[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I read somewhere on the Facebook group that the Nest Cam integration with ActionTiles also stopped working. I wonder if this related.

A few weeks ago I was seriously considering scrapping all of my Nest thermostats for Ecobees so I can use their native remote sensors and not rely on unofficial integrations. The one thing holding me back was 2 of my 4 thermostats don’t have Common wires and would result in my trying to rewire my boiler room (I have a complex wiring setup in there and didn’t want to mess with it, especially during heart of winter). I share @tonesto7’s frustration with the ST platform and always troubleshooting these issues. It reminds me of Bruce’s Rule Machine and he just got fed up and left to start Hubitat.

I really wish Nest came out with remote sensors as well…

I just pushed out v5.3.5 which re-enables our embedded tokens since so many of them were invalidated it.
(This update does not fix the issue because we don’t know why it happened. It just means you don’t need to create your own dev accounts again for the time being)
There many other fixes and tweaks.

2 Likes

Thanks. I noticed I had to update via github as Community Installer didn’t update. Did you disable that?

i did for now. but will re-enable because i verified it doesn’t remove the appSettings

1 Like

Tony,

I updated everything. My Protects and Thermos still show 5.3.1 in the ST app. And the SmartApp continues to show me ‘Client ID, etc missing …’

Open the app and press done. It needs to download our appData from our database

Slight problem with that … :frowning_face:

SOB… I’m fixing please stand by

1 Like

Update your manager code… You should be able to press done

Okay, I have a ‘Save’ showing now. Tapping it gives me a spinner then things exit back to my SmartApp list. Going back in to the NST Manager continues to show me the errors pasted above.

Here’s my Live Logging (some info redacted):

1:50:48 PM: warn || NST Manager | createSavedNest: No Structures Found!!!
1:50:48 PM: warn || NST Manager | Missing: structData null
1:50:24 PM: debug NST Manager | Found: Nest Protect - xxxxx) exists
1:50:24 PM: debug NST Manager | Found: Nest Thermostat - xxxxx) exists
1:50:24 PM: debug NST Manager | Found: Nest Thermostat - xxxxx) exists
1:50:24 PM: trace | NST Manager | stateCleanup
1:50:03 PM: debug NST Manager | NST Manager Updated...with settings: [vRprtIncExtWeatInfo:true, weatherDevice:false, misPollNotifyWaitVal:900, pollStrValue:180, appApiFailedCmdMsg:true, notifyMsgWaitVal:3600, vRprtIncZoneInfo:true, optInSendExceptions:true, appApiIssuesMsg:true, updNotifyWaitVal:43200, showDataChgdLogs:false, allowAskAlexaMQ:true, debugAppendAppName:true, structures:OtECerrvvJQx0CUjt6SjUPiE6Tg4dt1gU75F88Jdq8FrcR8YIleCiQ, mobileClientType:ios, tempChgWaitVal:4, useAltNames:false, protects:[xxxxx], presDevice:false, enRemDiagLogging:false, disableAllAutomations:false, appDbgDiagRemindMsg:true, useMilitaryTime:false, sendAppUpdateMsg:true, thermostats:[xxxxx], optInAppAnalytics:true, tstatShowHistoryGraph:true, sendMissedPollMsg:true, watchDogNotifMissedEco:true, devNameOverride:true, usePush:true, showProtActEvts:true, vRprtIncUsageInfo:true, pollValue:180, useCustDevNames:false, appApiRateLimitMsg:true, disAppIcons:false, pollWaitVal:10, devHealthMsgWaitVal:3600, appApiIssuesWaitVal:900, locPresChangeMsg:true, resetAllData:false, devHealthNotifyMsg:true, vRprtIncSchedInfo:true]
1:49:50 PM: warn || NST Manager | Status Message: Client ID and Secret
Are both missing!

The built-in Client ID and Secret can no longer be provided.

Please visit the Wiki at the link below to resolve the issue.
1:49:50 PM: error | NST Manager | clientId is missing and is required to generate your Nest Auth token. Please verify you are running the latest software version
1:49:50 PM: error | NST Manager | clientId is missing and is required to generate your Nest Auth token. Please verify you are running the latest software version

I sent you a DM yesterday to work on fixing the Denied (permission issue) when trying to update the SmartApp with the ID and Secret. and included Tony on it.

You did, thanks. I didn’t respond as it was Saturday evening and I was busy.

Then this morning Tony pushed out an update that he expected would fix the problem. So, I have just been reporting back what I’m seeing with that update.

Be happy to let you take a look around but Tony thought he had this specific issue licked with an app update … He specifically says above he hoped to have resolved it to where a dev account and new token were not required.

And just curious, what are you going to be able to do by looking at my IDE? I’m not challenging you - just trying to understand. I do appreciate the help.

There are some backend tricks that I have worked on while working side by side with Tony and Eric for different customer issues that we have encountered in the past. Swapping code with another SmartApp and back again, taking different updates applied to the SmartApp. Changing device ids to bypass errors while applying updates. There are a bunch of things I can try to get around the issue you are having without having to remove and uninstall everything Nest.

I don’t know that the fix Tony applied addressed anything to do with the denied message that some of you are getting. He believes this is ST related somehow, I think.

It’s all good. I was available yesterday and offering to help. I will let you work with Tony on the issue and behavior you are experiencing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got ya. Let’s see how things go with Tony’s updates. If there’s no cigar I’ll holler.

And agreed, the denied message has got to be an ST issue. But what we were trying to address this morning was getting my SmartApp to pull the old token down again now that Tony has updated the NST Manager app for this.

Thanks again!

1 Like

What a headache the last couple of days have been. I have admittedly not been following along with this post. I have been using NST Manager for quite sometime now that it has been a set it and forget it kind of thing. Finally caught on that my webcore pistons were not automating the Nest anymore but it was still online. I have been digging through the pistons trying to figure out why. Then I finally decided lets open up NST Manager and boom there it was. Needed to setup the developer account and get things running because they want to play hardball with you. Ok, got it going. Took a couple times but eventually got the settings in there. Thanks for the clear instructions on this.

Now NST Manager says I have 1 thermostat and 2 protects, which is true, but after clicking into the devices page it says no devices found. I am getting the following error when trying to send commands to update the thermostat now

Nest Manager API CMD Failed:
The (nestCmdResponse 0 (structures{away:home})) CMD sent to the API has failed.
Status Code: 404
ErrorMsg: Not Found
DT: Sun Feb 11 17 17:48:45 CST 2018

Any idea what I might have missed along the way?

A lot of us have this issue and right now as the integration is broken. At this point, the developers are not sure what the issue is and I believe they are researching.

Thanks, I guess I did not scroll up far enough.

1 Like

Install the latest code and clear out your id and settings. Then try to setup again. Let me know if that works for you

The latest code didn’t work for me. I still get the structures issue.

These two are totally unrelated.

For ActionTiles and using Media to display our Nest cams, a lot of us were using a backdoor hack to display our cameras. ActionTiles has now implemented direct functionality that you are able to insert your code from Nest for when you allowed the camera to be displayed publicly. There is a 3rd choice when cresting Media to allow for this functionality.

This is totally independent of of having your Nest cams installed in SmartThings. To use that functionality in AT, you do not have to have anything related to Nest installed in ST. :slight_smile: This only applies to your cameras and viewing the feeds using Media in AT.

1 Like