[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

You aren’t the only one on this. I’ve been having the same issues. Not sure where the issue lies at the moment. What happens when you use the Nest app? Does the same thing happen? I have two zones and I’ve seen one zone go into Eco and the other not. Or both refuse to go into Eco unless you cycle the home/away in the Nest app.

Nest Manager will let you know there are updates, or when you go in the IDE.

An installed version should not stop working. It could happen as Nest changes APIs, but not likely.

1 Like

The Nest App shows Away but the AC continues to run (as if I am home, i.e cooling at 76). It sometimes goes into eco mode when cycling between home and away on the Nest App but not always. I had two locations for Nest and SmartThing’s. One has 6 zones and the other has one, I have seen similar behavior for both locations.

Update: I have a similar experience with the Nest Cam, I continue to receive notifications while I am at home when I have it to only send them in away mode.

1 Like

Nest has a feature called home/away assist, which is suppose to move your house into eco mode when you are away.

You have to enable this in your Nest Mobile or in the Nest Web site.

Some folks have experienced issues with home/away assist coming out of eco mode, even though you are still away.

This has been reported a bit in the nest developer community site.

You can enable the NestMode automation in NST Manager to monitor the eco state while you are away, or to have it set the Nest to Eco when ST has you as away.

You should check if you have home/away assist enabled or not, and I suggest at least enabling Nest Mode to monitor / notify you on coming out of eco while Nest is “away”

1 Like

Thanks, I was renaming the device directly. After changing in NST Manager, the rename took.

Thanks again

1 Like

Can someone please remind me how to add a second device to the hub?

I had to remove one device and now I can not add the device back to my hub. It isn’t identifying it.

I’m having an issue where my thermostats aren’t responding. The settings in NST don’t match the Nest app and aren’t adjustable through Smartthings and NST Manager. Please see screen shots below. I thought update to 5.0.8 would fix the issue but it hasn’t.

Downstairs Tstat (Actual):

Downstairs Tstat (NST):

Upstairs Tstat (Actual):

Upstairs Tstat (NST):

Please Help! My automations aren’t working because of this issue.

This isn’t a code issue. It’s a side effect of using ST. Open the manager app and press done while you have ide logs open. Look for errors

OK i just tried that. Things are adjustable but it’s still not in sync with Nest.

Edit: strangely it says my device type is 4.5.1 and that a device update is available however all updates have been posted and i’m running 5.0.8.

And whatever this means:

First time writing here, and first things first: thank you for this great SmartApp and for your work in our benefit.

Everything’s working for me, but today I modified my thermostat automation config. I mistakenly modified the Cool Set Point of one of my schedules, and set it to 27,5 C (see the comma instead of the decimal point) I don’t remember the exact secuence that I used, but the system saved that value in my Cool Set Point, I think it said there was some error, but I don’t remember.

From that point, I was unable to modify the Thermostat Automation Config. The app did nothing (apparently) when I tap to modify. After live logging my system, I got this error message:

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: scriptxxxxxxxxxxx(big number).roundTemp() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [27,5]
Possible solutions: roundTemp(java.lang.Double) @ line 5680

I was able to solve the problem forcing ctemp:to 27 in line 5694 of the NST Automations code, inside the “newScd = cleanUpMap([” call in line 5680, as the error stated. Once done, I went back to the app, modified the Cool Set Point in the schedule, saved, and restore code to it’s original state.

Luckily it worked, but I think it’s something you should know in order to try to solve the problem for other users.

Again, thank you guys for all this wonderful work!

Did you publish the device handlers when you updated?

interesting. Seems like you found another ST bug, as the input we request (that they validate) is a decimal number.

I think you should report this to ST. What mobile platform are you on when editing the value in NST manager? Android?

Thank you for your clarification. I’ll report it as you suggest. I use both platforms, but this time I used iOs.

As I expected, completely useless ST support. here’s their answer:

Thank you very much for reaching out to SmartThings Support and I hope this message finds you well.

I appreciate you sending this information over and I will most definitely make sure to pass this information on to our Developers for future development. This type of feedback is instrumental in how we shape SmartThings. Although, SmartThings doesn’t officially support Nest just yet this custom integration does report to work well but can run into bugs from time to time because it’s not officially tested to meet our standards of quality.

In this situation, it would be your best bet to reach back out to the developer who created this integration for additional troubleshooting and workarounds.

This is definitely something we’re going to monitor moving forward, and we will follow up with you should we require more information.

Anyway, Thank you Eric.

I guess they missed the point that they have an issue with their
input method using “decimal”, that they allowed a non-decimal in their checking…

I don’t see how we can fix using a documented method, that does the wrong thing…

I love this line. Testing and standards of quality. LOL… There lack of testing is what allowed this input bug to exist.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who finds that statement condescending? I mean Smartthings is full of bugs as a platform and an app and implying that community apps are by default inferior is somewhat much. Just look at the two latest mobile releases and how their high quality testing missed the most basic of font size rendering issues?

1 Like

Or the fact you can’t use a 12 hour clock with the app even though I have repeatedly brought that up to them. It defaults back to am time if you use a pm time

Are you talking about the ST Mobile app or NST?

ST mobile app on iOS