[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Thank you, I did some more work and was able to get it installed, im still trying to figure out to control my Nest thermostat from my mobile device.

@Gorilla
Read the Wiki instructions and follow them closely
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

Should help you to get up and running

1 Like

I love this app but I can’t ever get one thing to work. When I use a Routine to set the heat and cool temp and my nest is in Auto mode, the routine only sets the heat temp. Anyone else have this issue?

Another thing I noticed is that the Nest thermostat device in the My Home Things tab in the Smarthings app shows the temps for cool and heat that the Routine sets but the Nest mobile app and the thermostat itself does not show the updated cool value.

When the thermostat is in auto mode, you need to set coolingSetpoint AND heatingsetpoint if you want to change the auto temps.

Nest requires that coolingSetpoint is always > heatingsetpoint, so you need to set them in “right order”, otherwise nest will reject the command.

When not in auto, you can use thermostatSetpoint and it will set coolingSetpoint or heatingSetpoint depending on what mode the hvac system is in. Of course you can use coolingSetpoint or heatingSetpoint also here.

Any of y’all know how to control the temp with Core? I’ve seen using some of the commands in the forums but they don’t work right. I need to be able to go up and down a certain amount.

Question: I am starting to create webCoREs based upon the weather and I would like to pull in the variable for the forecast from the Nest Weather Device.

Do you know how I could pull in the forecast that reads, for example “Partly cloudy skies. Low 76F. Winds SE at 10 to 20mph.?”

I don’t think the forecast is a dth attribute.

You can see the attributes when you go into the IDE:

My Devices -> select the weather device

you will see the list of attributes, which is what other SmartApps can choose to read.

Nearest attribute I see today is the forecastIcon which are strings like “partlycloudy”

Anyone else receiving Nest offline and failed cmd messages today? I got quite a few.

I’m not seeing any issues today, and all devices are accessible and being reported on. Status looks good on SmartThings and Nest as well:

http://status.smartthings.com

Yep[quote=“Mbhforum, post:275, topic:83228, full:true”]
Anyone else receiving Nest offline and failed cmd messages today? I got quite a few.
[/quote]

Yep, had some myself.

Odd. I haven’t haven’t seen anything. I wonder if it’s a regional thing.

My Nest goes to away but my AC continues to run. Sometimes it stays on and sometimes it goes to Eco mode.

Had more offline message overnight. They self correct next connection attempt. Happened on some of my thermostats and Protect. I believe this started happening after the last update.

I had this happen yesterday. The data I saw came from Nest. I expect they are doing updates in their cloud

PREVIOUS NOTICE: We had to make some changes to how the clientId and clientSecrets are distributed. They are no longer in the code or appData file. So this means that if you with want to clear your existing auth token and recreate you will need to be running v5.0.5+.

FYI: This change will have no effect on existing installs

Updated: Manager: v5.0.8

Manager App:
• UPDATED: Detects and notifies on installation issues
• FIXED: Small bugs and optimization; Quieting of logs

Automation App: v5.0.4
• FIXED: Quieting of logs; small bugs and optimizations

Updated: Weather v5.0.4
Updated: Thermostat v5.0.2
Updated: Protect v5.0.2
Updated: Camera v5.0.4

UPDATED: Quieting of Logs

Over the last few releases, I’ve been unable to rename my devices again (Protect, Thermostat and Weather). Whenever I rename “Nest Weather - 00000” to “Outside Weather”, it renames back to “Nest Weather - 00000” on the next update of the device. Just reporting the bug…

Thanks

You can rename devices in several locations:

• in the dth
  • in NST Manager

If you do this in the dth, you should turn off the NST manager updates: (or you can make the change in NST Manager)

NST Manager -> Application Preferences -> Device Customization -> Device Names

This is to allow you to update names in one place. If you want to do naming in DTH (or IDE), turn off
NST Manager updates Device Names

1 Like

I am thinking about trying to install this and it will be my first time installing something like this on smartthings. So far I have just added things that are automatically detected.

Is this an install and forget? As in, if I install this one do I have to keep installing updates or will it just update for me or are updates not necessary?

community provided devices have to be updated - (they don’t auto-update)

If you use github, it is pretty easy (but not as easy as the marketplace…)

See the docs:

Thanks. I have to start at the beginning as this is all new. Will it notify me they an upset is available/required or does it just stop working?