[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

The $5 only makes sense when you have 1 camera. I have two Nest locations…one location has 1 camera while the other has 7 cameras. I will probably get the $5 for my one camera location but leave the $10 one for my multi-cam location.

For my 7 cameras:
5-day is $312 annually.
10-day is $480 annually.

So $169 in savings…should I switch??

So two locations:

Let’s use the 5 day model ($5 per month)

1st Location

1 camera:

$5 x 12 = $60 or $50 up front for 12 months

2nd Location

Camera 1 = $5 x 12 = $60 or $50 up front for 12 months
Cams 2-6 = $3 x 6 cams = $18 per month x 12 = $216

So a total of $316 if you pay the main subscriptions up front for $50 a piece. You get two months free for the Main cameras.

My question is this. For the secondary cameras, if you pay the subscription up front, do you get $36 off there as well (2 months)?

That’s would be a total of $280 if you paid up front for the entire year and if they do the paid up front discount for ALL cameras.

As for the 10 day, most people don’t need this much storage as 5 days under normal circumstances works fine to reflect back on.

So I finally had to create a Nest dev account and start over. Was dreading it since over time my automations get so intermingled… but it all worked perfect after about an hour of work.

Once the second thermostat showed up, I deleted my original or “old” thermostat, and now every thing has been working flawlessly. Im still baffled.

Wow that is just to crazy per year. Get regular cameras, use BlueIris, with an old tired PC, and save a lot of money and you can link to ST. After a few years I would have paid for a complete new system.

1 Like

I am willing to switch over if I can find a decent IP camera viewer. Nest is not perfect but they seem to have the best interface (with the mobile app)>

Blueiris has both a mobile and computer interface that works very well

So, under settings I’m missing the key/pair value fields, I just have …

Add setting definitions in the source code and then set the values here

Any help appreciated.

Nevermind - I think it was because I used the Community Installer, I pasted the Nest Manager code from the repo and they appeared.

1 Like

Got the App installed, but I am getting an Nest Developer Data Missing, Client ID and Secret are both missing!
How can I fix this? I have Oauth enabled.

Did you follow the guide for setting up your Nest Developer Account?

I did not, but I am doing it now. I try to Create product, and I am getting:

“Something went wrong, Please try again later. Redirect_url is not a valid URL

Make sure there are no empty spaces before/after the URL

Empty space after the URL was the culprit. Thanks!

Got it setup. But I am still getting the Nest Developer Data Missing, Client ID and Secret are both missing

The Nest Developer account would generate the two items. You would need to login to IDE, edit the Nest Manager smartapp, click on app settings and then look for the settings section and enter the info there. You should be set to go after that. Open the nst manager app in ST Automation and login to your Nest account and accept authorization.

That’s what I did. I got the product ID and the Secret ID. I went into the IDE and entered this info into the Nest Manger Smartapp. I then went into the ST Automation to Nest Manager to continue, but I am still getting the data missing message

No empty spaces in those fields when you entered them?

No, I double checked to make sure.

Open ST: Automation: NST Manager then click save at the top. Then reopen the app.

I did this and I am still getting the same results