[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

So I just decided to bite the bullet and move the the new 5.0.5 release. Given that I only have two Protects and the Weather device, I chose to fully remove everything and then re-install. Problem is, when I attempt to log into my Nest account, it takes me to the “Accept” page, and then after accepting I get the following error:

<!doctype html>

<html>
	<head>
		<meta name="layout" content="bootstrap-fixed">
		<title>Something Went Wrong</title>
		<link rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/components/errors/errors-9c6c2a11a83fd2e9a06d49628a0eab12.css"/>
	</head>
	<body>
		<div class="content">
			<h1>Oh No! Something Went Wrong!</h1>

<dl class="error-details">
				<dt>Error</dt><dd>500: Internal Server Error</dd>
				<dt>URI</dt><dd>/oauth/callback</dd>
				<dt>Reference Id</dt><dd>716d3e8f-6554-4391-b0e0-a56c058881d6</dd>
				<dt>Date</dt><dd>Fri Apr 21 20:33:00 UTC 2017</dd>
			</dl>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>

I double-checked to make sure I had enabled OAuth in the NST Manager app, but keep getting this. Any ideas? Thanks.

That means we have burned through our 100 installs in under 2 days. I’ll make the change here shortly to open up some more tokens

Wow thats quick, thought nest was going to help you so that wasn’t a problem any more or I’m i mistaken?~
Any idea what the total install count is or active install count is?

ha. Nest is a nightmare to work with :frowning:

Roughly 4500 active installs

1 Like

I installed the latest update from today from scratch. When I enter my nest credentials, it says that smartthings is now connected to nest. Then I click Done and it takes me back and the message comes up:

“You are not authorized to perform the requested operation”

yea sorry there was a bug… It’s fixed in the latest code. Just update your manager code and you should be good.

I then clicked next and it seems to be working! Maybe just some weird message that pops up.

Thanks for all your guys hard work on this integration. I love using it.

1 Like

How many times a week when you wake up (that is if you do sleep) do you as yourself “what in the hell did I get myself into?” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just did the upgrade from v4.5.2 and seems to have worked without an issue. Thanks @tonesto7 and @E_Sch for all the GREAT and FREE work you do for the community!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. It’s nice to see users post positive posts. Because the failures are the an extremely low percentage. We have something like 900 users on v5.x

1 Like

Have I told you how much I appreciate the annoying pop-up notifications that you have published another update ? No sarcasm intended, I really wish more codeslingers would implement this practice into their apps. I find myself with old depreciated versions all too often because if it works I don’t bother with it and never know about a new release until I happen across a post about it here in forum. Usually because I answer a question and am wrong because the old version I have is so obsolete .

3 Likes

Fixed. I had to use the first email address to login and set this app up. Then it was available on my “child” accounts. This app works for me, 1 thermo, multiple protects! Thanks!

old post:

I’m seeing “You are not authorized to perform the requested operation” when I hit done on the page with “device summary:”

Any ideas what I can try or check to fix this?

I’m running 5.0.6

First time setup.

I went through the process 3 times. Deleting/uninstalling and continue to get the same error above.

I’m using the parent nest account and a “child” ST account, could the “child” account be the issue?

I’ve been getting this random issue where it says Unavailble next to some thermostats. I have 5. Then they randomly fix themselves. Controls work though…

Try this:

1 Like

Same here… The upgrade went flawless!!! :tada:

1 Like

Really impressive stuff, guys. I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on installing since I have 11 Nest devices but I have one observation and question: neither the Protect nor Thermostat device handlers implement motion…is this a limitation of the API or has it just not yet been implemented? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

thermostats and protects don’t offer us any motion data (via the api).

Cameras offer some motion data, but Nest does not report this until the motion event has ended :frowning:

some of this is addressed in the docs:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

1 Like

Ah, bummer. I was hoping to use the Protect proxy sensing as a motion device and save a bunch of dollars and inelegance on motion sensors. I can see why it isn’t in the API, but was hoping. I’ll still check out the app.

I’m new to smartthings and I am struggling to integrate my Nest with my ST. I am trying to install the NST Manager, but not having any success finding the NST app, any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Gorilla
search for NST manager installation. you have to do some work in the smartthings IDE before you can find the app using the smartthings phone app ( i assume you are looking there for the NST app)