[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

OAuth should not be enabled for the NST Automations SmartApp in IDE (Published Only).

You don’t add the NST Automations from the Marketplace. When you add NST Manager, Automations is automatically installed along with it and is accessed from inside the NST Manager SmartApp.

Just wanted to add that I am having the same problem as you. I have three best thermostats and only the first has any event data in the graphs when I view the tiles through the smartapp link. Interestingly, if I go to the individual devices and look at the HTML tile, I can see the data for the other two thermostats. Just not through the link that shows all my thermostats on one webpage. Have also tried completely reinstalling with no luck.

The individual links for the devices is fairly new and was introduced primarily to offset the Android issues where the HTML data only gets loaded (viewable) once when opened in Things and can’t be viewed again until the ST app is Force stopped.

I know this feature is still being worked on and @tonesto7 will address when he gets a chance.

Nothing wrong with your setup. No need to reinstall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way to use the Nest Thermostat motion sensor as part of a presence detection protocol?

No. There is no API available for utilizing motion from Thermostat or Protect.

@WB70, @tonesto7, @jkp

After removing NST Manager and all its devices.
And then setting up NST Manager again, everything appears to be happy again! :grinning:

At least smart things did make it easier to remove things without first removing it from all other apps first one by one, so it was not near as bad as I was thinking it would be.
Now I just need to get all the automations, webcore, ask alexa, and everything else back to happy…

Thank you all!

1 Like

Same here. I was getting noticed to update the version - didn’t work. I tried to completely uninstall/reinstall but I couldn’t get that to work. Now nest won’t communicate presence; trying to change home/away in ST gets rejected / error. ST says Nest presence hasn’t changed in 2 weeks.

Are you using token from your Nest Developer account or are you using a supplied token?

If you are using your clientID / clientSecret, then goto your Nest Developer account and look at the Away permission. It needs to be Read/Write.

So, I double checked. In the IDE, Nest Manager, under settings, the client ID and client secret are the same as the Product ID and Product Secret in the OAuth section in Nest Developer. However, back in IDE, Nest Manager, the Client ID and Client Secret under OAuth are different. Make sense?

In Nest Developer, under permissions, Away is set to ‘read/write v2’.

When you open NST Manager from the mobile app, what does it show for Location and Home / Away Status?

Screenshot please.

I took some extras, just in case it helps since you’re being awesome and helping me. Much appreciate any advice.

IMG_8273IMG_8272IMG_8270

You Nest Location shows null. Nothing is going to work.

You need to uninstall everything. Then reinstall.

When you install from the Marketplace - DO NOT select NST Automations. This is not something you install. It gets Automatically installed when you select NST Manager.

And after a brief 10 minutes, everything is working again. For others benefit, I had a bit of trouble uninstalling. I kept getting error codes. I went back to the Things page on mobile and started to delete items there - anything involved with nest. Then the Smart Apps were able to be deleted. I also, for good measure, deleted the Device Handlers in IDE…then proceeded with the supplied instructions. I don’t know if all of the delete steps were required, but it finally worked, which is the goal.

Many, many thanks.

Happy you got things going again :slight_smile:

I had reposted my quick version of the uninstall process up above a couple of days ago. Here it is for reference:

So what am I missing here. No wonder the house has been cold, 2 of the 3 nest have not run for about 5 days. Everything looks correct.

@mckenph

Show a screenshot of the thermostat graphs for checked in and last received date on all 3 thermostats.

Are all 3 Thermostats physical Nest devices or is there a combination of virtual and which ones work, don’t work?

If Location and Home/Away are showing correctly in the Main screen, simply do a Save or Done on that Main screen so that it saves and exits out of NST Manager and leave it alone for 20 minutes. Then check to see if the dates update.

Looks like they all stopped at the same time

All 3?

Are they all physical thermostats?

1 Like

Yes I have 3physical Thermostat with automation but I also have 3 vertual also since I am using external temp sensors

Are all 3 showing the Feb 8th day??? You previously said 2 of 3 so I’m trying to verify if it’s all of them.