[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

@tonesto7
The Nest Manager 5.3.9 app still seems to complain about NST Storage when being setup although I see above a note from the author that it is no longer required. (It is not on the GitHub anymore.)

What is the source of the weather data for this app, is this configurable? It is reporting a significantly different temperature to what I believe to be the correct outdoor temperature at my home. The internal temperature as reported from the Nest thermostat does look accurate.

The app is reporting outdoor temperate as 23˚C whereas in reality it is between 28 and 29˚C currently.

Ah, looking at the info displayed for “Nest Weather (00000)” I can see location listed as “Merton, Gla”. Perhaps it is looking up the wrong location. For the benefit of Americans, I am located in the town of Wimbledon (where the world famous Tennis event occurs) which is in ‘Greater London’. Wimbledon however is also considered to be in the London borough of Merton. I am not sure what Gla is supposed to be the only thing I can think of that would have some relevance is ‘Greater London Authority’ but this is a political entity not a geographic entity. If for example it was treating the location as Merton in Wisconsin obviously the data would be wrong.

Since Greater London is more than double the geographic size of New York it is important to use a more local location definition than say simply ‘London’ as one part of London could and would have significantly different weather to another part. Apple really get this wrong in their weather app, they only list the whole of Greater London under the name of London. For New York they at least sub-divide it to the world famous five boroughs of Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens and Brooklyn.

@tonesto7 is it just me or is their api having an issue?

I’m not seeing that on mine, but definitely seen that happen before… That’s something i’ve been chasing for a while. It’s very hard to catch even with recording all of the logs. Are you running the node stream service?

What’s the node stream service?

Nope. What stopped it was opening the nest app on my phone and my wife’s phone.

I’m seeing something similar. Lots of api rate limiting. Seems to have begun around the same time as the update to remove contacts. And yes, I am running the node streaming service.

I would suggest ensure you are running the latest version

if you can get into the UI, go into nest mgr in the ST mobile app and hit done.

If you are having trouble getting into the UI, go into the IDE:
My locations -> select your location -> List Smartapps -> NST Mgr, and hit the update button next to nest manager (only next to nst mgr)

How do I setup nest whit the new Samsung smartthings ide Nest Manager.

can’t connect to device. check device and try again. I’m not useing the Classic app.

I checked and the version is up to date. Do you know what the API limit is? Could I really be hitting it? Is that something I can look at in the Nest Developer portal? I’ll take a look there. Is there a way to backup automations? If so, I could remove the smartapp and re-add it to see if that helps.

Nest documents they have a limit, but not the details. My own observation is it is pretty low, you get a couple, then after that think like 1 per minute or longer.

For a temperature automation, what would limit the number of requests most? A bigger Threshold? I’m pretty sensitive to the temperature so I was keeping it at 1 degree. Disable motion sensors?

If you are sending more than 10 commands in an hour, odds are you will have problems with Nest…

I suggest you re-think you automation to be as stingy as possible with commands that go to Nest.

I’m getting these errors for my cameras. Not sure when they started or even if they matter. I was looking at the logs for reliability/timing testing for NST streaming with motion/sound events.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: physicalgraph.device.DeviceTypeExecutorBase$_closure5.doCall() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, java.lang.SecurityException) values: [processEvent Exception: Getting properties on class org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException is not allowed, …]
Possible solutions: doCall(), doCall(java.lang.Object), call(), call([Ljava.lang.Object;), call(java.lang.Object), findAll() @line 354 (processEvent)

can you confirm the version of the device handler code?

I’m having the same problem , someone can help me?

Do you have the Nest Mode automation active in NST?
In my experience Nest stops honoring it’s devices that are used to set home/away settings and it gets into a battle with the Nest Mode automation until it starts rate limiting

I have Nest Mode automation active in Nst

If you go under the Nest mobile app and look at devices used in home/away assist I bet that’s the issue

what i need to do to fix this ? and is showing me this now

error | NST Manager (v5.4.0) | nestCmdResponse error - (Status: 429 - blocked) - [ErrorLink: https://developer.nest.com/documentation/cloud/error-messages#blocked]

d3501bbd-1e24-43fc-b94a-1685706be595 1:49:35 PM: error | NST Manager (v5.4.0) |
The (nestCmdResponse 0 (devices/thermostats{hvac_mode:cool})) CMD sent to the API has failed.