[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Because when you copied the oauth callback url from the instructions to the field in your Nest Developer Account, you probably have a space at the end of that url. That’s the reason 9 out of 10 times.

@tonesto7 any plans in adding support for the other nest related products like Nest Hello and the new lock?

Just to confirm, this SmartThings app you created, it is interfacing with the Nest devices via Nest’s API right? It’s not communicating via Z-wave or anything. Trying to evaluate if this app is going to provide me the ability to use Nest as part of the SmartThings ecosystem.

Looks awesome btw.

Nest hasn’t made any API available for the doorbell or Secure. I’m sure if they release anything, he will build it.

As for the lock, that’s Yale, so that would be from another angle. I hope they don’t delay the lock again. The Nest x Yale started as the Yale Linus all the way back in 2015 and now it has been rebranded. They say pre orders are being taken in Feb and will begin shipping in March. If they finally do, I will be replacing my yrd120 locks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah okay thanks for confirming everything. I wonder if the new Yale x Nest lock will have Bluetooth. I continually fear for the day my wifi gets knocked out and my keypad doesn’t work for some reason. For now it seems like Nest is really capturing the full market other than obscure things like a smart toaster.

did the same thing and looks like everything is humming well.

smartapp now correctly indicates the right version number.

1 Like

I was experiencing the NULL Location. Following these instructions as well as updating the the newest verision of the SmartApp and Devices. I was able to get it working again. The only side effect was I had 2 of each device but since it has been broken for a bit I was quickly able to tell which one was the old one to remove.

Side Note: I am NOT using my own Token, I’ve had this installed for a while with the old given token, thankfully I was able to keep that.

Thanks for this write up!

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble changing the temp value up or down after the latest update?

I have been using this app for a while now with no problems until now.
I originally had this problem.

(it appears that ST reset this information)

And after following the Wiki instructions I was able to create my very own Cleint ID and Secret!
Great job on the instructions!

However Now I get the same null location name as bellow!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

When you logged in with your Nest credentials, did you scroll down and click the accept button?

Hmm, can’t remember for sure, but I would think so!

I checked the “works with nest” page and my new device shows up, I was surprised to see that the old ST one was gone because I was going to remove it,

open the NST Manager, scroll down to Application Preferences and select it, scroll down to Nest Login Preferences and select it. Does it show Authorization info at the top with the Authorization Date?

Authorization Date:
Feb 12, 2018 -8:33 PM

Last Nest Connection:
Feb 13, 2018 -6:53 PM

LOL oh well, that was my sad attempt at trying to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you anyways!!:smiley:

1 Like

Sure, take the easy way out @jkp. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So I guess I have to be the bearer of bad news then.

Unfortunately, anyone who we have seen lose their Location “null”, they haven’t been able to recover without first removing/deleting and uninstalling everything first and then reinstalling. :persevere:

The guys could probably spend a week trying to troubleshoot it, but nobody wants to wait around while they can’t use it.

Several customers this week have successfully removed and reinstalled and got things going again so you can reach out to them with any of the same similar issues you might encounter. Somewhere in the NST Manager thread I have an informal procedure on the order to get everything removed. I will see if I can find it.

1 Like

Alright. Found one of my posts from November. This is a quick and dirty set of instructions to get rid of everything before reinstalling. If you want to wait for @tonesto7 or @E_Sch, you are more than welcome to, but I know they have hectic schedules and not sure of their availability.

Well, Crap, I was hoping to avoid that, but you are probably right!

I share those sentiments exactly.

One of those times I would like to be wrong.

Let us know once you get things up and running again.

I’ve had a couple of cracks at this but can’t seem to figure it out - once I’ve finished the installation, the Nest Automations smartapp literally just disappears before my eyes (inside the Android Smartthings app). I’ve followed the instructions again but I must be missing something. OAuth is definitely enabled.

The only smart app is NST Manager.
Found under Automation of the smartthings app!

Nest Automation is set up in there.

1 Like