[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Nothing is going to show in NST Manager under Settings in the IDE until you copy/paste your Product ID and Secret into the clientID and clientSecret fields.

Thats in the instructions for creating your Nest Developer Account.

Thanks for reply but where i have to paste my Product ID and Secret, look at the image, is what i see

Thanks

I’m not sure what SmartApp you are editing.

Show me the entire screen from that page you are on.

Did you already Save and Publish / For Me?

If this was for the NST Manager code, there would be 3 fields listed under Settings.

And what url are you in while logged into IDE? graph.api… / na02-useast1… / eu01-euwest…

You figure it out?

I edit the NEST manager SmartApp
I have no fields under Settings
Already publish for me
URL: https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/
Thanks

Did you manually copy and paste the code into IDE or did you update from Repository?

It should look just like this:

If you click on Code in upper right corner. Scroll down inside the code. What does the app version and date show?

def appVersion() { “5.3.2” }
def appVerDate() { “01-13-2018” }

i do update from Repository

version

def appVersion() { “5.3.5” }
def appVerDate() { “02-11-2018” }

I am running a cpl versions behind in beta.

I know the developer updated the code after last week to be able to use the autogenerated token again.

Leave that alone for now. Have you completed everything else as far as the instructions go?

Did you OAuth enable NST Manager already? Created and Published NST Automations (no OAuth)? All your Device Handlers have been created and published?

Let me know when you are done with everything else before you goto Marketplace to install.

I complete every step, OAuth enable in NST, NST automation created and published, device handler created. But in automation/SmartApps , NST manage tell me Client ID et Secret missing and im block!

Show me a screenshot of the SmartApps page from IDE so I can see all the columns.

Just the Main page listing all your SmartApps.

ITS WORKING! And just copy code back, save and publish again!

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like

:tada: Excellent!

Have fun :slight_smile:

Hi all. I found this other topic concerning the authorization errors:

A suggestion in that topic worked for me. Specifically, open the ST IDE in a Chrome incognito window instead of a regular Chrome window. FWIW, I was also having problems creating new devices and editing existing devices in the IDE. Using an incognito window solved these issues.

I also have a ticket open with ST Support.

1 Like

I have a problem. NST Manager was not working so I tried to remove it. It didn’t go well. Now I finally have the NST Manager removed but I can’t get the NST Automations removed and I have 5 instances of them listed under Automation - SmartApps tab in the Smarthings Mobile App. I can’t seem to fig
ure out how to get it out.

FYI… in case anyone is running across this error. I got this working again by shortening the name of the thermostat in the Nest app. ST must have added a character limit that was preventing NST manager from accessing the device. Shorter name and I’m back in business.

you may have devices still in use. i.e. THERMOSTAT on an ECO mode automation.

Try to remove these devices either through your smartapps > things or through your DTH >> MY DEVICES

From what i can tell i have everything setup correctly. The app in general was working for me perfectly for over a year. Now im getting this error. And last data received is Feb 8th. Is this related to Nest screwing everything up or do i have a legit problem? Because from what i can tell it just up and stopped working, as ive made no changes.

47314ca8-4f8e-405f-8201-e385cd069c86 9:35:41 AM: error | NST Manager | nestCmdResponse error - (Status: 404 - Not Found) - [ErrorLink: https://developer.nest.com/documentation/cloud/error-messages#not-found]
47314ca8-4f8e-405f-8201-e385cd069c86 9:35:41 AM: error NST Manager | Logger Error - type: error | msg: null | logSrc: Manager

Hmmm… I just noticed that my devices weren’t updating. Not sure how long it had been that way. When I opened up one of the devices (Nest Weather) it said update was available. So, I did the git repo update of devices and apps.

But I got into NST Manager and I see Nest Developer Client ID / Secret missing.

So I created a nest app per instructions and got my ID/secret. But i can’t figure out where to put them. I am looking at the app code for NST Manager, but it isn’t obvious… to me anyway… Sorry it is actually IS obvious…

Thanks!

Edit the NST Manager in IDE, click on the app settings button, then locate the settings section.

Is it possible to Add Multiple Nest’s to NST Manager.
I have Two Houses under my Nest Account and have
1 x Nest in House 1 (Annex)
2 x Nest in House 2 (Main House)

at the moment, NST manager is only recognising the 1st Nest House 1 (Annex).

Thx