[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Made some updates to the wiki.

1 Like

I’m not sure why i haven’t been getting notifications for this topic anymore… Sorry i’m late to the game…

I’m having some trouble viewing the live camera feed from my Nest Hello. I’m able to see the device and see the clips it makes when there’s motion, etc., but can’t get the live feed to play. It just says either couldn’t connect to the livestream url or Camera unavailable.

Is there a setting I missed?

Edit: I was missing that you need to enable Public Sharing for your camera via the nest website.

I’ve wiped out and installed this from scratch as I was using a way old version and just got the Nest Hello. I’ve installed it from the Community applications (found out about that the other day great job on that, BTW)
I’m stuck on the section where the install says to copy/paste your Client ID/ Secret ID into the app on the IDE. If I click on the “Settings” section like it says in the instructions to paste the information in, there is nowhere for me to paste. The screenshots of the instructions do not match what I have in the IDE.

I have an ecobee4 in my downstairs heat/cooling zone.
I am considering a Nest for the upstairs zone, which is cooling only.

The concept I’m thinking about goes something like this:

• turn the Nest up when we get out of bed, to say 80. So it will only begin cooling the upstairs zone during the day if it reaches 80.
  • turn the Nest down, perhaps to 77, when arriving home. This makes it palatable to be upstairs.
  • turn the Nest down when we go to bed, to perhaps 73. Nice sleeping temperature.
    (Let it learn our patterns, weekdays and weekends.)

On the Ecobee, set up a Comfort Setting called “Upstairs AC on”.
That setting will not turn on the heat unless the downstairs temperature falls below, say, 65.

Then… via webcore, set up a piston such that
IF
Nest is in Cooling mode
THEN
Set the Ecobee comfort setting to “Upstairs AC On”.

This will ensure that the downstairs heat and upstairs AC are never on simultaneously**.
So my question for NST Manager experts: does the NST DTH expose that status to WebCore so that such decisions can be made based on that status?

** of course, have a piston that returns ecobee to its scheduled comfort setting when the Nest is no longer in Cooling mode.

I need help figuring out how to set ECO mode using NST manager.

What i want to happen is to keep my COMFORTABLE INNER TEMP @70.

So i set my ECO settings i have set are

So that when the external temp is @ 60 or lower the ECO setting should kick in and if higher than 60, well then the house AC should be kicking in and cooling.

Other pertinent settings that i have set

I am just not sure if i have the right settings.

Thanks for the help.

With you desired temp to be 70, and you want the AC to “be available” unless outside is 60 or less, then the desired and external at 10 seems correct.

On the desired and internal, if the house was 78 inside, and it is 60 or less outside, do you want the AC to be on or off? The setting for internal you made says if inside is 80, desired is 70 and outside is 60, you want the AC off. So you need to decide if the how warm can the the house be when you shutdown the AC. You might want this setting lower than 10.

I want the internal temps maintained @70 and for the AC to kick in… would 1 be an ideal number?

Thank you much.

yes a smaller number for desired and internal difference

Hi
I have hub working using with ForterzZ Flow meter works well
Now I want hookup my nest outdoor camera so I install NST manager Using Git Integration and I did OAuth setup and I can see Client ID: and Client Secret in IDE but have error on my iPhone “Are both missing” Please help

Is anyone else having an issue with the SmartApp saying “Something’s Wrong”? It just started the other day I’m trying to add another Nest Protect to Smartthings.

Are you using the SmartThings Classic mobile app?

I can’t open any of my installed smart apps under the New Mobile

I am using the classic. The new mobile app is useless at this point.

I got it all sorted. After looking through the logs I found that the NST storage SmartApp wasn’t installed. Not sure why it was uninstalled.

Hi! Every time I try to change the name of my Nest devices in the SmartThings Classic app, they revert back to the names NST Manager gave them. Is this a bug or expected behavior, I’m trying to rename Nest Camera- Front Door to Front Door Camera. Any suggestions on making my renames stick? Thanks in advance.

Open the NST Manager app located in Automation. Click on Device Customization then choose Device Names. You can modify the names there.

1 Like

Thank you jkp! And thank you tonesto7 for all of your work on this!

1 Like

Hmm, I tap through to this location. I have the option for NST Manager to update device names, but I can’t tap the devices. They show, but are not selectable.

Did you enable assign custom names at the top of that screen?

1 Like

Well of course not. That would require some degree of intelligence on my part :confused:

Works now :wink:

Thanks