[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

How do I delete watch dog automation?

There is definitely an outage. Just received email not to long ago

1 Like

Yeah, looks like the status page updated from the initial “investigating” notice that this was a scheduling issue, and has added device control.

Update - Some North American users may be experiencing issues with missed scheduled events and with device control. Our engineers are actively investigating.
Apr 13, 19:13 EDT

1 Like

Just found that too in another thread. I didn’t even know there was something I could subscribe to that would tell me something was going on.

http://status.smartthings.com/

I’m subscribed now so I can refrain from barking up the wrong tree.

Is ST still not working?

Since I installed this SmartApp, my nest devices were offline. So I went and did some searching and it said to remove the app and reinstall in case it was upgraded from a previous version. So, i did that and I was stuck with all devices offline. That’s 4-nest protects, 2 thermostats, and Nest Weather, all offline.

I took the following actions

1. So I set off my smoke alarm, and all four came online.
  2. In the IDE, I went into the Nest Weather and thermostats>Preference>edit>reset, they were blank. I set “true” for both. They came online.
  3. I went back and set them to blank.
  4. One of my thermostats keeps going back offline.
  5. I scratched my head because IDK WTF. Everything works fine. Controls operate. Nest App operates. Just Smartthings is reporting this one thermostat offline when I enable history.

As a side note: I had to chat with tech support to remove this app today. They were able to access my account and remove the app. I couldn’t remove the app on my own.

I had the same issue after updating, I just opened the Nest and turned the heat up a bit. It reconnected right after that and stopped showing the online notification. However, when I open up one of my Nests in the Smartthings app, it says Device Update Available. Which I don’t understand since I updated it this morning. The device type shows as 4.5.2 (New: v5.0.1). So which one do I have? 4.5.2 or 5.0.1? The smarthings IDE shows 5.0.1 is published, not sure why the app is saying otherwise. Any ideas?

St has been having a rough couple days

And both my Nests and Protects are showing offline. Never hand a single problem with Nest Manager until I updated it from the IDE this morning.

I was having issues so I attempted to remove everything and start from scratch. Now I am getting an error when I try to sign in to Nest when installing the SmartApp. It is a long string of characters with Invalid_Token at the end. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this.

1. After you reapplied everything in IDE, did you enable OAuth on the NEST Manager Smart App?

2. If Yes on 1 above, open your Nest App and click on the Gear icon and select Works with Nest. Is there an existing connection to NST Manager in there? If so, select it and remove connection from Works with Nest.

Open NST Manager again from the ST Marketplace/My apps again and see if either of these things resolves your issue.

1 Like

Just to make sure there isn’t a bigger issue at play, I just went into my NST Manager and Revoked / Reset my Nest Token without any issues. Hopefully the steps above will clear things up for you.

1 Like

Reseting the nest connections worked. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I can’t get past Accept in the Works with Nest screen. It keeps saying , “Can’t reach nest.com right now. Try again soos.”

I disabled my Alexa nest skill and I was able to get through the Works with Next screen within Alexa. Also, I have verified that I enabled OAuth on the NST Manager App.

Thoughts/suggestions???

EDIT working now. I believe removing the old nest devices fixed the issue.

I’m getting the same error as others when I try to “Accept” integration with my Nest account, “Can’t reach nest.com right now…”

I am setting up from scratch. I first tried the github integration, followed all of the steps, and then got some generic error (can’t remember the exact wording) when I tried to tap “accept”. So, I deleted the two smartapps, deleted the device handler, killed github integration, and did the manual method. Now I’m getting the “can’t reach nest.com” error mentioned above. Any help with this would be very appreciated. I already tried resetting the OAuth “Client secret” key, but same error when I tap “Accept”.

Since I have no “old” Nest devices, I can’t try the method suggested by kaczmarczyk above.

Thanks

Alright I’m back from holidays.
I’m looking into this, but I bet I’m out of tokens again.
Which is not the end of the world because In our path to get certified by Nest we discovered we need to update how our nest client ids and secrets are shared. I will be pushing out an update by this afternoon to address this.

Asking for a friend. No really. Can Nest alert you if your condensation pump fails? My friend said it was able to tell that it was offline, but he wanted a way to be alerted if it happens again.

1 Like

Just upgraded tonight. Unfortunately I did not read this upgrade notice first and just tried to upgrade the old way with github. So I went back and added the automations app and after some messing around, I have all my devices working. I have not been able to perform the last step of the upgrade which is upgrading to the new NST Manager. When I go to the market place, my apps, it shows Nest Manager and nothing happens when I select it. The Nest Manager app that is installed will not run. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

I finally got the Nest and ST to allow the connection for Works with Nest. I did this after a clean uninstall and reinstall per the instructions and at this time everything’s seems to be working flawlessly.

1 Like

This is something quite odd that began happening with the release of 5.04.

For whatever reason I consistently receive messages that my Nest has gone OFFLINE. When I check, everything is fine meaning it is NOT offline at least as far as the Nest App is concerned.

It does appear as OFFLINE in ST (so it may be ST) but this outage lasts maybe 1 minute.

Anyone seen this?

1 Like