[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Nothing on my problem :frowning:
I fallow this guide exactly but no lock is error on smart app about Client ID: and Client Secret

“Using Git Integration
Enabling the GitHub Integration in the IDE is by far the easiest way to install and get the latest updates for NST Manager, Automations, Presence, Protect, Thermostat, and Weather devices.
To enable Git integration (one time configuration) under the IDE please visit here for instructions: IDE GitHub Integration Instructions”

Did you set up your Nest Developer Account?

No
Do I need that to make it work?

Yes, it is required

Is asking me about company name and company url I do not have that
Maybe I’m on wrong webside

Just make it up

ok thx will try :slight_smile:

Thank you guys very much is all working now :grinning:

@tonesto7 Really enjoying this app integration, especially with my action tiles. Have you been able to find a way to add the Nest remote sensors?

Thanks!

1 Like

Nest has not added their remote sensors to the API yet. So we are not aware if they are there (or not), and we cannot report anything about them at this time

Does this also work with the Nest Hello doorbell? Specifically I’d like to be able to trigger other actions when the doorbell is pushed.

The simple answer is no… Nest seems to really drag their feet when it comes to API changes. They didn’t even add any access to the temperature sensors yet

I keep getting notifications that there is a new version: v5.3.7 but when I go into my IDE and check for update it shows no updates. I’ve used github integration with WebCore/core and it has always worked for me. Any ideas what would cause this?

After updating in IDE, did you open NST Manager in the ST app and click Save at the top?

I recently decided to try to re-install NST manager (had it previously but had various issues)

I followed the instructions, its published, Oauth is enabled, I have a Nest developer account with it setup.

I can’t open the app on market place as I get
“ClientID and Secret are both missing”

So reading the thread here I go in the in IDE, edit the app but under settings I can’t add the clientID etc as it says

“Settings
Add setting definitions in the source code and then set the values here”

So can’t input anything at all. Any ideas?

Did you use the community installer to install it?

This time I did yes

I also tried removing everything and adding from from code and got the same result.

@tonesto7 Hi NST Manager has been working fine but recently I started getting an error when trying to access the smartapp. Where should I look for solutions?

Mine is loading okay in the classic ST app, that being said about 5 minutes after leaving the house I got a WHOLE load of notifications from ST on my phone in my pocket which turned out to be the usual Nest Manager API CMD Failed being spammed multiple times, along with devices offline and now “NST Automations?Nest Manager has updated settings”.

The API CMD Failed still seems to be happening so I don’t know if there’s an issue either with the Nest platform, the ST platform or my house. For a second while driving I was terrified the house was on fire because of the number of notifications spamming my phone…

Same here. It’s been working for the last few months with my Nest Developer account. Now I get the “something’s wrong” page. Note to ST - “Something’s Wrong” doesn’t tell us a whole lot.