[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

It would be good to see logs to understand what is happening.

I have seen folks have nests “home/away assist” be enabled on some devices (commonly if you add new nest equipment), and I have seen a couple of things happen:

• a) home away assist starts “flip flopping”, so it sends a lot of changes into Nest mgr
  • b) if you have an automation (built in Nest manager, or other automations WebCoRE, etc) monitoring home away or modes, they can start sending a lot of commands during a “flip flop episode” that causes api commands to exceed limits (ie fail).

Without seeing longs, above is just guesses. IDE logs are best. Sometime hitting save can clear it up, sometimes you have to ensure “two more more automations stop fighting it out”. (ie watch nest mode (built in), WebCoRE, and home away assist)

Where do I find the logs and how should I get them to you?

Logs are in the IDE -> “Live Logging”

best way to share is cut/paste in a private message in the forum app

If things works some, you can enable the diagnostic web page, and send the link via a private message. This assumes you get into the Nest Manager app.

Thanks Eric. The log told me everything I needed to know. I just hadn’t added Nest storage App. Once added, everything is working. sorry for the bother.

What is the nest storage app?

EDIT - NM, I looked in the Github repo and there was a new app for storage. Added and published it and now everything works! Woot!

1 Like

I don’t know how to install the Nest Manager could someone please provide instructions

try following the instructions on the thingsthataresmart wiki page

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as ciscosurplus. Both with the community installer and manual installation none of the settings fields are showing. Just “Add setting definitions in the source code and then set the values here”.

I had to save and publish a few times and then the field just appeared again.

Thanks for reminding me about the stupid missing settings inputs. I need to fix that in the community installer

Hi,

Sorry if its a stupid question. but can some one please explain how to create a “Client ID and secret”? When i open it it says they are missing.

I appreciate your help.

Regards

You need a Nest Developer Account. Here are the instructions…

Thank you so much for your prompt response. :slight_smile:

i’m still stuck. my NST manager appears as if it’s working. but it’s not. when I try to use my action tiles, and verify that the temperature changed. it hasn’t. I still am getting an access denied error! and I even created a new developer account and got a new token. still not working. if anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

it would be good to post IDE logs as a private message.

You should look at the IDE logs to see if there are errors, and what the messages are.

I get this same “Something’s Wrong” error after updating everything. Did you manage to fix it?

@impee Did you install the Storage smartapp when you performed the update?

Just an FYI it was stupid of me to add a third file in for storage.
This has been remedied in the upcoming release.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Where do you add the storage app? Thanks.

@impee once I added and published the storage smartapp everything worked fine.

1 Like

Thanks to tonesto7 for this great code! I am new to Nest Manager and am installing the latest release for the first time. I am having a few basic problems installing the code into Smartthings IDE.

1. I used my current github integration to do the installation.
  2. I clicked the publish checkbox and installed all three modules (Manager, Automations, Storage).
  3. I went to enable OAuth and I got a 505 error message “You do not have permission to view this page”
  4. I tried to delete them and either got the above of a 500 Internal Server error.

So, I’m stuck before I’ve started unfortunately. Has anyone else encountered these issues?

• David