[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for as well. With the new smartthings app, I could not access Nest Manager.

Was this fixed? I haven’t seen it explicitly mentioned in posts since yours.

I’m getting the update nags but waiting until I know this is good.

1 Like

Mine still crashes and I have not seen any updates.

1 Like

Okay thanks. No update for me then.

@tonesto7

Can you do a screen recording on your iPhone of the process and the crash and PM me?

same for me keeps crashing on iOS , just updated to the latest version

@tonesto7

here the screen recording…

another things noticed … Can’t see anymore Nest items (Cam+Thermostat) in my Home’s devices on IDE
Shame i can’t play with them on webcore too

i have last version of Nest Manager just installed…

same for me

Hi folks, I’ve noticed recently that the nest mode switching from home to away is taking around an hour to execute after the smartthings home/away status has triggered.

Any advice on how to improve this? Or is it a bug?

Graham

Does anyone know why all of a sudden, I would be unable to update from repo in my ide?

I have done this a 100 times before in the past. Now when I go in my IDE I see none of the apps in my dropdown. I keep getting notified to update Nest Manager; but cant seem to figure out how to do it, if there is nothing in the repo?

I have never had an issue like this, and have updated 100s of times this way.Capture

I must admit I don’t like to read documentation (so please no RTFM)…Can someone give me the run down of what this section means?

@tonesto updated smartthings login info into Samsung account as instructed by Smartthings classic app. After that, my NST Manager stop working. No updates from Nest or my Virtual Thermostat stop refreshing. Uninstalled NST Manager and reinstalled but unsuccessful. Error regarding storage app not installed. NST Manager won’t finish setup, physical devices pending installation. Won’t proceed to automation setup. Please help.

Storage App is no longer required in the latest version… Its code has been merged into the automation file for simplicity

Oh boy it’s nice to see that they fixed the account migration issues in the last 6 months…

I would try updating all of your app/device code to the latest versions and if that doesn’t help then you will need to do a complete reinstall.
If your app data didn’t fully migrate to the new account then your current install is screwed

1 Like

complete reinstall, meaning delete my NST smartapp and device handlers in the IDE? Did that already and it says successful and automating but no thermostat got installed and stayed physical device install pending. No thermostat, no weather and presence device that got installed. App did not proceed installing NST automation and still shows storage app not installed error.

Please advise. Thanks.

without seeing any errors in the Live Logs in the IDE it’s impossible to tell you what to do. With ST it’s very difficult to tell if its a code issue or a momentary platform issue.

Yes but we need to debug anyway… how to ?

I am having the same issue as in the video above. The install is fresh, most current versions of everything run on the iOS classic app, credentials and permissions triple checked. Thermostat works perfectly, shows the status of the camera as streaming, but when I select the camera, the app crashes.

Telling people that you can’t be bothered to read the manual is not going to endear people to help you, quite likely why you haven’t received a response in a week.

5 Likes

And you are on iOS as well?