[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Either this is some sort of ST issue going on, or there may be an issue with the previous token within the SmartApp and it won’t allow you to update the Settings.

@tonesto7 @E_Sch. This is the 2nd person so far that can’t update the Settings in NST Manager and receiving 403 error. Replacing old expired token with new Nest Developer token. I’m sure there are going to be more. Can you investigate to see if this is an ST issue or something that can be resolved within NST Manager itself?

Two different shards where access was denied. Just FYI.

That’s what’s happening to me, too. Except I’m on a different shrd. I can
provide screenshots when in back at a computer.

See my post above. The developers may be able to shed some light on this. Hold off on mucking with it until they get back. :slight_smile:

FWIW I have this problem even after deleting everything and starting from
scratch.

still received location notifications after opening a developer account.

i just disabled notifications.

I had the same issue but i just re signed in to Nest and it seems to be working again apart from my thermostat, which I noticed last night that it last checked in on sunday 4th of Feb @ 9:37:27. Any ideas what i’m looking for to fix? all the other devices are fine.

You can turn on / off different Notifications from within NST Manager without having to turn off ST Notifications.

Select your account for Notifications and then enable / disable what you want to receive.

1 Like

thanks i also did that… but now im getting notifications(even if i disabled it) for API ISSUES.

If you are receiving API error messages, that’s not a good thing, period. Are these errors that you are receiving, affecting your devices?

Turn on Live logging and send a DM with those logs to @tonesto7 @E_Sch and you can include me as well.

1 Like

DM sent.

not that i know of… only thing i have NST MANAGER setup is turning my HEATING and COOLING to ECO when we are either at HOME or AWAY.

I previously had a working token and now I get the screenshot on the botton. There is no way to enter in the token information. I logged into my Nest Developer account and everything looks fine on that end.
I noticed when I log into the native Nest app and look at my “Works with Nest” connections, I no longer see NST Manager. It appears that it might be permission related.

Also fwiw, I just starting using @tonesto7’s Community Installer app to update NST Manager and perhaps that played a role in this?

Edit: I put the Nest Developer token info into the settings(except for devopt, as I don’t know what that is) in the the NST Manager smartapp in the IDE and the STmobile app now asked me to log back in to my Nest account and permissions now show up in Nest native app, but in ST it doesn’t appear NST Manager is working. I am also getting mobile app errors saying it’s unable to remove my devices. In device selection, it says Null for location so it doesn’t appear it’s connecting to my Nest account properly. In the IDE, I am getting warnings about No Structure found. Here are other errors I see jn the IDE logs. I am really helping I don’t have to rebuild everything from scratch as this would be like the 6th time :frowning:

I reset everything up due to the nest Developer account issue but now my automation wont work I keep getting temp not separated by 3. My set points are 69 and 72 I have tried spreading them more and it does the same error. Any help please…

So one of two things are happening here:

1. Nest is now actively blocking Auth/API requests from SmartThings
  2. SmartThings OAuth flow is broken

I can click my thermostat in the device list and then change temp it will show up on my thermostat

Hmmm…@TonyFlesher above mentioned that after he removed everything and started over, it’s working for him. I would think if Nest is actively blocking requests, it would be an all or nothing deal, right?

It sounds more likely a ST platform issue if anything. I just got home and my routine didn’t trigger either. Here we go again.

I removed and reinstalled after I did the Developer thing and it works except it will not automate due the error I posted above.

Just out of curiosity, did you use the Community Installer app to update NST Manager?

not me I update via github

Ok looks like that was coincidence because the Community Installer app wiped out the Nest Tokens. Sounds like there is another issue going on here…