’t been working for a few weeks. I went to login to nest developer console and had to accept new t&c, and after accepting, it started working again.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
I’m getting a similar notification as well on my iPhone using smartthings classic app.

Nest Manager Update(s) are Available:
Presence: V5.4.2
Thermostat: v5.4.2
Weather App: v5.4.2

Please visit the IDE to Update code.

from my desktop, I have gone and updated the code from repo.
On mobile, in the smart things app>Automation>NST Manager I see Nest Manager version 5.5.2 Updated: 09-19-2018

The notifications still keep on coming. How do I rectify this?

Did you click on the checkbox to publish those updates? That has skunked me a few times.

Those notices are asking to update the dth’s for nest manager (so you you did the app, also update the device handlers)

I need some advice on integrating eTRVs into my automations please :slight_smile:

I love the Nest automations for giving me all the different options I need to accurately set rules but currently as far as I can see a rule being active will just turn the heating on in all rooms in my house? (UK so just boiler with radiators for heating with no zoning). Every room has an eTRV that’s integrated with SmartThings and I can change the set point of each one but I don’t think I can do that through Nest Manager?

So a use case is that I want the heating to come on early in the morning if my bedroom is cold but I only want it to heat the bedroom and bathroom, not the office as I won’t be working there for a few hours. I can stop it heating if I can get it to change the set point on the eTRVs in those rooms?

Also is it possible to have multiple rules active at the same time? So I have a virtual presence sensor that I use when I have guests over, I’d like to additionally have the guest room also get heated in the morning if there’s someone staying over.

Hi,

I set up my Nest Manager over a year ago and landed on version 4.4.2. I know I’m a ways behind, as I now see in the app that the latest version is 5.5.2. I am trying to upgrade through the IDE, but I can’t seem to make it happen. I have connected to GitHub, and when I tried “Update From Repo”, I was able to install the “NST Automations” app, but I can’t seem to get the “Nest Manager” app to update. I did something and it turned from green to purple in the IDE, but I can’t tell what that means or how to undo it. Please see a screenshot of my “My SmartApps” screen:

Any advice?

Thanks,
Dave

I was able to revert local changes, but now it looks like this:

I’m not sure what the Edited state means or why the magnifying glass moved to the Status column

Is this not possible to fully install at this time?

When I go to the part where I have to create a nest developer account the site says

“Thank you for your interest in the Works with Nest program. We’re upgrading our systems and will not accept new client reviews during this time. Please check back in a few weeks. If you have an urgent issue, please message us through the developer console.”

Answer to my own question, it is just labeled differently than the instructions show. All is well.

@jayhos - I went through the same thing yesterday before finding this post (thanks for writing b/c I was confused as well!).

To follow on - you can create the account, and even though the new UI on the Nest developer page is a little different than what it is in the NST Manager installation instructions, with a little bit of effort I was able to follow the bouncing ball so to speak and figure it out.

Now I’m off to figure out what I can do with :).

So I’m in the market to buy a smoke detector or two and since Halo is now gone, I’m looking for other options for hardwired units that can connect to SmartThings. Albeit convoluted, what’s the current status of the Nest Protect? I tried reading through this thread but don’t feel I have a good sense of the state of things NOW.